collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?  (Read 18264 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
I've seen this before on other G4s too. 

My Theory:  I think the figures, the plastic, is still warm when they package them and as they cool down the plastic settles onto the packaging form.  I suspect it's some sort of "Just-in-time" production-packaging cost-saving maneuver.  Rather than to let them cool down completely before packaging.   Just my theory.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
I just checked the Lyra I bought yesterday, and yup she has the same issue. Though it's stupid, I don't mind as much because they still display alright and I don't imagine selling them anytime soon. I'm sure in the future undented ponies will be worth a lot though!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
Ha, Hasbro is going to be swimming in calls if this keeps up--and they deserve it! If they're going to put out sets specifically for collectors and expect $40 a pop, they better be prepared for quality control calls!

They should be prepared for this too, Hasbro has had a VERY long standing relationship with rabid collectors of the Transformers line. They do a lot of Transformers toys for collectors only, and they know the price and quality that collectors toys should be!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »
This is making me question getting this set. For the price, I expect quality, especially since the set is being marketed specifially to collectors. The QC on the entire G4 line seems to have been very lax.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Katai

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 01:57:10 PM »
Woah. Thats crazy! I'll be sure to look very carefully for damage when I go to buy this set now. :(

You might not be able to tell, because it occurs where the plastic holds the pony. I'm not sure how apparent it is until you open it. But perhaps if you are looking specifically for it you might be able to catch it...

It was not visable from the outside. The only time these were noticed was when the ponies were taken OUT of the package.

Post Merge: August 06, 2012, 01:59:43 PM

This is making me question getting this set. For the price, I expect quality, especially since the set is being marketed specifially to collectors. The QC on the entire G4 line seems to have been very lax.

Which is exactly why I was pissed. I dropped 40 bucks on this. Not 5, not 10, but 40. I was intended on keeping Trixie, Pon 3, NM and Lemony gem and selling off the others. But it doesn't change the fact that they ponies are damaged. Hasbros reaction is garbage too. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:59:43 PM by Katai »

Offline Moss

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »

Which is exactly why I was pissed. I dropped 40 bucks on this. Not 5, not 10, but 40. I was intended on keeping Trixie, Pon 3, NM and Lemony gem and selling off the others. But it doesn't change the fact that they ponies are damaged. Hasbros reaction is garbage too.
Even if I pay $5 for something, I expect it to be of good quality. When I got Feathermay, she had a ton of QC issues which I complained to Hasbro about. I got a voucher for $5 off my next Hasbro product purchase, but my mom couldn't understand why I made such a big deal about it. She said it was just a toy, and it wasn't meant to be a collector's item. I told her that it didn't matter, and if I'm spending my money on something, especially from a company that usually has great products, I expect that my money isn't going to be wasted on a piece of junk. This is even worse, though, because these are meant to be collector's items!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
My comic con :muffin: Pony pony had nasty dents all around her hooves too!

And I'm not sure it's because the ponies are hot when they put them in the packaging. They must have cooled down to have their hair sewn in and their decorations tampo printed on.

I think the plastic they use in their bodies is just a softer material that damages much more easily.... Many of the ponies I have bought recently have dents and scratches. :/

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
I just opened my Crystal Empire Glimmer Wings Diamond Rose and Pinkie Pie has an awful dent in her front. So apparently this is a problem all around right now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »
Wow, dents...i hope this is not something we will be seeing more of. >-<

Though i don't think people should have expected higher quality from the "fan favorites" pack. I don't think $40 is that bad for a set of 7 ponies, with one being an exclusive winged unicorn and some other exclusives regular ponies.
To me there also never seemed anything really "collector" to it apart from some of the characters being popular with older fans.

But yeah, there is no excuse for those dents...

Katai

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
So I'm urging EVERYONE who has had issues to contact hasbro. I think if we can make enough noise they'll hopefully fix the packaging problem

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
I am pretty sure it's not because the pony is hot when placed into the packaging. The eye and cutie mark decals would not stay on the pony if it was hot, and it would smudge all over if it touched another object. I'm pretty sure the pony is cool when those are applied. And then dried before it goes through a packaging process.

The plastic is shaped around the ponies, and the machine that is doing is hot to mold the plastic around. So if it gets too close to the pony, then the heat and the pressure dent the pony.

I hope that makes sense.

edit: I also know that dropping $40 for the set is expensive, but for the amount you get in there it's average price. It's only coming out to be around $5.70 per pony.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:39:17 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
That is awful, I have not been thrilled with Hasbro's QC either. Hopefully my Favorites set isn't bad enough that I have to take it back when it comes.

Maybe it is actually better that I payed a little extra to get Trixie, Lyra, and Luna from Chinese sellers on eBay instead of waiting for them to come out in stores. My Lyra just came and it is flawless with no marks or dents of any kind.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »
You think it's possible to fix the dents somehow? Submerging the parts in hot water or something? I don't feel like replacing any ponies because of dents since it doesn't bother me too much.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
You think it's possible to fix the dents somehow? Submerging the parts in hot water or something? I don't feel like replacing any ponies because of dents since it doesn't bother me too much.
hot water or hair dryer anything to het them up would probably be the best option

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
The dents are nasty, but I'm kind of goggling at the seams on Lyra!  That's super shoddy, in my opinion.  Wow... makes me sorta glad I've decided to focus on the older gens and maybe the blind bags... :huh:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal