collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anypony heard from simplysteffie? Trying to contact! Please HELP!  (Read 962 times)

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi Ponies!

I originally met simplysteffie over on ebay - I purchased a few of her G1 baits back in February this year and had a great transaction, after a few emails regarding custom ponies, she offered to purchase craft supplies on my behalf (as I live in a town which pretty much has nil in the way of arty-crafty-ness) which is awesomely helpful of her and I saved that offer for future reference.

Anyway, 20 March I won some other G1 pony baits and she offered me some dyed pony baits to buy and purchased some glitter on my behalf - again all arrived fabulously and she had great communication through the whole experience.

Then through the period of 9 May to 15 May I won these ponies from her:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130689868035&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:AU:1123

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130691153160&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:AU:1123

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130692876221&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:AU:1123

After the first auction (9 May), we both bounced emails off regarding customs and supplies and I ended up taking Steff up on her previous offer to purchase craft supplies and emailed her a rather long list and sent her $60 through paypal (as a gift) to help cover expenses... at this stage I had no reason to worry, since her 100% feedback both on ebay and here, proved she was an honest, reliable person - not to mention I had already done two successful transactions with her, that made me confident to trust her enough to do a private purchase.

18 May I received an email saying all the crafty-goodies had been purchased and I replied by asking how much extra I owed her. Steff replied with a photo of the hanks of hair she had offered to dye for me (gorgeous job by the way) for a flutter custom I was working on.

25 May Steff emailed me a photo of all the craft supplies and suggested to do another hank of hair for me with a different dye job and because life happens I didn't hear back from her until I emailed her (regarding how much I owed) on 7 June. Steff replied promptly the next day saying she was waiting on one more item then everything would be ready to ship.

I didn't hear anymore regarding price, so 9 June I send $35 via paypal (as a gift) to cover (what I thought) the previous ebay ponies and hair and also to please let me know how much extra I owed her.

10 June, Steff emailed me detailed photos of the craft supplies and the new hair she dyed for me (even more gorgeous than the first hank too!) I was uber-laggy in replying and didn't get back to her until the 14 June and for a few days after that, we talked customs Steff was working on and giving me little pointers for hair styling and what-not, until 15 June, Steff said she would post out the packages (one for ponies, the other for craft) on the Monday and let me know how much postage would be - my last email from Steff was 17 June.

4 July I emailed Steff asking if everything was okay on her end and that I hoped to hear from her soon, no reply was given.

6 July I won three lots of four G3 baits (12 ponies in total) from Steff on ebay and my previous bait ponies (Sunbeam/Glory/G3 pegasus) I won back in May was marked as sent on ebay.

9 July I did a 'request total from seller' through ebay (as postage was coming up as $36) and did not (nor to date have I) receive an invoice.

12 July with still no word, I emailed her again with no reply.

13 July I PM'ed Steff here on the Arena and she replied by emailing me saying everything was posted, but at a later date than expected but would write more 'in a few days'. I replied thanking her and telling her to take care.

Since I hadn't heard anymore from her since the 13th (nor received any parcels), I emailed Steff again on 26 July (yesterday for me) asking if everything was okay - I didn't wait long for a reply and PM'ed her through the Arena again this morning (27 July) and now, to date I still haven't heard from her since the 13th July!

Soooo, I'm left grasping at straws here and not real sure what else to do - I'm not a telepath that can read minds to find out what's going on and I know life happens and all those good intentions to sit down and email someone can go out the window for days or weeks at a time (I can be notorious for this!  :blush:)  but this just seems really out of character for Steff, who (up until now) has been really reliable.

But this has been going on since May and I'm feeling like I'm never going to see those ponies or supplies, let alone hear from Steff again and the disappearance act (and frankly that's what it feels like) has just really upset me and left me feeling at a total loss.

Now I know there can be a customs delay with some items entering the country (I am in Australia), but I've been finding that the postal system has been really quick of late, I received articles today that have been posted on the 14th and 16th - but at this stage I'm more worried about hearing from Steff and knowing she's okay than finding out what date the parcels were sent. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated and I thank you very much for reading this far... if you've made it this far!  :P

Thanks Ponies!  :heart:
~Shay
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:12:46 AM by Xaniss »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anypony heard from simplysteffie? Trying to contact! Please HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:27:11 AM »
It's seems she was on this morning and she has also posted as early as July 22nd.

I am not sure why she would not get back to you, especially if communications had been good for months.  It also seems strange she would not invoice you for your latest purchases.  :huh:

I do hope that everything is ok though, as we all know that RL can get in the way at times. Hopefully she will respond soon to you or see this thread. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Xaniss

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:33:13 AM »
Thanks so much for your input Ponylady, I appreciate it. I opened this thread as a last resort (I don't like to air issues publicly, unless I feel there is no other choice I can take) and I really do hope it all gets resolved with a bit of communication!  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:18:08 AM »
*Crosses hooves that all works out*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »
Xaniss, this seems very strange!  I think you did the right thing by posting here, and I know how difficult it is to call someone out in the open like this.  I am very sorry this is happening to you and I sincerely hope that everything will get worked out.  From the sound of it, you're more concerned and worried than angry and if Steff is reading this than she should know that we are all behind her if she is having some issues right now:)   

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
:hug:  I know its not easy to post here about steff, especially when she has been reliable in the past.
Its possible she has had some RL issues ,-we all have those sometimes, but good communication is soo important, especially if things arent going to plan with a transaction. If she has had some problems, or she hasnt sent your parcels, then she needs to let you know. I agree that it sounds strange that she hasnt sent your invoice, and I dont know why she hasnt replied to you since she has been online.. unless she missed your messages, but even then she should have got your emails and messages through ebay, so I'm not sure whats going on  :huh: . I hope she is ok, and I hope that she contacts you again soon

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Xaniss

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 04:04:25 AM »
Thank you all very much for offering your support and pearls of wisdom - it really has made me feel better and helped me accept the fact that I have done the right thing posting here  :grouphug:

I do have an update as I've just received an email from Steff - seems the packages were returned to her as an undeliverable address  :cry:   and Steff advised that she will re-post them - plus I've confirmed my address in my reply!

So hooves crossed that by mid-August (or so), the packages will arrive! Will keep you all informed and many thanks again for your support!  :lovey:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
Oh hooray!  At least we know that everything is ok:).  So glad to hear that there will be a happy ending and that Steff is alright!  I had a package returned to me because I forgot to put the country once, actually it was a package I sent to Icey!!  It totally happens to even the best of us:)
Whew Xaniss, I'm sure you feel so much better after getting this off your chest!  Even though it was difficult, posting here was the right thing to do.  I am so happy everything seems to getting resolved, and hope that you and Steff continue your awesome relationship:)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
Thats great news! I'm so glad she contacted you and that your packages arent missing :bigups:  :cheer:  :happy:  Hopefully they'll arrive safely this time :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
Awesome that she found out what happened to the package for you. Was she able to resolve or clarify the pricing for your shipping and all? I wish you luck on the process of this transaction!

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:39 AM »
That's great news that you were able to get ahold of her!  Hopefully all is well now!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Xaniss

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 04:53:02 AM »
Wow, thanks so much for your input ponies (I honestly didn't think I'd get this much of response to this thread actually!  :blush:)  but at least Steff is alive and well and the parcels are safe and going to be re-posted next week.

@SoldierofTwilight: No, the postage amounts weren't clarified - neither was the ebay G3 pony auctions... but I figured Steff knows I'm good for it...?

I did ask to be informed of what I owe her though, so wait and see what the price is! Thanks again everyone for reading!  ^.^

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 07:30:09 AM »
So Xaniss, you have no craft stores near you?!  Wow, that stinks:( 
What kind of supplies do you need?  I can scout around my local stores (there are TONS near me) and send you a little care package if you're in a bind!

Xaniss

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 04:02:07 AM »
@Michelle - No, craft stores are basically non-existant where I live, the closest place that would have anything 'good' would be a 3-hour road trip away  :(  We have a Spotlight here, but it basically caters for sewers (even if I did scrounge for stuff) but their staff were crusty, old, RUDE biddies and I totally refuse to go back there... I'd SO rather buy it elsewhere!

But a HUGE thankyou to you for your uber generous offer!  :hug:  Steff was getting these supplies, so I could board the custom band-wagon proper, but since entering the hair-swap (as you well know  ;))  dollyhair has been a priority (rather than paint/bows/microbeads/crystals etc...) and I've been keeping myself busy with this swap and any sort of customising (including the flutter Steff had purposely dyed hair for) has been given a backseat for the next few months while this is on - how people can be in more than one swap at a time, I'll never know! Scrounging for baits/hair has totally consumed me, not to mention the prep work and re-hairing ... whew! I'm tried just typing about it too  :lol:

So thank you and while I'd totally love a care package and appreciate your generosity, I'd only be asking for it, as I'm not doing any sort of customising for the moment.... not to mention that I've poured all my pony-funds into dollyhair and baits!  >_<  It's great the hair swap came up actually, as it works with what I already have (and doing) but doesn't place any greater expectations on my supplies... if that makes any sense  :lookround:  Instead, may I ask for a raincheck for future reference please?  :bateyes:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal