collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will Ditzy Doo be released for the UK PonyCon...?  (Read 10267 times)

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Will Ditzy Doo be released for the UK PonyCon...?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 07:09:28 AM »
It's just so disrespectful of Hasbro . . . Really, would it have been that hard to make 70 more Ditzy Doos to begin with for the UK fair?   We have supported them over the years, not just monetarily but also in celebrating their brand with them.  Saying, "Heck yeah, ponies are awesome!"

I am really upset about their recent treatment of the US MLP Fair and now the UK convention, not just because of getting or not getting grey pegasus exclusives, but because Hasbro suddenly does not seem to give a crap about us, even though we had (or so I thought) built a relationship up with them over the years.

Yes, they were WAY under stocked at MLP Fair. 105 :muffin: Ponies were "pre-ordered" through the ticketing system, and the remainder were sold at the Fair Booth. After all of the ticket packages were distributed, it seems like they sold out at the fair booth in about 10 minutes. I don't know how many :muffin: Ponies Hasbro brought to the fair to begin with,  but it must've been around 120-200 to have sold out that quickly. The large majority of fair-goers that did not have a ticket package did not get one.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
The thing is... it wasn't more expensive to pre-order the pony. You don't fly across the country to attend an event without having a ticket. That means they must have been on the website and chosen not order one.

Yes. Hasbro did send less exclusives than they usually do, but it is also my belief that everyone who attended could have had one, had they pre-ordered.

As for Hasbro not giving any to the UK Con, it's very disappointing but not entirely unexpected.
Hasbro UK does not care for the Con at all.
I really hope the staff comes up with a cool alternative. It's cool that they've already gotten some pegasi, and since I already have mine, I guess they only need 69 this year :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »
I believe the 10,000 they're referring to is dollars, not ponies.  Now, it's been a couple years since I placed an order with Hasbro, so this may have changed a little, but I doubt much.  So....Their minimum amount of ponies in order to do a run is 1,000.  Generally, most ponies cost at least $7.  I would imagine that by now they cost more, especially since just ponies in general are more expensive than they were a few years ago.  So my guess is that new design/new mold/large display box = about $10 per piece, which would add up to $10,000.

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 07:37:49 AM »
The thing is... it wasn't more expensive to pre-order the pony. You don't fly across the country to attend an event without having a ticket. That means they must have been on the website and chosen not order one.

Yes. Hasbro did send less exclusives than they usually do, but it is also my belief that everyone who attended could have had one, had they pre-ordered.

As for Hasbro not giving any to the UK Con, it's very disappointing but not entirely unexpected.
Hasbro UK does not care for the Con at all.
I really hope the staff comes up with a cool alternative. It's cool that they've already gotten some pegasi, and since I already have mine, I guess they only need 69 this year :D

Yes, but when I ordered my fair ticket (about 2 months before the fair) they were sold out of all the ticket package options except for the most expensive, the Equestria Ticket. My mom ordered me the Equestria ticket, but we could not all afford to get one for each of us (my mom, my two sisters, and I), so only I got one. My sisters and my mom all pre-ordered general admission and were planning to stand in line to buy their own :muffin: Ponies. But at the fair a HUGE group of Florida bronies/pegasisters showed up without warning JUST to buy the :muffin: Pony. I know because one came up to me and told me that when I was holding my :muffin: Pony. I also know because the majority of them all left shortly after the :muffin: Pony sold out.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
. But at the fair a HUGE group of Florida bronies/pegasisters showed up without warning JUST to buy the Ditzy Doo. I know because one came up to me and told me that when I was holding my Ditzy Doo. I also know because the majority of them all left shortly after the Ditzy Doo sold out.

Ugh!  :drunk:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
It's just so disrespectful of Hasbro . . . Really, would it have been that hard to make 70 more Ditzy Doos to begin with for the UK fair?   We have supported them over the years, not just monetarily but also in celebrating their brand with them.  Saying, "Heck yeah, ponies are awesome!"

I am really upset about their recent treatment of the US MLP Fair and now the UK convention, not just because of getting or not getting grey pegasus exclusives, but because Hasbro suddenly does not seem to give a crap about us, even though we had (or so I thought) built a relationship up with them over the years.

Here here!!! I'm pretty disgusted! I'm not a fan of the new show or grey peg but Hasbro should come through with an exclusive for the UK Con. They have for awhile now, so what gives?!??!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »
I'm not one to think that Hasbro should have made a TON more ponies - I understand that exclusice items are meant to be limited, that is what makes them special. But I am extremely disappointed by them not sending ANYTHING to the UK con. That's a huge bummer.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

Here here!!! I'm pretty disgusted! I'm not a fan of the new show or grey peg but Hasbro should come through with an exclusive for the UK Con. They have for awhile now, so what gives?!??!

I think this has to do with the fact that it's mainly a SDCC exclusive.  In past years the US Fair paid for an exclusive design and an exclusive run of the product.  Then Hasbro would over run what we ordered and donate the extra to the UK Con.  This year they basically did the same thing, but it was SDCC who got the majority of the run, then the Fair purchased additional pieces.  There wasn't an over run for Hasbro to donate to the UK Con. 

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
I am really disgusted that Hasbro do not support UK Ponycon.  After all it is a celebration of their brand and the loyalty of its fans is apparently not being acknowledged or returned by Hasbro.  Definitely a kick in the teeth to every collector who has regularly put money into Hasbro's pocket over the years.  They should have at least offered something to UK Ponycon.   
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 11:26:12 AM »

I think this has to do with the fact that it's mainly a SDCC exclusive.  In past years the US Fair paid for an exclusive design and an exclusive run of the product.  Then Hasbro would over run what we ordered and donate the extra to the UK Con.  This year they basically did the same thing, but it was SDCC who got the majority of the run, then the Fair purchased additional pieces.  There wasn't an over run for Hasbro to donate to the UK Con. 

only once did hasbro donate the ponies to UK ponycon :) UK ponycon has paid hasbro for the rest exclusive ponies in the past :) in the past the fair have generously donated a few bay breeze's and a trolly and frisco to us :D

UK ponycon has always loved being able to bring an exclusive to the UK for the collectors, plus it helps raise funds for our chosen charities too :cheer:

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
only once did hasbro donate the ponies to UK ponycon UK ponycon has paid hasbro for the rest exclusive ponies in the past in the past the fair have generously donated a few bay breeze's and a trolly and frisco to us

UK ponycon has always loved being able to bring an exclusive to the UK for the collectors, plus it helps raise funds for our chosen charities too

love pkw xxx

Sorry, I guess I worded that a little wrong, or rather should have put some info from my post before into that last one.  I just wanted to give some insight since I have past experience with buying a design/production run. 

It's really more about the run than the cost.  I think the UK Con usually does about 300 exclusives each year, right?  300 is not enough for Hasbro to do an individual run, whether paid for or donated.  Because the Fair and SDCC order at least 1,000 pieces (the minimum amount to put a pony into a production run) then they can run an extra 300 or whatever that UK ordered.  That's how it was explained to me by Hasbro in years past.  I'm thinking this year, since the SDCC sales are basically all thier own, they decided to keep the majority of pieces made for themselves, and set a small amount aside for the Fair.  I'm assuming since an exclusive design has been purchased and produced by the Fair for several years now, they were willing to do at least that. 

It would have been nice if they set an amount aside for UK to purchase as well, but I think they're focusing on holding all the profit themselves with this one.  Sucks. 

UKPonyCon

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
Hello all! Mlplaura here posting form the PonyCon account. (Oooh, naughty :P )

Sadly, the number we have been quoted is indeed 10,000 PIECES to make it possible to ship them to the UK, not dollars :( We are currently trying to work our way around this but I'll be honest, it's not looking too good. We completely understand what a pain this must be for all collectors, both in the UK and in other countries who were hoping to purchase her from us but we're just having a bit of a hard time about this ATM.

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you for all of your support for UK PonyCon though! Just reading all of your comments of support not just for us but for the US fair in this situation is just so lovely :D We really wouldn't be able to do anything like this if it wasn't for fantastic people like you! :hug: If I could give you all a cookie, I totally would!

P.S We are still going to be busting a gut to get around this, don't you worry! We shall deffo keep you up to date with the latest goings on and IF we actually get her .... I think a weekend of arena celebrations is in order :P

x

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
I was more unimpressed with the reactions the bronies had to there being g1's at the fair *puffs up like an angry cat*

What?? It's the MLP fair of course there are going to be G1s...the FIRST ponies? Was there some kind of drama? :huh:

But at the fair a HUGE group of Florida bronies/pegasisters showed up without warning JUST to buy the Ditzy Doo. I know because one came up to me and told me that when I was holding my Ditzy Doo. I also know because the majority of them all left shortly after the Ditzy Doo sold out.

...Wow...wow.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:01:43 PM by Heliodor »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 01:23:52 PM »
So Hasbro want UKPonycon to order 10,000 units.

Just out of interest, does anybody know how many units SDCC had?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
10,000 pieces?!  That's insane!  How the heck would they expect you guys to offload 10,000 pieces?!  That's probably more than some of these ponies are getting in regular distribution!  That is most dumb-tastic thing I have heard in a while.  I can't imagine SDCC would have even had half of that.  What would be so exclusive about an exclusive if there's 10,000 of it?!  Wow.  I'm seriously offended on your guys' behalf! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal