collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: returned parcel advice  (Read 634 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
returned parcel advice
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:27 AM »
If the person I am dealing with is on the arena, I just want to say, she has been fine, and pleasant, this isn't a rant, just more checking, I haven't done the wrong thing :)

So, 3 weeks or so back, I sold a pony to someone in France and shipped her off to the address given.  Unfortunately for some reason it was returned to me.  I checked, I definitely sent it to the correct address, and the buyer has said that if I return it to add an extra bit to the address.  So I am guessing the post office had a 'Duh' moment, or maybe the address is a bit odd or something (I can totally relate, my mum posted me something and left off my room number, the parcels all go through the front office of my complex, but do you think they could look up my name and see what room I'm in??? So it was returned to Australia!)

Anyway... I digress.  For me to collect this parcel I had to take a taxi over to the other side of Beijing (a city that houses 15 million people, so it isn't exactly small) because there is no public transport out there.  Then it cost me $25 to pick up, and it will cost me another $30 to send on again.  The buyer has said she will pay 'a small fee' to resend it.

I sent the buyer a note saying all that, and that I could either send it on, but I would need those fees paid, or I could refund her for the pony, but I would want to deduct the pick up fee, as the mistake was not mine.  Is this unreasonable?? She hasn't replied yet, but I do feel very bad that her pony was sent back, however, I also don't think I should have to lose money on sale because of something that wasn't my fault.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: returned parcel advice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:31:53 AM »
I think that sounds entirely fair for her to pay the fees incurred to reship. You posted it to the address provided. The address provided was incorrect. Not your fault.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:25:05 AM »
A business would probably resend for free, but you are not a business. $55 is a lot of money.

Take screen shots of her email/paypal payment that shows her the address and a photo of what's on the parcel and send it to her.
Then do some research on how important that extra bit she wants adding is. If it is the same as in your situation with the room number, then the fault is entirely hers and she should pay.

If it is the post systems fault then I would probably go halves. Actually I'd go down to the post office and raise hell, but I don't speak Chinese :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 03:43:34 AM »

If it is the post systems fault then I would probably go halves. Actually I'd go down to the post office and raise hell, but I don't speak Chinese :D

Yeah, me me either.  :P  And really, isn't it the French postal system's fault (if it is a postal services fault).  It got to France, and then came back again. 

She's agreed to pay anyway. Which is nice.  I think I will throw something in for free for her.  I do feel bad, but $55 is about what I sold the pony for in the first place.  :( 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
I am glad that you and your buyer could work something out.

Because $55 is quite a bit of money out of pocket to reship. Especially if the addy was not given to you in it's entirety from the get go.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
wow $55 ?! :faint:   I'm happy to hear that you and your buyer have sorted things out now though :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal