collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which ebay disclaimers should I use?  (Read 781 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Which ebay disclaimers should I use?
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
I've been out of the loop for several years, and I'm going to be getting back into ebay. I know a bunch of their policies and stuff have changed.

What sorts of disclaimers would you all suggest I include with each listing?

Buyer pays customs and duty fees, if applicable.
All items are sold as collectibles for adult use and should not be given to children.

Those are two that I know of. Any others?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Which ebay disclaimers should I use?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
*thinks*

The only thing I can think of is: If you require a certain method of payment or payment within a certain time period.  If you have pets or smoke that may contaminate the items.  If you require delivery confirmation as part of the shipping costs. If you combine shipping (flat rate or just a percentage).  Pm questions before you bid, etc.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
The two you named are the most important in my opinion. 

The customs one especially in the event that a buyer leaves neg. for having to pay customs fee's.  Ebay will remove their feedback.  As long as that is stated in your listing somewhere.

I know some use this item has not been tested for lead and phylates but I consider  "All items are sold as collectibles for adult use and should not be given to children" just as good.  And technically by law you have to state something along those lines for any vintage toy.

I would make it clear on when payment is expected and clear shipping details, including what your combined shipping rule maybe.  And I would make my return policy clear, as in do you accept returns??, who pays shipping back etc.  I would also state what your handling time is.  It saves time in the long run if your buyer has questions.

Here is the link to ebay's newest seller update so you have an idea on what to expect with some of their newest changes.
http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/07/fall-2012-seller-update/
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »
I think all the important ones have been covered , but if I think of anything else I'll let you know  :)  Wishing you all the best with your ebay sales  :good:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:11:11 PM »
Recently I had to add that I combine shipping for items bought under my eBay name only.  I had 2 newer buyers in one week that thought my combined shipping rule should apply to ponies that they purchased from other sellers.  (I've been selling for 7+ years and only had those 2 eBayers confused about this.  However, it may be a new issue since eBay now has a shopping cart system.  Maybe some people think eBay is similar to Amazon or something.)

I let international buyers know that their items may take a few weeks to arrive.  Some aren't aware that it can take forever.  If someone in your home smokes, you may want to mention it - and also mention if you have a pet friendly home.  I used to get quite a few inquiries about allergens. 

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
Definitely mention if you smoke or have pets (as was mentioned).

Also be sure that if you don't do calculated shipping to say that places like HI or AK may cost more. Mention any countries you don't want to ship to as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal