collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with user lil.cutie.pie with purchase  (Read 3984 times)

ochibawolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Problem with user lil.cutie.pie with purchase
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:34 AM »
Hey everyone.

I'm fairly new to this arena, but not new to collecting, buying, and selling online. I posted in the "wanted" section mid June looking for Dream beauties. I get a PM from lil.cutie.pie on June 19 2012, stated she had two. I need one of them so I quickly send her payment($36.00) through paypal on the same day (6/19/2012) She tells me it will take about a week to arrive to me from Dublin to the USA. I'm okay with that. She states she will ship the next day.

Two weeks pass so I send her a message. She gets VERY defensive with me saying she can't have another negative on her account and accuses me of wanting a refund. I just want the pony, and I want to know what day she shipped it, etc. She is extremely difficult to talk to, and I have not had a great experience. I still have not received my pony, so I have opened a PP claim.

She is not keeping me updated and I just don't know what to do at this point.
I see she already has a negative on her account, so I should have used that as a warning before doing business with her.

I've purchased ponies from 2 other users on here, with absolutely no problems what so ever. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:29:51 AM by ochibawolf »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with user lil.cutie.pie with purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »
I think you are doing the right thing protecting yourself. International mail is difficult sometimes and it can take quite a while, but they should still have some evidence they shipped (receipts or customs forms or something) if they are unwilling to provide evidence they sent the pony and if you know your seller has a history of disappearing I think you made the right call by opening the case. You can always reissue payment if the package arrives.

When I first started buying and selling here and I didn't have much feedback I did have problems with people assuming I must be a scammer. So perhaps your low trade count is the reason she got so defensive so quickly.  I guess people get sort of jaded when they've had bad experiences in the past.  It's one thing that made me very sad when I joined that level of distrust until I was established. Try not to let it get to you. As you go on and get more feedback the feeling of trust will build.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »
I didnt mention anything about feedback..?

I said that I couldnt control how long the postage system takes, and I offered you a refund..I got your first pm about her not showing up about 20 minutes ago and Im not permanently online. I offered you a refund so I dont understand what the problem is?

ochibawolf

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »
I think you are doing the right thing protecting yourself. International mail is difficult sometimes and it can take quite a while, but they should still have some evidence they shipped (receipts or customs forms or something) if they are unwilling to provide evidence they sent the pony and if you know your seller has a history of disappearing I think you made the right call by opening the case. You can always reissue payment if the package arrives.

When I first started buying and selling here and I didn't have much feedback I did have problems with people assuming I must be a scammer. So perhaps your low trade count is the reason she got so defensive so quickly.  I guess people get sort of jaded when they've had bad experiences in the past.  It's one thing that made me very sad when I joined that level of distrust until I was established. Try not to let it get to you. As you go on and get more feedback the feeling of trust will build.

Thank you for your helpful response. I love this arena so much, and it's been helpful in other parts with my collections(not just MLPs). This user I'm dealing with acts like she's 10. Seriously. She doesn't know how to communicate well, and doesn't even use proper punctuation. I feel like I'm already screwed out of this pony that I really wanted. She was sketchy from the very beginning saying that she would ship the next day. And then when I message her about the pony not arrived 2 weeks later, she gets very defensive, and telling me not to buy overseas, and that she just shipped it last week. How was I suppose to know something came up and she shipped it a week later than we agreed on? I just feel like her story doesn't add up. Only when I confronted her the first time, she tells me she shipped it a week ago, instead. I would I have loved some communication on her part saying that she is shipping later than expected (which I would have understood, things come up) But it's now been almost a month, and still nothing on my doorstep.

I'm definitely not a scammer, and I have feedback in various communities online.

Post Merge: July 24, 2012, 10:46:57 AM

I said that I couldnt control how long the postage system takes, and I offered you a refund..I got your first pm about her not showing up about 20 minutes ago and Im not permanently online. I offered you a refund so I dont understand what the problem is?

I just want to know why you are so quick to offer a refund? Did you not have the pony in the first place? I mean if I was in your position I'd want to find out what happened to the pony in transit. If you even shipped her out in the first place.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Sounds like this was a misunderstanding. Now it can get all worked out. :) don't be afraid to ask a mod if you still have trouble communicating.

Edit: if she already offered a refund it is a bit rude to open a case since she was willing to give you your money. And I know you are frustrated but do try to remain positive and respectful. ^^
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:55:12 AM by Sarahlacewing »

ochibawolf

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:48:17 AM »

Send me a refund then and I'll close the claim. I doubt you ever shipped her out in the first place. I'm just suspicious of you so quick to offer a refund. What a hassle.

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
See you wonder why Im defensive when youre accusing me of all this stuff? Packages go missing I had loads returned to me last year because I was charged wrongly for them..my post office is a joke..

And Im offering a refund because its on me to fix it. I thought this was the normal thing to do was send a refund and claim with the post office?

Im in the middle of sending on a refund now so hopefully its sorted

Moondancer115

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
I think it was al a misunderstanding. I hope all is sorted out for you 2.
I don't know about shipping time from dublin to US, but 1 week or even 2 sounds really quick/short to me. From the Netherlands it takes 2-4 weeks before it arrives in the US with the buyer ^.^

ochibawolf

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
See you wonder why Im defensive when youre accusing me of all this stuff? Packages go missing I had loads returned to me last year because I was charged wrongly for them..my post office is a joke..

And Im offering a refund because its on me to fix it. I thought this was the normal thing to do was send a refund and claim with the post office?

Im in the middle of sending on a refund now so hopefully its sorted

Okay thank you.
Let's just put this to an end. And just fyi, you accused me first from the very beginning. ><.

Post Merge: July 24, 2012, 11:00:34 AM

I think it was al a misunderstanding. I hope all is sorted out for you 2.
I don't know about shipping time from dublin to US, but 1 week or even 2 sounds really quick to me. From the Netherlands it takes 2-4 weeks before it arrives in the US with the buyer ^.^

Then I have no idea why the seller quoted me a week. Of course I'm willing to wait longer (a month is about pushing it for me). But as a seller, don't under quote yourself.

I buy from Japan, UK, Italy, and Australia, and it takes on average, 1-2 weeks.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »
Once you are all finished with this transaction I would like to remind you that we have a lovely ignore feature that allows us not to view future posts of folks we have had issues with.  It sounds like tensions are running really high.  Maybe once everything is said and done this would be a good option. :)

ochibawolf

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »
Once you are all finished with this transaction I would like to remind you that we have a lovely ignore feature that allows us not to view future posts of folks we have had issues with.  It sounds like tensions are running really high.  Maybe once everything is said and done this would be a good option. :)

Good to know, thanks! Yeah, I will not do anymore transactions with her :C.
I still haven't received my refund yet...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
I'm dropping a warning now to keep this civil.

ochiba I understand your frustration.  International mail can take 4-6 weeks and they have been cracking down on the US borders.  It could be caught in customs.  But it is not unusual that it did not arrive with in two weeks.

Send me a refund then and I'll close the claim. I doubt you ever shipped her out in the first place. I'm just suspicious of you so quick to offer a refund. What a hassle.

^This^  I believe that by her offering you a refund was the right thing to do.  I would have if someone opened a case against me.  I don't think it shows anything more than she is trying to work with you at this point. Throwing around accusations is not going to help the matter.

@lil.cuti.pie Can you you verify when you shipped her items?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Sternenstaub

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »
ochibawolf - I'm sorry you haven't received your pony yet.
But when you'rr purchased anything from overseas it can take several weeks.

And that little.cutie.pie offered a refund musn't mean that she doesn't sent the pony.

I really hope you both will fix that up and your parcel will show up soon.

ochibawolf

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »
I'm dropping a warning now to keep this civil.

ochiba I understand your frustration.  International mail can take 4-6 weeks and they have been cracking down on the US borders.  It could be caught in customs.  But it is not unusual that it did not arrive with in two weeks.

^This^  I believe that by her offering you a refund was the right thing to do.  I would have if someone opened a case against me.  I don't think it shows anything more than she is trying to work with you at this point. Throwing around accusations is not going to help the matter.

@lil.cuti.pie Can you you verify when you shipped her items?

I'd love to see if she can verify that she shipped the items. She also keeps saying she will refund me, then never does. I'm honestly just very frustrated at this point. It's been over a month. It shouldn't take that long for anything. I'm sorry if my frustration is coming out with my posts. I'm trying to stay civil. Although I will have to disagree with you on the matter of refunding as soon as a case was opened. I've been a seller for a long time, and when cases are opened against me and I am definitely not at fault, I try to work with the buyer before issuing a refund. There is always a period of time when you open a case where the seller and buyer can work something out. I was left in the dark the entire process until I messaged her with my worries.

Post Merge: July 24, 2012, 01:30:51 PM

ochibawolf - I'm sorry you haven't received your pony yet.
But when you'rr purchased anything from overseas it can take several weeks.

And that little.cutie.pie offered a refund musn't mean that she doesn't sent the pony.

I really hope you both will fix that up and your parcel will show up soon.

I understand it can take several weeks. This has been over a month...

Sternenstaub

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
I have had parcels stocked in the mail or at customs and it took over a month as well...so I wouldn't be in panic when a parcel takes longer.

Normally shipping is faster - but I' also waiting for a parcel from an arena member and it in its way over 3 weeks now..that can happen from time to time - don't forget the currently holiday time..

I understand when someone open a papyal claim after 45 days of waiting for own protection.
But as I said before - that she offered a refund musn't mean that she hasn't shipped.
I think she only want to sort things soon out.

And when I understand right you both are in contact about a refund since today?
So maybe she needs 1-2 days to transfer money to paypal to sent you the refund?

I guess when she offered a refund she will sent it.
Not all people have funds on paypal directly and need a few days to clear it.

Well, I really hope things will sorted out - keep us updated.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal