collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: YIKES! MIP TAF Pony Project pony all stained! Ebay seller: igittyup 8/13 update  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
You should probably inform them that the staining is from the hair. Poor thing has got to be bewildered!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
I didn't buy one, but yikes!  :yikes:

It's nice to know that the seller is very understanding though  :)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
I'm glad they are receptive - sounds like a great solution! Fingers crossed that you get a mintier pony the second time around. And it sounds like they are making an effort to pull any stained ponies out of their stash, so that's good!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I paid $75 for mine about 2 years ago. Sure enough she has some staining too. (That wasn't there 2 years ago.) She is MIP but even if she is loose and the mane touches her plastic you could end up with staining, so it seems.

$30 for a pony that is probably going to stain over time isn't that bad. Atleast it wasn't $75!  :lookround:

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
I'm so relieved you're getting a replacement. :) The seller definitely seems very understanding.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Will let you know the condition of mine when she arrives! I purchased mine in the first wave (19 July) and am down as the second purchaser.

At least the seller has responded positively to your request and as a non-pony collector, sellers sometimes can have no clue of a pony's condition before it leaves their hands... apart from being MIB, that is! But you (and others) have politely enlightened her, so best of luck on receiving a pony in better condition!  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Glad to hear the seller is trying to work things out!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I've ordered one too for a friend but i know the seller's communication has been awesome so hopefully so will the pony too! Glad to hear you'll have hopefully a resolution soon xo

Knibitz

At least the seller has responded positively to your request and as a non-pony collector, sellers sometimes can have no clue of a pony's condition before it leaves their hands... apart from being MIB, that is! But you (and others) have politely enlightened her, so best of luck on receiving a pony in better condition!  :)

Yeah. That's actually why I made this topic before deciding to send the pony back. The pony WAS MIP, it's not /really/ the sellers fault.
I basically said in my message to the seller that the pony arrived with several pink stains all over and I just felt she wasn't display worthy and was wondering if they had others in better condition.
I didn't think to mention that it's the hair >.< eep!
I'll follow up on that <3

But I did ship my pony back today. They haven't responded yet (after I sent them tracking), but I'm not going to pester them till it's confirmed that the pony arrived back with them. :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Are you getting your return shipping back?

Knibitz

I don't know :( still no word since sending the pony back...

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I don't know :( still no word since sending the pony back...

Yikes, it would be unfair if you have to even though it was just a mistake and I know the seller meant no harm done. Hopefully they will :-)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Just got mine today, no pink stains phew *wipes forehead*

I'm thinking about de-bagging her though so here hair can be positioned in a way that it's not rubbing against her body so much. It's not such a huge deal to me since it's just a grubby bag and not a nice box, but I don't want to de-value her greatly either. Thoughts? 

Knibitz

the pony arrived back at the seller yesterday but they've yet to confirm anything. 
Unusual for the seller :(

I have bigger things to worry about right now, so this isn't taking top priority. I'll try to keep everyone updated the best I can.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Just got mine today, no pink stains phew *wipes forehead*

I'm thinking about de-bagging her though so here hair can be positioned in a way that it's not rubbing against her body so much. It's not such a huge deal to me since it's just a grubby bag and not a nice box, but I don't want to de-value her greatly either. Thoughts?

If you're not going to sell anytime soon, I'd de-bag. I had the same dilemma when I got my 2007 Fair Exclusive Pinkie Pie. She's gorgeous on all sides, but she was in a dirty little bag with a piece of cardboard stuffed between her feet. I was torn on whether or not to de-bag, but decided to go for it. I got her for what I felt was a good price and over time she should gain value as long as she remains in mint/near-mint condition, with or without the bag (I also kept the brush for the completionists!).

Knibitz, it is the weekend, so I'd give the seller the benefit of the doubt for now. If you don't hear anything by Tuesday morning, pop them a message and see what's up. Hope it gets settled!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal