collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with user lil.cutie.pie with purchase  (Read 3980 times)

ochibawolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Problem with user lil.cutie.pie with purchase
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
I have had parcels stocked in the mail or at customs and it took over a month as well...so I wouldn't be in panic when a parcel takes longer.

Normally shipping is faster - but I' also waiting for a parcel from an arena member and it in its way over 3 weeks now..that can happen from time to time - don't forget the currently holiday time..

I understand when someone open a papyal claim after 45 days of waiting for own protection.
But as I said before - that she offered a refund musn't mean that she hasn't shipped.
I think she only want to sort things soon out.

And when I understand right you both are in contact about a refund since today?
So maybe she needs 1-2 days to transfer money to paypal to sent you the refund?

I guess when she offered a refund she will sent it.
Not all people have funds on paypal directly and need a few days to clear it.

Well, I really hope things will sorted out - keep us updated.

She's been saying she will refund me for a while now. If she doesn't have the funds right away, that's fine. But she never stated what she is going to do besides " I will refund you" - which I haven't seen yet. I understand the getting caught in customs, thing. But I honestly don't even know what day she *actually* shipped the pony(she stated she would the next day after I sent the payment), or really anything. She kept me in the dark throughout this whole transaction.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:43:43 PM by ochibawolf »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 02:13:49 PM »
I would like to point out that I am a long time seller also.  And if the transaction was going on a month and my buyer was concerned and opened a case, I most definitely would refund them. Paypal is going to anyways because with International transactions it is hard for a seller to win a case, especially for a private transaction. 

I am not disagreeing that you should not be upset.  I would be too.  And I would also like to see this resolved just as quickly as you do.  All I am saying is that I want communications to stay civil on this thread or I will lock it up.  If the two of you can't get it sorted amongst yourselves (as in she needs to send you a refund) then please feel free to PM Ringlets or I and we can further assist you.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »
"I'm honestly just very frustrated at this point. It's been over a month. It shouldn't take that long for anything." - OP

I just want to state that it most certainly can take that long. I have waited a month for things to arrive from overseas. Also, I have had a package take 42 days from USA to Canada!

So it's not uncommon but I'm not saying that everything here is kosher or taking sides. I just want to say that while buying overseas you have to be able to expect a month. I would never tell a customer that something would take a week to arrive overseas either so I don't understand that part either.

Edit to say, has she been saying she will refund you for like a few hours? Is that what you mean by a while or has it been longer?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:02:17 PM by RockinPrettyBeats »

ochibawolf

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »
"I'm honestly just very frustrated at this point. It's been over a month. It shouldn't take that long for anything." - OP

I just want to state that it most certainly can take that long. I have waited a month for things to arrive from overseas. Also, I have had a package take 42 days from USA to Canada!

So it's not uncommon but I'm not saying that everything here is kosher or taking sides. I just want to say that while buying overseas you have to be able to expect a month. I would never tell a customer that something would take a week to arrive overseas either so I don't understand that part either.

Edit to say, has she been saying she will refund you for like a few hours? Is that what you mean by a while or has it been longer?

I've only ever had one package arrive after a month. And that was because the seller shipped it by sea mail, which they weren't suppose to do. Other than that, I've been buying and selling for over 6+ years and I have never had anything take over a month. I'm not saying I don't believe you guys, but in my experience that has never happened. She has been saying she would refund me since I messaged her weeks ago, and never did. I'm still waiting.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
I hope everything works out for you both. 
I've traded with Sternenstaub and our packages took...what around 3months to reach each other? We both showed receipts to each other but things do get stuck in customs. Maybe little.cutie.pie is trying to track the package down before resulting in a refund?

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
I buy from the UK all the time, some months I have multiple packages coming from over there in a week.  UK to USA used to take a week, sometimes a bit more. Something happened about a year and a half ago. Now I consider 2 weeks to be super fast. 3 weeks is about average, and a month isn't uncommon. The longest so far has been 3 months, and I've had more than one in that range.

It's totally random too.  I bought two items from the same seller a week apart. Item A was won, paid for, and shipped a week before item B.  Item B arrived in a little over two weeks.  Item A arrived almost a month after item B!  Same seller, same type of item, same shipping method, but one item took two weeks, the other took six weeks.   And I checked the dates when I got the package.  Item A was sent when the seller said.  The item I bought *second* arrived before the item I bought a week before.   Shipping from anywhere in the UK is just crazy.  I've probably bought hundreds of items from the UK in the last 4 years alone, and I've seen long shipping delays of around a month or more on probably 30% of them since things changed. I heard it was new security policies, but who knows?

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
Buying for six years and having everything in under a month doesn't mean anything. There are more choices then just sea mail or air mail. Add in all the differences with country postal systems and you have an advanced tix-tac-toe board of shipping times.

Also, if you have been buying for 6 years shouldn't you know it's unlikely you'd get something from across the Atlantic in a week?

That would be like saying, "I've been driving my whole life and have never seen a car accident". It means nothing at all other than your random luck. My only advice was if you buy online internationally, expect a month. If you get it under that time great. Otherwise, you might be disappointed.

Furthermore, sellers from this site are trying to tell you what to expect. No matter how much you buy you will never ever have as much shipping experience as a seller who ships to multiple countries and makes a living off it.

Anyways, the fact is that this transaction is a little foggy and that's why people are confused. You say you've been waiting a long time yet she said in a previous post that it's only been 20 minutes since any complaint. It makes it all very confusing and I don't think anyone here knows if she actually sent it out or not.

I for one hope she did and this is just a misunderstanding. However, I know why you might be worried. I just think the facts are getting mixed up. Things like when the paypal case was opened, when she offered a refund and when you initially made an inquisition on where the item is aren't clear.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »
I am a little confused too.  At first it seemed like there was no communication on one end.  But then it turned out there had been communication they just couldn't agree.  So a case was opened.  At this point the refund was already offered, but not issued yet.  So the refund offer was accepted and pending.  Or was it no refund was offered so the case was opened then the offer was made?  I got confuzzled on this one.  Then we had a little name calling and some back and forth and it just made it more confusing for me.  I really hope it gets worked out or maybe a mod can sort it out.  In my heart I do feel like it's just a miscommunication problem.  I don't think anyone here is trying to me malicious.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that there is so much upset and confusion going on here  :(  It sounds to me like there has been a misunderstanding as well  :awake:  It would be helpful if Lilcutiepie  could post a pic of her PO receipt.
I do understand why you are concerned, but I dont think its unusual for an item from the UK (which is where I live too BTW) to take a month or more to arrive. It happens quite often, even though it can take a much shorter time that that.  International post is unpredicitble.  When exactly did LilcutiePie offer to refund you?   I hope we can get this cleared up for you both soon. If either of you need more help, please PM Ponylady or me and we'll see what we can do  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
I'd like to point out that I mailed a package out to a wonderful Arena member a few months ago, and it literally took 6 weeks to reach her.  In the meantime, I was so stressed that it was lost or caught up in customs that I literally lost sleep over it.  Lucky for me, the buyer was very understanding, and knew that international shipping takes a long time. 

I know lil.cutie.pie, she is my friend.  I do not believe that she is trying to hurt, deceive or scam you what so ever.  If she offered you a refund, it was probably out of concern and care.   I speak from personal experience when I say that everyone has things that come up in their life and sometime things just take longer than we initially planned.  Sometimes we all need to be a little patient and understanding when it comes to shipping.  The postal service is beyond our control.  I think most of this has been overblown, and I hope there is an agreeable way to end this conflict.  Seeing conflict like this makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »
Sorry, Ive been run off my feet the last 24 hours renovating my new home so Ive been quiet, I wasnt running out on the issue!

Im sorry if I seemed short in my reply last night, when I seen the thread I just got a shock., Im so upset over this whole issue. Because theres trading issues with me in the past, I feel like, I dont know, anyway this isnt exactly good for my rep is it!?

She sent me a pm about two weeks after her payment, and opened a dispute 24 hours later. I usually get to pms really quickly because I have email alerts to my phone but things come up and I didnt reply immediately. I contacted her on here because the paypal site is near impossible to navigate on my phone, I offered a refund at that stage but she said she would wait. That was the end of it until yesterday, I got a pm and was logging in to read it when I seen this. Less than 20 minutes between her pm and creating the thread. Seriously Im not that fast, but anyway its all water under the bridge now, I just want this solved!

Ive offered a refund because its on me to chase the ppst office, and the buyer cant be seen as at fault? Paypal will refund anyway because I didnt  get tracking. Paypal woildnt let me refund with my credit card so Im waiting on a transfer from the bank.

I have a reciept but I dont know if it'll do because it doesnt say destination? I thought they did..!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
That could be part of the problem! If you didn't ship it out till July 11th then it's only been barely 2 weeks.  So figuring in weekends and delays in post it's not unreasonable that it hasn't arrived yet.  So there is still hope it will arrive.  Once it gets there she can always reissue you payment for it or send it back return to sender if she has decided she doesn't want it after your disagreement. I think part of the problem was she thought you sent it right away so she thought it had been in transit for over a month.

Glad to see everything is moving along.  The refund should be issued soon and then it's just a matter of rejecting the package when it arrives.  That was really cheap shipping.  They don't put the customs information on your receipts there?

Moondancer115

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 12:36:53 PM »
That could be part of the problem! If you didn't ship it out till July 11th then it's only been barely 2 weeks.  So figuring in weekends and delays in post it's not unreasonable that it hasn't arrived yet.  So there is still hope it will arrive.  Once it gets there she can always reissue you payment for it or send it back return to sender if she has decided she doesn't want it after your disagreewment. I think part of the problem was she thought you sent it right away so she thought it had been in transit for over a month.

Glad to see everything is moving along.  The refund should be issued soon and then it's just a matter of rejecting the package when it arrives.  That was really cheap shipping.  They don't put the customs information on your receipts there?

In the Netherlands they also don't put custom information on the receipe. So anoying cause when there is a problem you don't havr actual proo e *sigh*

But I am.glad everything.gets together ^.^

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
the shipping is cheap from here, its when somethings in a box it goes sky high! $30 youre talking anyway! How long does a bank transfer take from paypal normally, Ive never done this before I just set up the bank account for the refund :P

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »
For me when I don't have enough money it issues like a echeck and it does take like 3-4 business days depending.  It's such a pain.  But it won't accept my credit card as an alternative payment source so I always have to ask people if echecks are ok when I don't have much cash in there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal