collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Arena Enterplay FiM Trading Card Trading Thread!  (Read 39501 times)

allhallowsevepony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MLP Arena Enterplay FiM Trading Card Trading Thread!
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
If I remember correctly, the non-first editions are supposed to have some errors corrected (probably some spelling errors, and other errors with card descriptions). Otherwise the appearance of the cards is supposed be the same.

Although, if that's the case, then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between first and non-first edition cards unless you had a first edition card that had errors on it to compare with.

There are definitely some differences, though I don't know how many. Checking the 1st vs 2nd that I had, I noticed that the paragraph on the back of Peewee is slightly different, and the printed sweepstakes codes on the location cards are done with a noticeably different font. A friend pointed out to me that Shining Armor is slightly different too. Other than that, I don't know of any changes/corrections.

Anyone else know of other changes that have been made? It'd be great if we could come up with a comprehensive list. :)

Bread

« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »
just found out about a few more errors:

- first edition cards of Tank show pinkie as his owner. (this is corrected in non-first editions)
- Sweetie Belle's name is misspelled as "Sweetie Bell" sometimes in non-first edition cards (this probably also happens with first editions)
- some first edition cards don't list "pegasus, unicorn, earth pony" as pony types; instead, they list one of the three types twice (example: "pegasus, unicorn, pegasus", and no earth pony symbol)
- first edition Shining Armor (base set) says that the element of love is shining armor's pet (corrected in non-first editions)
- in first and non-first edition Granny Smith cards (both base and foil parallel) the picture of Granny Smith on the back cuts off in the middle of the frame.

In other news, I just got my cards, and I'm ready to start trading!
I'm also willing to buy cards if the price is reasonable.

I'm getting really close to finishing my set, and I'm constantly checking my PMs, so if you want to trade with me, please send me a PM as soon as possible!

Cards I need:

Moments of Friendship:
#46 - Vanquishing the Ursa Minor
#53 - Another Day, Another Dungeon
#56 - Best. Wedding. EVER.
#67 - A Very Special Somepony
#70 - Elements of a Good Cheer
#72 - "I really AM a doormat."

Foils:
F16 - Applejack
F21 - Fluttershy

Gold Series
G1 - Princess Celestia
G2 - Princess Luna
G3 - Princess Cadance

G5 - Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
G7 - Nightmare Moon
G8 - Queen Chrysalis

Convention Promos
F36 - Pinkie Pie
F37 - Rainbow Dash
F40 - Rarity

Cards I have for trade:

Base Set
#2 - Rarity
#3 - Fluttershy
#5 - Pinkie Pie
#9 - Princess Luna
#12 - Sweetie Belle
#15 - Granny Smith
#18 - Zecora
#19 - Snips & Snails
#20 - The Cakes
#21 - Braeburn
#23 - Silver Spoon & Diamond Tiara
#27 - DJ Pon-3 & Octavia
#28 - Mare Do Well & Daring Do
#30 - Prince Blueblood
#31 - Nightmare Moon
#34 - Sea Serpent
#37 - Owlowiscious
#38 - Winona
#40 - Angel
#41 - Gummy
#42 - Tank
#44 - Peewee

Moments of Friendship
#45 - A Sonic Rainboom!
#47 - A Party of One?
#49 - "Chaos is a Wonderful Thing."
#52 - Best...Comedy Act?
#57 - Slumber Party 101
#59 - Meet the Apple Family
#60 - Nightmare Night Indeed!
#63 - Crazy Cutie Pox!
#65 - The Green-eyed Monster
#68 - The Flight of Rarity

Location/Sweepstakes
#73 - Everfree Forest
#74 - Sugarcube Corner
#75 - Cloudsdale
#76 - Crusaders Clubhouse
#77 - Ponyville Schoolhouse
#78 - Golden Oaks Library
#79 - Sweet Apple Acres
#80 - Carousel Boutique
#81 - Day Spa
#82 - Canterlot
#83 - AppleLoosa
#84 - Fluttershy's Cottage

Foils
F15 - Royal Wedding Shining Armor
F22 - Scootaloo

Standees
#1 Applejack
#3 Pinkie Pie
#4 Twilight Sparkle
#6 Fluttershy
#7 Sweetie Belle
#8 Scootaloo
#9 Apple Bloom

Promo Foils:
F35 Applejack (x2)

If at all possible, I'd really like to trade my promos for other promos i need, namely F36 Pinkie Pie, F37 Rainbow Dash, and F40 Rarity. I know it's a stretch, but I really want those promos!
I might consider other offers on my promos as well.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:52:32 PM by Bread »

allhallowsevepony

« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »
- To spell it out better, on the back of 1st edition Peewee, the second line page breaks after "a baby dragon to," while on non-1st editions it page breaks after "a baby dragon to be," thus making the paragraph 12 lines long on 1st editions, and 11 lines long on non-1st. Both 1st and non-1st omit the "Pets" tag on the front of the card.

- I have a 1st edition MDW/Daring Do Hero Card with "Pegasus Unicorn Unicorn." And a non-1st with "Pegasus Unicorn Earth." So this has been corrected.

- I also have non-1st editions of Sweetie Belle (regular & foil), Shining Armor, and Snips & Snails, all 4 of which have "Pegasus Unicorn Pegasus." So these have not yet been corrected.

- To throw this out there, I also have 1st and non-1st editions of the Crusaders Clubhouse with the exact same sweepstakes code. Same with Golden Oaks Library. I have no idea how rare/common this is, but I thought it was cooooool. :D

Offline shottsy85

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shottsy Arts Artwork and Apparel
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
did they ever fix the wedding puzzle on the back so that it still matches up when you put the cards in number order? I believe almost all my cards are first editions now looking over the listed mistakes, and also having some people look at them today. Is there a source or list somewhere that mentions all the mistakes and ways to tell what are first editions because it seems some of my cards have been mixed up now with 1st and 2nd editions although most are 1st. Any sources would be greatly appreciated!

Bread

« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2012, 01:48:59 AM »
did they ever fix the wedding puzzle on the back so that it still matches up when you put the cards in number order?

Now that you mention it I did notice that the royal wedding puzzle cards have to be arranged oddly to form the image.

It seems like they have to be in reverse number order, going right to left, and down to up (assuming you arrange the cards with the foil side in front), which is just about as backwards as you can possibly get  :P

By the way, that hasn't been changed with non-first edition cards, since this applies to my royal wedding cards, which are non-first edition.

- To spell it out better, on the back of 1st edition Peewee, the second line page breaks after "a baby dragon to," while on non-1st editions it page breaks after "a baby dragon to be," thus making the paragraph 12 lines long on 1st editions, and 11 lines long on non-1st. Both 1st and non-1st omit the "Pets" tag on the front of the card.

- I have a 1st edition MDW/Daring Do Hero Card with "Pegasus Unicorn Unicorn." And a non-1st with "Pegasus Unicorn Earth." So this has been corrected.

- I also have non-1st editions of Sweetie Belle (regular & foil), Shining Armor, and Snips & Snails, all 4 of which have "Pegasus Unicorn Pegasus." So these have not yet been corrected.

- To throw this out there, I also have 1st and non-1st editions of the Crusaders Clubhouse with the exact same sweepstakes code. Same with Golden Oaks Library. I have no idea how rare/common this is, but I thought it was cooooool. :D

- Just noticed that on my non-1st edition peewee card too. Somehow this mistake strikes me as especially odd.
- I was told that the "pegasus unicorn pegasus" was an issue with the icons, but now I see it's a problem with the text. Thanks for clearing that up.  ;)
- I heard about repeat codes in 1st edition, but it sounds like you're saying that you have a 1st and a non-1st that have the same code? :blink: I can't say I've heard of that.

Tempest Wind

« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2012, 05:44:09 PM »
Wow, what luck. I bought the last 4 cards at Target today and pulled another Gold Series Luna. Looks like I have 2 for trade now. :P

GreyCapstan

« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
I picked up a couple of the new packs yesterday at Hot Topic. I actually wasn't sure if they were the new ones, because I had a Snips/Snails card, and I looked on the back to see if they fixed the "Pegasus/Unicorn/Pegasus" error, and it wasn't fixed. But then I noticed the different font on the sweepstakes codes... I'm gonna compare all of the firsts to the non-firsts I have to see what differences I can find. I'll let you folks know. :)

Post Merge: October 07, 2012, 07:29:14 PM

Alright, here's my attempt to create a list:

Enterplay Trading Card Error/Edition Change List, Version 0.1.1

#15, Granny Smith: Picture on back of card cuts off 3/4 down the frame; not fixed in second edition.

#19, Snips/Snails: "Pegasus/Unicorn/Pegasus" types; not fixed in second edition.

#22, The Wonderbolts: First edition has double-space between "Equestria" and "make"; fixed in second edition.

#28, Mare Do Well/Daring Do: First edition has "Pegasus/Unicorn/Unicorn" types; fixed in second edition.

#29, Golden Harvest/Lyra Heartstrings: Different back text - "Golden Harvest, her PFF" changed to just "her PFF" in second edition.

#42, Tank: First edition incorrectly lists his owner as Pinkie Pie; fixed in second edition.

#44, Peewee: Unlike the other pet cards, this card does not have "Pets" printed in the top-right corner of the front; not fixed in second edition. However, the second edition has differently-formatted back text (ex. "to | be" -> "be | a").

#45, A Sonic Rainboom!: First edition incorrectly names the episode 'It's A Sonic Rainboom"; fixed in second edition. Second edition also has differently-formatted back text (ex. "dive | to" -> "defying | dive").

#58, Pony Without A Team: First edition incorrectly lists episode as "It's A Sonic Rainboom"; unknown if fixed in second edition.

#71, Iron Pony Competition: First edition incorrectly lists episode as Dragonshy; fixed in second edition.

#72, "I Really AM A Doormat!": First edition incorrectly names the episode "Putting Your Hooves Down"; unknown if fixed in second edition.

All location cards (#73-84): Sweepstakes codes on second edition have a different, rounder font to help make the difference between letter Os and number 0s clearer.

All tattoos (#1-12): Different series of "CT" numbers in the bottom-right corner of back.

All Royal Wedding foils (#F7-F15): Unlike the Elements Of Harmony and Discord foil puzzle sets, these do not form the picture correctly when placed in numerical order (possibly done intentionally to highlight the "Puzzle" aspect); not changed in second edition.

#F21, Fluttershy (Parallel): First edition has shrunken back text; fixed in second edition.

#F24, Apple Bloom (Parallel): Second edition has smaller font and differently-formatted back text on second line ("Cutie | Mark" -> "her | Cutie").

#F25, Spike (Parallel): First edition has shrunken back text; ; unknown if fixed in second edition.

#F27, Granny Smith (Parallell): Picture on back of card cuts off 3/4 down the frame; not fixed in second edition.

All foil packs: Second edition has a different item number beneath the barcode; "MLP-002003" becomes "MLP-002003 i". Second edition also adds "263CM02" and "MADE IN USA" beside the flap.

Cards that do not have any differences, as far as I can tell: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 31, 35, 36, 37, 39, 41, 43, 47, 51, 53, 55, 59, 60, 61, 63, 68, Standees, F2, F3, F6, F8, F12

Any extra info to add to this would be greatly appreciated!  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:50:13 PM by GreyCapstan »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
Has anyone acually won the sweepstakes yet? Just entered like 25 codes and 0 won :(

I won a signed card. I sent the code card in probably....4 or 5 weeks ago, but haven't recieved the signed one yet. I will update when I do!

Tempest Wind

« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »
*List updated on page 13*

Gold series for sale.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2012, 04:32:59 AM »
I updated my post, here's a link! http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,303344.msg420235.html#msg420235 I got a very gracious trade offer, but had to turn it down because my list was out of date! My bad!! :( But now it is up to date, so please feel free to PM me for trades! :)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Aquatice

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Just as a heads-up to everyone, there's been a list recently released detailing new promo cards and products, and it seems they extend further than we thought.

F35 - Applejack - Available at Canterlot Gardens, and at NYCC
F36 - Pinkie Pie - TBA
F37 - Rainbow Dash - SDCC and NYCC
F38 - Fluttershy - Everfree NW and Online Survey
F39 - Twilight Sparkle - Collector's Tin (Available at NYCC and soon in a store near you!)
F40 - Rarity - BronyCon Exclusive
NEW! F41 - "Special Pony" - NYCC gift with purchase (see gray pegasus)
NEW! F42 - Octavia - Collector's Box TBR in Q4 of 2012
NEW! F43 - TBA - Gift Tin TBR in Q1 of 2013

Additionally, it seems like EnterPlay has plans to release all but F40 (Rarity) and F41(Special Pony) in the future. It's also safe to assume they've still got some more promos up their sleeves.

Happy Trading!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:14:49 PM by Aquatice »

Bread

« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »
Just as a heads-up to everyone, there's been a list recently released detailing new promo cards and products, and it seems they extend further than we thought.

F35 - Applejack - Available at Canterlot Gardens, and at NYCC
F36 - Pinkie Pie - TBA
F37 - Rainbow Dash - SDCC and NYCC
F38 - Fluttershy - Everfree NW and Online Survey
F39 - Twilight Sparkle - Collector's Tin (Available at NYCC and soon in a store near you!)
F40 - Rarity - BronyCon Exclusive
NEW! F41 - "Special Pony" - NYCC Exclusive, gift with purchase (see gray pegasus)
NEW! F42 - Octavia - Collector's Box TBR in Q4 of 2012
NEW! F43 - TBA - Gift Tin TBR in Q1 of 2013

Additionally, it seems like EnterPlay has plans to release all but F40 (Rarity) and F41(Special Pony) in the future. It's also safe to assume they've still got some more promos up their sleeves.

Happy Trading!

Actually, I'm pretty sure they said that they'll re-release "Special Pony" later on. Rarity, however, is probably not going to be re-released (although rumors are saying that she'll be re-released at bronycon 2013).

MrBear

« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Lots of foils for sale. Post updated on page 7.

Offline shottsy85

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shottsy Arts Artwork and Apparel
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »
Thanks to all for posting any info on differences between first and second editions I have a lot of sorting to do, but I was wondering where people were getting their information from, AND I am wondering if there is any way to prove or tell that something is a first printing or not. Most of my cards are, so I have little to compare them too, except that box I bought at Canterlot Gardens which I am pretty sure are all second printings . I am just worried some of my old cards may have gotten mixed up with some of the new ones because I didn't realize this until later and want to pick them all out. Some people are advertising cards even without messups as first printings so was wondering how to tell. Is there a number or something printed tiny on it or something somewhere? Any info would be greatly appreciated! I will also be updating my sell list yet AGAIN very soon. I am including both :muffin: Pony, and Applejack promo cards. If ANYONE had a promo Rarity or Rainbow Dash I will trade.

Post Merge: October 17, 2012, 12:05:03 PM

woah I can't call her D.E.R. py?

allhallowsevepony

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
woah I can't call her D.E.R. py?

I discovered that too. Does anyone know why :muffin: Pony autocorrects herself on this forum?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal