collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: YIKES! MIP TAF Pony Project pony all stained! Ebay seller: igittyup 8/13 update  (Read 5362 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Hum, I do wonder if the hair hasn't bleed at this point maybe you are safe? As long as you keep your ponies in a fairly stable environment as far as moisture and temperature.

But at the same time, if it wasn't in a bag you can display her better.

I hope the seller gets back to the op. I agree to give her to Tuesday though as some people don't do Ebay on weekends. If she doesn't respond by then I would be pretty annoyed.

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
UGH :( I never heard from the seller, but the replacement arrived today V_V
she's all good on her display side, but she still has a bright pink stain on her NDS and her paint on "THE PONY PROJECT" is smudged on her NDS too :/

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*  I plan to display her in a shadowbox, so its not that big of a deal... but it's still stressful that they said they checked it :(  obviously didn't push the hair out of the way.

But I don't know ponies... what does the community think? Let this go completely and just give them positive?
I have a huge pet peeve about undisclosed damage, so this is under my skin major, but I am also fully aware that I am more anal than the average shopper.... so what would you do?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
If there's smudged paint and not just stains, I'd bring it up. Stains are easier to miss than smudged paint, especially when the paint is so different from the body color. If nothing else the seller should have kept their word and checked the replacement completely, including pushing hair out of the way. It was great that they tried to make it right, but they never bothered to reply to you and sent another damaged pony. Not cool.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
I also purchased from this seller on July 19. My first pony arrived damaged on July 23. I wrote immediately to inform him/her and told him what I suspected had happened, that the vivid pink hair had leeched color into the plastic/vinyl, and requested an exchange since he/she still had a listing for the pony. He/she was very cooperative and agreed. I returned at my expense (because I offered to do so) on July 25 and received a mint replacement on August 4. It looked like the seller had pushed the hair around in the bag to check for damage. So I have nothing bad to say, but I'm sorry to those who have received damaged replacements. I hope that you are able to resolve things.

Knibitz

(forgive my icky fingers - yes I bite my nails xD)

staining under "pony"
smudges above "The" and a smaller smudge under the hanger

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh this seller has to hate me!!! ._____. not to say that Im overly thrilled with them either at this point.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:32:28 PM by Knibitz »

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Oh no!
That's terrible! :(

• View Profile
Thanks for the picture. That looks pretty obvious to me. They have GOT to change their auctions and say that these ponies are new in the bag but have flaws.

Yes, mention it. I know it's stressful but you should show them this picture. I would be upset. I feel very bad for you.

And no refund on the return shipping? Not cool.

Edit to say: Now that I see the photo I'm starting to think the pink highlighter stain has nothing to do with the hair. Rather, it's that thing that happens to some white ponies where they get those discoloration spots.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:42:51 AM by RockinPrettyBeats »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Ugg..what a stressful situation.  :(

I give the seller credit for trying to resolve the issue.  But since she already knew there were issues, the pony should have been gone over more throughly.

I am sure she is just as stressed over the situation but in all honestly it is her responsibility to make things right. 

I have to ask you though what do you feel is going to be a satisfying outcome?  Do you want to return the pony again for an exchange? Do you want to keep it and ask for perhaps a partial refund?  Or return it altogether for a full refund, plus your shipping costs?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Knibitz

Ugg..what a stressful situation.  :(

I give the seller credit for trying to resolve the issue.  But since she already knew there were issues, the pony should have been gone over more throughly.

I am sure she is just as stressed over the situation but in all honestly it is her responsibility to make things right. 

I have to ask you though what do you feel is going to be a satisfying outcome?  Do you want to return the pony again for an exchange? Do you want to keep it and ask for perhaps a partial refund?  Or return it altogether for a full refund, plus your shipping costs?

I really really really want this pony, and she's hard to come by, so one way or another, I'd like to have one

so I see one of two outcomes

1) seller pays for me to ship this pony back and sends me a mint one in return
2) the seller refunds me partially for this damaged pony (at very least, roughly the cost of shipping the first pony back, ~3$ )

It seems REALLY odd that the seller is just not replying to me now, when replies before were near instantaneous :/  as it was said, they're probably just as frustrated as me... but hiding from me is only going to make me more grumpy :(  I'm already annoyed that they never bothered to let me know that the other pony arrived and that they shipped another out. Given the lack of communication there, my hope is thin that I will hear from them about this.

• View Profile
I think you are a very reasonable buyer if you are willing to have these different options for the seller to fix the situation. I am just annoyed by this treatment. If I saw an ad for this pony, or a thread mentioning these ponies (that wasn't negative), I may have considered getting one. But there is no way I will risk buying one now. This is way too much stress.

I truly hope she refunds the shipping you ALREADY paid and gives you a partial refund on this flawed pony. What is up with this seller? I'm sorry but there is no excuse at this point.

Hopefully she does what's right although not responding to you does not make her look good.

Knibitz

no peep from the seller day :(

if I don't hear anything by tonight, I'm opening a paypal dispute :/  There goes their chance of positive feedback *shakes head*

Update

update bump.

"Hello,

I did not reply to you prior because was / am on vacation.

At this point it seems that I am not going to have a pony that is in the condition that you will be satisfied with, so I will refund you a complete refund of $30 once the pony is shipped back to me.

I have sold over 30 of these ponies so far and have had 1 other request for an exchange.

For what I am selling them for and what I have seen these ponies sell for at other times, and currently selling for, I just feel that you will be better suited to buy from one of the other sellers.

Once I have received the pony back, I will issue you a complete refund of $30 via Paypal.

Thank You and sorry we could not make a deal."

It REALLY bugs me that the seller is using his price to justify the poor description :enraged: no excuse for that - NONE.

I wrote them back and gave him, basically, the options posted here, but rather instead of sending me a mint pony to refund the entire price + both my shipping costs for returning both ponies.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:03:31 AM by Knibitz »

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
 :(
It's really sad that he feels his low selling price justifies the damage to your pony. The one pictured in the listings has no damage, so why should the ones you have received be exceptions?
Incidentally, he has a new listing for them at $40... So he's in it for the money at this point and not a "quick turnaround." How many of these things were in that storage unit?!

• View Profile
Leave appropriate feedback. Say that those ponies are damaged. I'm thinking she is not getting complaints because too many buyers are just letting it go cause it's not worth it. It's giving her a false sense of righteousness.

So sorry it has come to this. This is not fair for you.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I bought one of these as number 18 in batch 2. I got her the other day and she looks perfect. So sorry that you're having all these issues!

Knibitz

Seems like my seller is getting poorer and poorer communication...

I'm about to give up and file a paypal claim for a refund and leave neutral feedback.

EDIT:

opened up a claim through ebay.
Requesting a 10$ refund to cover shipping charges of the first pony, and damages of the second.

I'm not willing to ship the pony back given that I can't request a refund for more than the original purchase price, and i'm not in the mood to lose 10$ between shipping the first and second pony back.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:39:22 PM by Knibitz »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal