collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?  (Read 18266 times)

Katai

• Trade Count: (0)
I just bough the MLP favorite collection with nightmare moon and the such. And Nearly ALL the ponies have dents in the plastic from where the package was applying pressure..I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue?

****Pictures of Damage****

There are several folks that have posted their damage here. Here is what I encountered:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other such damages can be found throughout the thread by other pony collectors

****1st Response*****

Sherry: Welcome to Hasbro CHAT, this is Sherry, how may I help you today?
File attachment upload has started.
Sherry: Hello Paula, how may I assist you today?
The file dent2.jpg (309.7KB) was received.
File attachment upload has started.
The file dent1.jpg (370.56KB) was received.
Paula Umana: I recently came across the My Little Pony Favorite colletion in Toys R Us and purchased it. When I got it home, I removed several ponies from the packaging and they all had serious dents and damage to the plastic.
Paula Umana: Those are only two of the ponies that have damage, the blue one being the worse and I didn't bother removing the last few as when I got to Dj Pon3 I noticed she also had issues. Every pony in that set was damaged.
Sherry: I do apologize for that experience.

Do you still have the packaging available?
Paula Umana: Yes. The damage seemed to be from the actual packaging, where pressure was applied to the ponies from the plastic
Sherry: I understand. I'd like to take care of this for you today.
Paula Umana: Thank you
Sherry: I need the item number which is usually located by the age grade on the packaging.

It is my pleasure.
Sherry: It can sometimes be 5-10 number long and may have a "/" in between the first 5 numbers and the last 5 numbers.
Paula Umana: Looking for it but don't see it.
Paula Umana: oh wait there it is
Paula Umana: A0634
Sherry: Perfect thank you so much. Please bear with me one moment.
Paula Umana: ok
Sherry: I appreciate your patience.

This is an actual exclusive to Toys-R-Us.

Although I can not replace the Ponies, I can send you a postage paid label to return them for a refund.
Paula Umana: Why cant the ponies be replaced?
Sherry: They are an exclusive only to Toys-R-Us.

They are not available separately.

Sherry: I can email the label to you.
Sherry: You would get it in a matter of minutes and it is postage paid.

As soon as we receive the set back, we'd refund you for the purchase price.
Paula Umana: My concern is that I'm going to purchase another set as I do want specific ones out of the set, and they're going to be damaged again. If I spend 40 dollars on the set I don't want to recieve damaged ponies. Is it an issue that the quality control can look into regarding the packaging? I've had other folks tell me that even their individual playful ponies had similar damage as well due to harder plastic in the packaging
Sherry: I can understand your concern and the fact you would like to complete your collection. I wish I had them available.

I am not sure if it is something that happened in shipment. I will certainly pass this on to our product team so they are well aware.
Sherry: I am not sure if you'd rather go to the store directly for a replacement.
Sherry: That way you can ensure you are getting the ones you want.
Paula Umana: Oh trust me its not shipment. All the points of dents in the plastic are from where the plastic packaging pressing intot he ponies. I don't know if TRU will take them back since they've been opened. I'll return them directly to you and wait till they're more avaliable. Hopefully that means you've fixed the dent problem in the batches that have it.
Sherry: When did you purchase the set?
Paula Umana: Yesterday
Sherry: Please provide the age and gender of the child/person using the toy.
Paula Umana: 25/female
Paula Umana: they were for display only
Sherry: Can you please verify your email and mailing addresses?
Paula Umana:  (Left blank. No stalkers please!)
Sherry: I will email that label at the close of the Chat. You should see it in approximately 5 minutes.

Do you still have the receipt?
Paula Umana: Yes
Sherry: Please enclose a copy, so we can refund you the purchase price.
Paula Umana: ok..I hope this is fixed in the future.
Sherry: I appreciate your letting us know of this issues and assure you I will share it the the team.
Paula Umana: Its not right to charge that much for a set and get nothing but damaged goods
Paula Umana: Thank you
Sherry: I completely understand.

Thank you for contacting us today Paula.

Enjoy your day!
Sherry has disconnected.

****2nd Response****

I eventually got fed up and called their call center. I spoke to a very nice woman named Kim who apologized and told me that they hadn't received any other complaints about the Favorite Collection specifically. She urged me to tell other people that if their sets, whether it be playful pony or favorites collection, has defects or damages, to call hasbro directly and let them know about it.

****Sooo...now what?****

Best thing to do would be to contact hasbro. I would suggest calling as its more direct.

Hasbro customer service : 1-800-255-5516

Tell them about any and all damage. The more calls placed, the more likley that they'll hopefully do something about these problems. Regardless of how much you paid for your pony item, or the fact that they're toys, its unacceptable for a company to expect their customers to pay for product thats defective and/or damaged 90% of the time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:05:03 PM by Katai »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »
Wow that doesn't sound good! Do you have pics?
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »
Oh no, how terrible :( I pre ordered mine and it hasn't come in yet. I hope there are no dents!
My Wish List

Katai

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:40:05 PM »
Okay here are some pics of the mess.. RD was the worst hit by the dents. These are just two of them.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:51:02 AM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »
They all have dents? Even Nightmare Moon?

I am so happy I decided to stop buying new Hasbro products. That is beyond unacceptable, especially since its marketed towards collectors.

Katai

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 12:13:56 AM »
Well I stopped at DJ Pon3 once I saw that SHE had dents too. Nightmare moon had no dents but some very obvious rubbing. I'm calling Hasbro tomorow to complain and see what they can do, if they do anything. If they don't this set is going back to the store much to my disappointment.

Rion

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »
Ugh.. I literally CRINGED at seeing this.

I hope you can get some sort of dent-free replacement. :/

Katai

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »
I would hope so. its unacceptable to have a customer pay that much for a "Favorite Collection" set and have them ALL damaged. This damage was NOT visable from the outside otherwise I would have never gotten it. And its so unbelievably bad.

Binny

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »
That's horrible, especially Rainbow Dash! This is not okay at all, especially for how expensive this set is. :(

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
Wow, it's like they were still hot when they packaged them up... And I agree. They need to step up in the QC'ing department!

TwilightTrixie

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »
Ack!  That's some awful damage!  I hope they can replace the ponies for you and that this problem doesn't plague all the collector's sets. :(

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 04:38:26 AM »
I just picked up Lyra, Trixie, Sunny Rays and Cherry Berry yesterday and I noticed all four of them have marks in the same spot. So the singles are susceptible to these marks now as well. I'm not sure why, but they apparently changed the packaging and besides being much harder to remove the ponies from the plastic, it's also leaving marks on them. Before the four newest ones, I've only had one other pony with marks from the packaging and that was the Rarity that came with the carousel. I bought her back in January and while the marks have faded some, they're still there, which makes me think the marks on my new girls will be visible for at least a little while.

Sweetie-Swirl

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:11 AM »
I noticed how poor the quality of the G4 toys are, and especially with damaged products like those! I really hope they will replace your ponies. Habro needs to put more thought into the way they package their ponies..

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:43 AM »
That's terrible  >_<   And it's not like it was a cheap set either to purchase.

I am glad you contacted Hasbro and hopefully they will compensate you, like sending you a new set. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:59 AM »
That's terrible  >_<   And it's not like it was a cheap set either to purchase.

I am glad you contacted Hasbro and hopefully they will compensate you, like sending you a new set. 

Sending a new set wouldn't really help, though, since the issue is with the packaging. Meaning, every single set is going to have that same issue to some extent. And like I said, the same thing happened with my wave 8 singles which were harder than previous singles to get out of the plastic, so I'm pretty sure that they changed the packaging completely.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal