collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lotus Spa Pony minifigure  (Read 15251 times)

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus Spa Pony minifigure
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 08:30:07 AM »
I really really really want a sugarcube corner playset that comes with Pinkie Pie, a Gummy minifigure, cupcakes, :muffin: Pony and muffins... </dreaming>

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »
Yeah! I'm so happy Hasbro are finally making characters from the show!

These would be beautiful as brushables too!

I second this!
I wonder why they seem to hesitate on releasing more in-show background ponies as brushables. They have a much better marketability. What kids see in the show is more likely to sell, since it is more recognizable and seems more "legit" than just a random recolor.

I also wonder if they would have ever released background characters without voices, like Lyra Heartstrings, if it wouldn't have been for the vocal FiM fans...

PS: I so would love to have a Bon Bon brushie! C'mon, they just have to make a Bon Bon to accompany Lyra :biggrin:

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
I wonder, if they did a set with Fluttershy, would she get her own mould? I think it would be pretty sad if all these side characters get their own moulds, but then Fluttershy doesn't... but I really do enjoy that Hasbro's making these, it's nice to see more characters from the show, even just in blindbag style.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:37 AM »
this is awesome!! I love that they are doing show accurate mini figures and hope they keep it up. I doubt these will see a brushable release though, as at the fair hasbro said that the ponies catered toward collectors will be mini sized.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
Who wants to bet her name on the package will be "Spa pony" or "Spa sister"?
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »
Yeah! I'm so happy Hasbro are finally making characters from the show!

These would be beautiful as brushables too!

I second this!
I wonder why they seem to hesitate on releasing more in-show background ponies as brushables. They have a much better marketability. What kids see in the show is more likely to sell, since it is more recognizable and seems more "legit" than just a random recolor.

I also wonder if they would have ever released background characters without voices, like Lyra Heartstrings, if it wouldn't have been for the vocal FiM fans...

PS: I so would love to have a Bon Bon brushie! C'mon, they just have to make a Bon Bon to accompany Lyra :biggrin:

Personally, i like the character designed by Hasbro a lot more than the background ponies. Problem with most background ponies is that their design is really "flat". Most have only one mane color and a lot of them are stuck with simple and/or recycled cutie marks. I think some kids prefer eye catching ponies over some random, never talking background pony with an hourglass cutiemark. Also, you're saying the hasbro ponies are "random recolors" while a lot of background ponies really are just recycled/recolored.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
Put it this way, ALL ponies are recolors, technically, I never watching too much of the old cartoons, but didn't they all have the same generic mane/tail designs anyway with just different cutie marks, colors, and voices? Same with the toys honestly, unless they make a unique mold for every single pony, they'll always be recolors, regardless of 1 mane color or 6.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
Put it this way, ALL ponies are recolors, technically, I never watching too much of the old cartoons, but didn't they all have the same generic mane/tail designs anyway with just different cutie marks, colors, and voices? Same with the toys honestly, unless they make a unique mold for every single pony, they'll always be recolors, regardless of 1 mane color or 6.

Back than it didn't really feel like a "recolor" to me (and it still doesn't). It was just how ponies looked. These days, with characters having more unique hair styles and eyes, it's a lot more obvious when they decided to be lazy with the art work.
During G1 and G2 there was also "hand drawn" art. These days it's a lot more "copy paste" vector stuff.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:41:48 AM by Malicieuse »

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »
I spotted this mini on TaoBao (hope Hasbro makes a spa set :biggrin:)

G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
Eeeee I would love that!  Loved lotus and aloe, would definitely buy if there was a set.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »

Back than it didn't really feel like a "recolor" to me (and it still doesn't). It was just how ponies looked. These days, with characters having more unique hair styles and eyes, it's a lot more obvious when they decided to be lazy with the art work.
During G1 and G2 there was also "hand drawn" art. These days it's a lot more "copy paste" vector stuff.
Thing is with a lot of the G4 ponies in FiM.. not only are they reusing colors for ponies in the background, they reuse symbols. BUT there is a reason for this. Like with a lot of shows/movies that have a large group of background characters, it's easier to duplicate the characters. They did this for movies like Mulan with the Huns on the mountain, and the animators for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron for the horses in various places. So it's understandable why a lot of background ponies are recycled.. other than the spacial ponies like the Nurse and Spa ponies and such...

BUT back on topic, I like that for the sets they are trying to do new poses for blind bag sizes... however, broken leg poses are still a no-go for me XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »

Yeah, you're right.
Let me reword it a bit then: they should at least release the recurring minor/background characters that are'nt just color swaps of each other.
For example: Flitter, Cloudchaser, Thunderlane, Big Mac, the spa sisters, Photo Finish, the Cakes, etc. (+ Bon Bon for me, haha)

I kinda liked what they did with Blossomforth; she got a role in an episode.
At least they should give the toy ponies some background time to incorporate them more.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »
Awesome! That would be so sweet. At a guess they'll make a minifigure pack for each of the Mane Six, and we've got AJ, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle already. This one is probably Rarity.

So, what do you think we'll get for Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie? Mr and Mrs Cake?

:lol: We'll get Iron Will and Angel  :P
Ick! No not Iron Will D: If he is in the set then I'll be sure not to get it. They my do Photo Finish though or some random character because I don't think there was many other pony sub-characters Fluttershy interacted with... Where as Pinkie at least has the Cakes and the twins (though I really hope they don't do the twins... I didn't like how newborn/baby ponies were drawn x.x)

Oh Photo Finish, yes they must do this!  :biggrin:

Agree!  Would rather have PhotoFinish and some other creature like the Dragon, yes we need another dragon! :silly:

Oh and remember that thread a while ago? http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,291812.msg130651.html#msg130651

I guess my wishes are coming true! :frolic:

Offline wlyteth

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »

Kinda like "Wonderbolts Pony" on the Rainbow Dash set? If we're lucky there will be a real name for them, though I hope there isn't a big upset if they aren't called Aloe or Lotus.
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »

Kinda like "Wonderbolts Pony" on the Rainbow Dash set? If we're lucky there will be a real name for them, though I hope there isn't a big upset if they aren't called Aloe or Lotus.
Well, the thing is, the lack of a name keeps everyone happy, some vague title allows us to think "Oh hey, it MIGHt still be Surprise!" without anyone getting mad that it isn't and says "SUnny SKies" instead or something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal