collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I saw a closet Brony  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
Re: I think I saw a closet Brony
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
*realizes I'm late checking this out, but it's four pages long and I can't resist now*
I remember buying my first pony at a checkout 8 years ago, and being utterly scared of being judged or condemned. Nowadays, I do it so much it doesn't even bother me anymore (though when a girl like me goes into the crafts store to buy plastic dinosaurs.. I'll get over that eventually :P ).

It's an absolute shame that people have to be judgmental over what another loves or likes collecting. It's not hurting or affecting them in any way. I don't think guys who collect Star Wars or Halo action figures get scrutinized near as much, but that is probably more recognized as a common hobby. And even still, I can bet there are probably a lot of older ladies who collect things like Barbie, and something I've noticed to be pretty common, Mickey Mouse. Santa's and snowmen, too. People have absolutely no business getting on someone's case about what he/she likes, or might be in line at the checkout for. In fact, they're probably unhappy grouches anyway. I could go on and on, but I'm on my lunch break, and time is short -.-"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:52:47 AM by Bebopgroove »

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »
I must admit, I'm not ashamed at all to be buying ponies.  My problem is guilt over spending money on toys that I feel I maybe should be saving for... something else?  Especially since we are doing renos in the house soon to make way for baby, so I haven't bought new ponies in a while (and was SO tempted to).  Instead, I'm spending money on craft supplies because I'm really into that right now.  And it's actually cheaper.  I still get ponies, but they are the ones my cousin gives me that came to her through the recycling center.  Just got two of Twilight Sparkle, a Twinkleshine, a mc D pony and a G3 Cheerilee.  YAY!  I love free ponies.

That said, I got super excited while in the states recently looking at all the new stuff they had that hasn't yet hit Canadian shelves!  I think I met a fellow brony too, as he commented on how they had ponies when they were little and stuff.  And some other grown men talking about the ponies and how they rememberd their sisters having them, and it was nice to see stuff from their days coming back now.  :)

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
I do the same thing, I wait until the pony isle is empty, them i swoop in:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
My problem is guilt over spending money on toys that I feel I maybe should be saving for... something else? 

Oh yeah, that's totally me too. I should be saving up to move out of the family home eventually but I justify it with the facts that: ponies make me happy, I'm not draining my bank account and do have a steady income, I denied myself a lot of material objects in childhood... Though my excitement to collect has been a bit overwhelming I'm trying to focus the collection down to something more manageable, just buying G4 that turn up in store or ponies I can get for a good price online. Then I strut down that pony aisle!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »
the way i see it is, money is just money, its sole purpose is to buy stuff!!!!!!!! I would rather have cool things i love than have boring money laying around that the inflation is going to eat anyway
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal