collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?  (Read 18258 times)

starlightcomet

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
I noticed that seams issue with an older set too, but I guess as it is a manufacturing thing, any pony made and put out to sell can have this issue sadly whenever a set is re-distributed to restock shelves.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:55:40 PM by starlightcomet »

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »
Ive found that the ponies that come with tiaras have the dents/grooves. The worst ones are actually from the elastic band holding the crown in place. I also have this Twilight with'bruised' plastic on the eye.  The photo doesnt show it very well, but it is an obvious discolouration (and small paint scratch on the eye) She also has a chunk of glue on the NDS side.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Messed around with the levels a bit to show the area more

My other twilight also has 4 small black dots on her body NDS. I didnt notice them before wetting and styling her once, so i dont know if it was there to start with.

The only thing i really can do is swap the heads around.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:48:39 PM by Axalth »
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
I got used to accepting this while collecting the G3s:p  It's a rare pony indeed that comes out of the package "mint" these days.  Some things you can check while in the packages(paint rubs, mystery marks, off color head, etc), but some stuff is a surprise after you open the pony(dents, weird hair issues, stains from accessories touching the pony, etc).  I just got the castle in the mail last week, and Princess Cadence has a permanent mark on one nostril. 

I was not happy to see the seams on my Trixie that I found yesterday.   It's terrible, but I just got used to accepting most of this due to the G3s.  I check as best I can, and hope for the best.  If I returned every pony that's got quality issues, I would be at the store for hours every week. 

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 07:25:51 PM »
I just checked my Fun at the Fair ponies that I'm pretty sure had dents in them, but saw no trace of said dents. It's possible that I am mistaken, but it looks like there is hope that the dents will eventually disappear on their own.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
Guys, I may be mistaken, but G3's often had the same problems coming out of the packaging around the hooves. Eventually, left out of packaging, the plastic bounced back.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »
I wonder if a dunk in hot water might help?

Katai

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »
 I would like to see someone try this. I can't, I'm returning my set so I don't want to ruin my chances but if someone can try this and let us know the results i'd love that

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »
They all have dents? Even Nightmare Moon?

I am so happy I decided to stop buying new Hasbro products. That is beyond unacceptable, especially since its marketed towards collectors.
Pardon?  They are still marketed to little girls - they still sell in the toy section.  The only ones "marketed to collectors" are going to be your Fair and Comic Con ponies.  The rest can be found in little girls hands who do not care how bad they are.

I am not saying it is right, but gang, for the price you are lucky the heads are on the right way. 

I buy Breyers, they cost anywhere from $20 to $75 and up new - they come with box rubs and bent legs, they are marketed to collectors, and I can see getting bent over that.  But for the most part over a toy? 

Oh and G3's had all kinds of messes, as did G1's - some of those mis-matched heads and bodies have nothing to do with fading but with production of a cheap childs toy.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
well, remember the saddles? if you left them on the pony for awhile, they left indents that eventually popped out. I'm sure the same thing will happen :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »

I am so happy I decided to stop buying new Hasbro products. That is beyond unacceptable, especially since its marketed towards collectors.
Pardon?  They are still marketed to little girls - they still sell in the toy section.  The only ones "marketed to collectors" are going to be your Fair and Comic Con ponies.  The rest can be found in little girls hands who do not care how bad they are.

I am not saying it is right, but gang, for the price you are lucky the heads are on the right way. 

I buy Breyers, they cost anywhere from $20 to $75 and up new - they come with box rubs and bent legs, they are marketed to collectors, and I can see getting bent over that.  But for the most part over a toy? 

Oh and G3's had all kinds of messes, as did G1's - some of those mis-matched heads and bodies have nothing to do with fading but with production of a cheap childs toy.

People said this set is $40, and $40 is quite a bit of money. That would feed me for a at least two weeks, better than I'm able to eat now. Having every single pony covered in dents (especially on top of all the other common Hasbroken 'quality' problems) is not acceptable. I don't care if they're truly children's toys, they should not be so damaged just being taken out of the package and its crazy to me how many people are like "oh well its bugs me but that's how it is, I'll just keep buying them and never complaining".

I don't care if something is $5 or $40, 'just a toy' or for collectors, it should not be broken/damaged directly out of the package. If I paid $40 for a set of ponies with heads on the wrong way, heads would roll at Hasbro like you wouldn't believe. We're not "lucky" their heads are on the right way. It is Hasbro's JOB to make toys and please their customers to sell products. It is not the duty of collectors to just throw our money at a company and be grateful we get anything in return, no matter how bad the quality is. That's not how it works. If they sell us crap and people get sick of it, they'll get angry and stop buying the products.

Every time someone tells me to be grateful Hasbro even makes ponies, be grateful they're not worse, etc it drives me insane. We owe Hasbro NOTHING. Hasbro is the company and they design/make the products. I have bought brand new non-Hasbro toys whose retail price is $15-25. The company making these dolls somehow makes them have wonderful quality, barely any flaws (I have had 2 issues total out of 19 dolls and one issue was very small), and awesome clothing/wigs. And because ponies are far simpler, they don't need all the assembly that the dolls do. Hasbroken can do better as proven by other toy companies with much higher quality products in the same price range, but they choose not to. That's not okay with me.

They also sell collector Barbies right next to normal Barbies, so being on the toy aisle doesn't really change that. The fact still remains that this set, White Celestia, and Zecora are collector oriented. Sure kids will probably like them too, but collectors and bronies have been begging for more show accurate toys, background character toys, and a white Celestia. Hasbro finally listened.

Katai

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »

People said this set is $40, and $40 is quite a bit of money. That would feed me for a at least two weeks, better than I'm able to eat now. Having every single pony covered in dents (especially on top of all the other common Hasbroken 'quality' problems) is not acceptable. I don't care if they're truly children's toys, they should not be so damaged just being taken out of the package and its crazy to me how many people are like "oh well its bugs me but that's how it is, I'll just keep buying them and never complaining".

I don't care if something is $5 or $40, 'just a toy' or for collectors, it should not be broken/damaged directly out of the package. If I paid $40 for a set of ponies with heads on the wrong way, heads would roll at Hasbro like you wouldn't believe. We're not "lucky" their heads are on the right way. It is Hasbro's JOB to make toys and please their customers to sell products. It is not the duty of collectors to just throw our money at a company and be grateful we get anything in return, no matter how bad the quality is. That's not how it works. If they sell us crap and people get sick of it, they'll get angry and stop buying the products.

Every time someone tells me to be grateful Hasbro even makes ponies, be grateful they're not worse, etc it drives me insane. We owe Hasbro NOTHING. Hasbro is the company and they design/make the products. I have bought brand new non-Hasbro toys whose retail price is $15-25. The company making these dolls somehow makes them have wonderful quality, barely any flaws (I have had 2 issues total out of 19 dolls and one issue was very small), and awesome clothing/wigs. And because ponies are far simpler, they don't need all the assembly that the dolls do. Hasbroken can do better as proven by other toy companies with much higher quality products in the same price range, but they choose not to. That's not okay with me.

They also sell collector Barbies right next to normal Barbies, so being on the toy aisle doesn't really change that. The fact still remains that this set, White Celestia, and Zecora are collector oriented. Sure kids will probably like them too, but collectors and bronies have been begging for more show accurate toys, background character toys, and a white Celestia. Hasbro finally listened.

I cannot like your statement enough. Well said.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:57 PM »
I would like to see someone try this. I can't, I'm returning my set so I don't want to ruin my chances but if someone can try this and let us know the results i'd love that

I will try it tomorrow i have a girl with minor dent and i know the water won't hurt her. I will post my results here!

Katai

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »

I will try it tomorrow i have a girl with minor dent and i know the water won't hurt her. I will post my results here!

Thank you. If this works I'm willing to try it on the set so I can salvage it

Post Merge: August 06, 2012, 10:23:38 PM

Oh and do before and after pics =p If it works

BronySD

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »
I was reading your chat with "Shelly" at Hasbro and it reminds me of a client that I have that is a program developer. A lot of major Companies are starting to use a computer program that is trained to answer over 2000 questions and help cut back on calls. What i would do is contact Hasbro directly over the phone and wait to speak to an actual person. Maybe that way you can actually get replacement ponies.

Katai

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »
I was reading your chat with "Shelly" at Hasbro and it reminds me of a client that I have that is a program developer. A lot of major Companies are starting to use a computer program that is trained to answer over 2000 questions and help cut back on calls. What i would do is contact Hasbro directly over the phone and wait to speak to an actual person. Maybe that way you can actually get replacement ponies.

Thanks! I'll have to give that a shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal