collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I ask/remind someone to leave me feedback on eBay?  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Can I ask/remind someone to leave me feedback on eBay?
« on: August 26, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
Title sums it up. On the 2nd I won and paid (within half an hour) for an item. It took a while to get here, but once it finally did I left positive feedback (on the 11th). But they STILL have not left any for me. I'm getting really really ticked off. On here, I wait for contact or feedback before leaving my own and if someone doesn't give either they also take a loss and I've already got a decent number so I shrug it off. But this was my second purchase on eBay, and with being a totally perfect buyer I'm really annoyed. It doesn't look like they've left any feedback for others recently either, unless I missed it. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I ask/remind someone to leave me feedback on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with sending them a polite message about it ;)
  Is this someone who sells a lot of items at once BTW? sometimes it takes those sellers a bit longer to catch up with feedbacks (although you have been waiting a while :yikes: )   Unfortunately there is also an annoying trend of people not bothering to leave feedback on ebay these days though  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
Thanks! I was about to do that but got worried eBay might have weird rules about it. xD

I didn't see how many they had listed at the time I bought mine, but they have 13 listing up now and have a lot of closely dated feedback. I just noticed the "Feedback left for others" section, and she has barely left any feedback in August but did a lot of sales (and most of the August feedback is from buying).

Does this sound fine?
"Hi there! Please don't forget to leave me feedback for this transaction.  :)"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:55:46 PM by Taxel »

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:46:32 AM »
I'd probably put something along the lines of:

"Hi there

I hope you're happy with how our transaction went! I'm new to ebay and would really appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave feedback for me. I look forward to buying from you in the future"

If they don't usually leave feedback, I reckon they are probably more likely to do it if given a reason. :)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:55:36 AM »
Doesn't ebay send those annoying automatic emails about leaving feedback?

Unless...only Amazon does that :huh:
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 04:05:50 AM »
I think what you wrote and what Daffy wrote both look good.  :ohyeah:

I know the disappoinment when your trying to build your feedback on ebay and buyers/sellers do not reciprocate.

But a polite email will hopefully do the trick.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »
I like what DaffyDilly typed out... I would use that when gently inquiring for some feedback.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »
There is this pony seller on ebay that for whatever reason will not ever leave me feedback. I have bought several things from her and left her positive feedback every time and she has not only ignored every question I have sent in to her, but never willing to leave feedback.  I am thinking what in the world did I do to her?  I pay her for her ponies right after I win them and leave positive feedback everytime. Man that must be a real downer. :nuts:  I even checked to see what she was leaving for others. Yep she leaves feedback for others just not me.  The woman dislikes me for some reason that isn't based on reality.  I think the whole thing is so silly..kind of reminds me of grade school behavior.   So, I don't plan on purchasing another thing from her since she can't even answer my questions.  This has been going on for over a year. So, I totally know how you feel about the feedback thing.  Its hard when you are building.  I think you have gotten some good advice on how to word it. I agree writing them is a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:36:37 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
Oo thanks for posting this thread, I bought something from someone over a month ago now and never received feedback. I've just messaged them now but I was the last person to buy from them and give them feedback and they don't currently have any items for sale so looks like they're not currently active :huh: Hopefully they'll get an email notification and see I've messaged them..

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »
To answer your title: Yes. But do it only once.

This brings to mind an incident that happened to me several years ago on ebay where I bought from a fellow collector. And they HOUNDED me for feedback.  I believe was still in retail at the time, and you know what those schedules are like, and nine times out of ten I'd come home exhausted, so feedback really wasn't the first thing on my mind. Anyway, when I didn't leave feedback, they sent me a note saying "How they strive to provide exceptional service, and they need the feedback, and blah blah blah". When I unintentionally ignored the first one, I got a second one a week later, and on and on until I finally fired back that I would get to it when my sanity returned. I finally did leave feedback just to shut them up.  Hounding someone for feedback is NOT good customer service.

So there's my slant on it. People will get to it if and when they can.  Some people, like me, will completely forget that they ordered something, and by then, it's too late to do feedback (I did that recently). Don't be overly pushy, just ask once if they'll provide feedback, and if they don't, move on.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
"Hi there

I hope you're happy with how our transaction went! I'm new to ebay and would really appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave feedback for me. I look forward to buying from you in the future"

This is perfect. And I agree with others, I would not ask more than once. I actually had a seller hound me for feedback once, starting BEFORE I even got the package.... which did show up all torn and one of the toys had a dead bug inside it. I learned later that she is on the bad trader list and got banned from the Arena years ago. I guess I'm lucky I even got what I ordered!

For feedback on eBay I know I have gotten a couple feedback reminder e-amils but I think that happens only if you get close to the deadline for leaving feedback so I haven't had it happen often. You have 60 days from the sale date to leave feedback but technically it's a voluntary thing so I would contact the seller only once about it as a reminder.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal