collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lotus Spa Pony minifigure  (Read 15382 times)

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus Spa Pony minifigure
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
I would love to see the spa ponies as fashion styles! <3 <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
Hmmm....I am wondering if they are starting to split the line a little...these blind bag size ponies [with "show accurate" characters and styles - except for FS of course] for the adult collectors and the regular brushables with constant re releases of the main 6 for their actual original market of little girls? I dont mean this is an out and out one direction for one line and one direction for the other, just maybe a subtle angling.

Oh I think they are definitely aiming more for collectors and Bronies with these mini moulded ponies. The blindbags are already quite popular with Bronies but they want show accurate toys. Collectors just want variety and high quality, while little girls want all the main characters to brush, dress, and play.

Eh, i disagree with that. Why would kids not want little figurines of the characters from the show? G3 had an entire line of full plastic mini ponies and playsets. Those seemed pretty darn popular. So why would they not do the same with G4? During core 7 ponyville stuff was a lot more interesting than the brushable stuff too. The fact that bronies/collectors like them is just an added bonus.

I am not saying its a blatant split in the line with the ponyville being marketed and created just for adult collectors. All I am saying is I think perhaps they are using the ponyville line for the demand for show accurate [and moulded hair] items. Lets face it the ponyville size line now has more show relevant characters than the brushables [this most recent playful pony wave with Trixie, Lyra etc and the Collectors Set are the first attempt to match show to toys outside the main 6, at least within the brushable wave]. And with many of the new collectors being more interested in show relevant rather than random brushables toys such as Dewdrop Dazzle or Honeybuzz, perhaps the ponyville line plugs a couple of gaps for HB? i.e show relevant toys suitable for little girls and boys who want accuracy as well as adult collectors who only want toys which are from the show. Not to mention the sheer volume of blind bag characters also fulfils the demand for simply "more characters" which we are lacking in brushables. Meanwhile the brushable line can continue to be as focused on the main 6 in various incarnations, with the odd additional pony thrown in.

This whole theory will of course be disproved if the next wave of brushables turns out to have more show relevant characters again :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »
Are the mini figures the same size as the blind bags? Can anyone post a comparasion picture?

I LOVE that the Spa pony is now a figure! So pretty!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
Are the mini figures the same size as the blind bags? Can anyone post a comparasion picture?

I LOVE that the Spa pony is now a figure! So pretty!
yes they are the same size i dont have a pic right now but i got the cadence and shining amour and they are the same hight as the other bb

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »

Ooh, that sounds fun. ^.^ I would be soo tempted to get one, even if I don't normally collect FS ponies.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »
CUUUUTEE! I bet she comes packed with Rarity, as others have stated. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
I hope she comes with her twin. Maybe Zecora comes with Fluttershy and Shadow Bolts pony for an Everfree Forest set.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
Definitely super cute!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »
 Here's a picture of mine, but they aren't out of the box yet. ^^; They're the same height, just different moulds.

Sweetie-Swirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2012, 05:14:03 AM »
She looks so nice! I think they will package her with Rarity and Fluttershy, or maybe Rarity and they will make her sister (using the same mould); or maybe Hasbro will surprise us!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2012, 10:50:16 AM »

More of less, yes, but the fact that Shining Armor is a bit smaller than all the other boys makes me chuckle! In my display I surrounded him with all the other boys and I imagine his worried expression is now saying "Why am I lacking?" XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »
I like her colours.  I would so make a Bowtie out of one lol.  Her front leg looks a bit wonky to me, but I know in the show those ponies can manipulate their limbs in all sorts of unnatural ways (like the Tales ponies did :P )    On another note, I love that they're using a different eye shape for an earthy!  They all seem to have circular eyes, so it's really cool to see a different (uni) shape for an earth pony! 

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
They all seem to have circular eyes, so it's really cool to see a different (uni) shape for an earth pony! 

Variety based on personalities based on popularity. If only they start realizing this WHILE actively creating more products with said variety.

Me too!! I would love a fleur and fancy pants in any shape or form but I really do love the size of the FS so a giant spa pony would be sooo neat!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal