collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where has Lady Brooklyn been for the last several months.... O.o  (Read 1891 times)

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
(Mods... please move this if this is the wrong forum to create this thread in... :( )

Boy... I've been absent for a loooooong time. :( I'm finally sitting down to write this... tho it is rather difficult... (for more reason than one...)

I feel an EXTREME need to apologise to anyone on the Arena that I've made promises/commitments to in the last few months

Let's just say... 2012 has NOT been a good year so far...

Early last year, my Father In Law was diagnosed with throat/liver cancer. At the time, hubby and I were living in Texas... a good 1000 miles away from all of his family out in AZ. This caused a lot of turmoil in my husband's family (particularly between him and his siblings). But, it did help accelerate my husband's efforts to locate a new job out here in Arizona... and eventually got us moved back home back in September...

Readjusting after the move... and getting my studio "humming" again... took much longer than I wanted it to. (Hampered mostly by family dealings and what-not)... But, everyone here on the Arena did help me vamp up my creative juices... and got me going again.

But more recently (specifically around Memorial Day Weekend), my FIL came down with pnuemonia, or a bronchial infection... and had to be rushed to the hospital.

While in the hospital recovering from the pneumonia/infection... the doctors discovered that his cancer had begun to aggressively spread...

That, was the beginning of a VERY quick deterioration... and his eventual passing, in mid June.

So to say my life has been "chaos" for the last several months... would be an understatement...

The funeral etc happened in late June... and I was really hoping that after that happened... life would return to some sort of "normal"...

Boy was I wrong...

On the way down to Nogales, AZ (from Phoenix), I ran over a HUGE piece of semi tire... tearing up the front of my little car (barely missing the engine, and/or taking out the passenger side tire/wheel). I still dunno what happened... between the twilight hour, bad lighting, and black tire on brand new blacktop... I just didn't see it, until we were already over it...

The funeral was relatively uneventful... But upon our return home a couple of days later... we discovered that our A/C unit on our rental... had decided to completely DIE while we were home...

With three cats in the house... (and it turned out that the inside of our house was upwards of 115*...  :shocked: )... if we had been gone ANY longer... we would have had three crispy kitties on our hands... :(

So... at long last... I feel like things are getting "better"... tho it's scary to think that we've now been out in AZ ALMOST a year... tho it barely feels like 6 months. I don't know WHERE May, June and July went... but here I am on the eve of August... :blink: GAAAAAHHHH!!!!

I know I have been INCREDIBLY bad with communication of late...

I owe several Arena members and other incredibly patient customers emails and updates on their ponies/trades/swaps... and I'm trying desperately to find the time, to make myself sit down and type them out. I promise.... I am still out here... I am still working furiously... it's just a manner of getting them wrapped up... etc...

But of course... as if to add insult to injury... my laptop decided  to become a "glorified keyboard & Hard Drive", as it's monitor decided to fizzle out.

So I'm sitting here... with my old desktop monitor hooked up to it (with rubberbands to keep the monitor plug in place), placed catty-corner to where I'm actually sitting... so I have to look over to my left, while I type on my laptop as it sits on my lap... VERY annoying.

BUT... at least it's not completely out of commission... right???

Looks like I'm in the market to repair, or replace my laptop... as well as my POS digital camera here soon... UGH!!!

So... I'm out here! Just spread waaaaaaay too thin for words...

Thank you to everyone... for your incredible patience with me!!!

I'm off to the PO to ship off the packages below...

~Box o' Tshirts etc to Moona....
~Children's Day Swap to my partner...
~4 Seasons Swap to my partner...

Here's hoping I can find more time for Arena Life! I miss pony updates something fierce!!!

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
Re: Where has Lady Brooklyn been for the last several months.... O.o
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry. 2012 hasn't been very good for me at all either. I hope things get better.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
 :hug:
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
Everything always has to happen at once :(

I hope everything gets better for ya'll.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »
I know I'm not the only one who's been concerned! : ( I'm glad you're relatively okay, enough to be posting again, and I really hope things look up for you in any way they can. Thanks for letting us know you're all right!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »
Hi!

Sounds like a terrible ordeal!! Hopefully you are on the other side of the madness now...

Thanks so much for the update, though! I've been thinking about you recently and worrying what had happened to you.  :hug: :tackleglomp:
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »
I know.... *hugs to all!* I feel unbelievably awful for all of the turmoil I'm sure I caused... :( I really didn't mean to!!!

Of course... I also didn't mean to be hit quite so hard by my FIL's passing. Hubby and I were sorta resigned to it (more so than his siblings), but all of the events that transpired AS he was passing and AFTER (let's just say the "wife" was "home" in Nogales before he actually passed. It's a very long story... full of all sorts of unbelievable events... fit for a sopa opera!!!), were just too unbelievable to be true...

But yeah... I see I've incurred a negative feedback as a result of all of this. :( I'm so very sorry!!! GAH! I really do feel awful!!!

I just want my partners to know that their care packages ARE on the way! I'm out the door now!! *dashes out*

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »
Massive hugs!!!!!!!!!!!  Glad you and kitties are OK. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Hiya hon. I'm going to move this thread to Trader Support for you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
There you are!!!  I've been worried about you:(  I am so sorry to hear that things have been not so good for you hun.  If you need to chat, I'm here.  Glad you're back and so sorry to hear about all the sorrow in your life.  All I can say is I'm sorry.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
I am sorry to hear you have had so much happen to you.  Thats really rough to say the least.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »
I hope that you get back on your feet. I'm another one that tends to have things go crazy all at once and forget all about my ponies for months at a time! much love your way!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »
Sorry to hear you've been through so much. 2012 hasn't been too good for me either and we're only half way through it, UGH!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear you've had such an awful year so far and  I really hope thing start to settle down for you  and improve now .  Thanks for taking the time to work through this and to come here and update everyone. We were worried about you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about your RL troubles Hun.  My thoughts go out to you and your family.  I'll ask SDS to adjust your feedback.

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal