collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed! **MY PONY IS BACK!**  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
Re: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 04:08:19 AM »
Thanks ponylady. I'm hopeful we can still work something out.

Regardless of the fact whether the pony does or does not have a haircut, I'm still very happy for the buyer to send me the pony back and to issue a refund for her.

I feel awful.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 04:23:49 AM »

Regardless of the fact whether the pony does or does not have a haircut, I'm still very happy for the buyer to send me the pony back and to issue a refund for her.

I feel awful.

Don't feel bad, there is no seller/buyer confidential code. You didn't say anything wrong and just repeated the circumstances. And while I probably shouldn't have said "brat" I only did so because of this:

"So unless you agree in your reply to offer me a FULL refund, I shall open a case with paypal and ebay."

That's pretty bratty. So yeah, in my eyes, she became weird first and then you just did what a 100 other pony posters have done before you. Discuss your issue here.

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 04:28:02 AM »

I feel awful.

Don't feel bad, there is no seller/buyer confidential code. You didn't say anything wrong and just repeated the circumstances. And while I probably shouldn't have said "brat" I only did so because of this:

"So unless you agree in your reply to offer me a FULL refund, I shall open a case with paypal and ebay."

That's pretty bratty. So yeah, in my eyes, she became weird first and then you just did what a 100 other pony posters have done before you. Discuss your issue here.

:lovey: Thank you ;____;
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 04:36:41 AM »
I'm so sorry you're going through all this, I read all of it. You don't appear to have done anything wrong, but if the buyer was a member here and was so angry about it, surely they would come forward and give their side of the story? That way no-one can be biased and it can be fairly worked out.

:hug:
xxx

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
This is awful.  And it sounds like buyer extortion to me.  I am curious to know the buyer, because I had something very similar happen to me also.  I am thinking foul play for sure if it is the same buyer...

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
Wow, weren't some folks saying earlier that threatening sellers with "I'll open a case" is extortion? Isn't this not allowed? I would let eBay know that this buyer is attempting to bully you. This whole "OMG the hair is atrocious!" nonsense is utter bollocks. The hair is very clearly seen in the photo you provided and it doesn't look "completely uneven!" to me.

It's true we can't judge as well based on one photo, but I'm also pretty suspicious that this seller did not give any reasoning in her first letter and then told you that your assumptions were the problem and that you should have to ask the seller why they don't want it, rather than expect them to be straight-up with you and tell you precisely what the problem is, under the assumption there is a problem. What a tool.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »
Sorry you are going through this.

She looks fine to me too! ;) I would take her regardless. She's not easy to find.

There's been some good advice here already. Good luck!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

MissWhimsicalCupcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
Hello,

Well, since there are two sides to a coin, here I am :)

I see that our eBay messages are still being publicly published!

Anyway, I registered and had to wait for approval before I could post the photos. Sorry about the delay.

I am sorry that I had to be introduced to this community in such circumstances. I am very aware of shipping, return policies and the likes. So rest assured that I am in noway expecting a full refund before sending the pony. And that my intentions were always to return it via Royal Mail recorded delivery. So I would be most grateful if those points could remain between the seller and myself as I believe that the main issue here is to establish whether or not the hair has been cut.

Again, You are in your right to vent and seek for advice and relay the main of the issue on this forum, but personal and commercial correspondence should not be copied and pasted by for other parties to see. Hence why the point of having eBay resolution centre. So everything can be monitored and kept in check by qualified staff. So please, by all means do share your concerns with your peers but do not copy and paste our correspondence on here. A seller and a buyer are liable to privacy terms and conditions.

So here are the photos with pointers so you guys can see what I am looking at. So whether I am a very fussy buyer or simply a "brat" (and please do not take a sentence out of its entire context), your very able opinions shall be very welcome and appreciated :) But please remember that I felt disappointed and "cheated" in the first place. However I chose to follow the correct procedures via ebay resolution centre as opposed to making this issue a public affair and publishing all my communications. In my own right, I feel that the description was not accurate. I also pointed out to the seller that I totally understood that she might have not been aware of the issue that I pointed, mistakes happen. I think that she may have reacted as it was a personal attack as opposed to being a plain and simple business dealing between a trader and his consumers. But now the suspicions and assumptions are getting slightly out of hands. If anything, I fell like the one being bullied here :(

And so we are clear, I am not bullying the seller. I am not threatening her in any shape or form, I was just advising her that in the meantime I was opening a dispute so all could be recorded through official channels just in case we would not come to an understanding.

Your suspicions can be put to rest, I am not dishonest. And yes, a seller should always ask a customer the reason of a return. Standard practice.

Anyway, here we go:

Over to you guys...

Just had an idea: Since the hair of this particular is straight unlike the original curly/wavy version, could someone ascertain the actual length of the tail? Maybe with actual and tangible measurements, we will be able to come to a fair outcome! I am not enjoying my time at the "Pony Tribunal", sorry :(

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 01:19:29 PM

This is awful.  And it sounds like buyer extortion to me.  I am curious to know the buyer, because I had something very similar happen to me also.  I am thinking foul play for sure if it is the same buyer...

Sorry but again, assumptions are being made. It seems as this has totally been blown out of proportion! Again, remember that I WAS the one left feeling utterly disappointed and "cheated" when I received the pony and took a look at her. Because she is so hard to find and that she was listed as having uncut hair, I was anticipating her arrival with a lot of excitement.

How much of a foul play and extortion could this be!!!! Please why don;t you all stone me to death while we are here!!!

You are very welcome to have my ebay ID if that helps :S
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:20:44 PM by MissWhimsicalCupcakes »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »
Hello MissWhimsicalCupcakes and welcome to the arena!

Thank you for responding to this thread.  And posting pictures of the pony in question. 

I do not think your poster intended for this to be a "Pony Tribunal" but rather a way to gather opinions and information on this particular pony. 

I hope that this situation can be resolved without incident for the both of you.  And I would like to remind everyone beforehand to keep this civil.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:18:36 PM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
Whimsical - it is completely common for buyers/sellers in this community to post ebay messages.  We do it when we have NO CLUE how to respond to queries on ebay, or when we need advice on transactions gone bad, or when we need advice because the other party sounds shady.  It's normal. 

You may have felt "cheated" when you got the pony, but try and think how the seller feels.  She described the pony very well and posted a clear picture, then out of the blue you demand a refund?  From that picture I would expect to get exactly what you got. 

Come to think of it, I think I have a Silver Rain with the same type of hair.  She certainly hasn't had a cut, she's just got awful hair out of the box.  I'll have to see if I can find her for comparison.  Man, I hope she wasn't in the bait box I sold at the Fair!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
Whimsical - maybe if none of your ponies have uneven hair at all you have gotten EXTREMELY lucky. It is very common for ponies to have hair that looks like that right out the box. In my own experience I'd be more suspicious of a hair cut if the hair wasn't uneven, because it would be more likely that someone would trim the hair to make it even than to randomly chop bits off to make it look uneven.

Just as an example, here's the tail of my Love Wishes - I removed her from her package myself so I can personally guarantee that there was no hair cutting involved, she was just made this way.

It sounds and looks to me like this pony has factory uneven hair. But that is not the seller's responsibility, and they can't be held accountable for the production quality of an item. Your seller provided clear pictures and described the pony to the best of their ability. I can clearly see in the picture the seller provided that the mane is not perfectly even all the way across - the picture shows that some bits are a little longer. I would never think to specifically mention that the tail and mane were not perfectly straight as it is very very common for that to be the case. I can appreciate that you are disappointed with the quality of the pony if it is not up to your standards, and your seller has agreed to take it back and refund the cost. But claiming that they misled you and the item is "not as described" just doesn't seem reasonable.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:08:20 PM by NoDivision »

MissWhimsicalCupcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
Whimsical - maybe if none of your ponies have uneven hair at all you have gotten EXTREMELY lucky. It is very common for ponies to have hair that looks like that right out the box. In my own experience I'd be more suspicious of a hair cut if the hair wasn't uneven, because it would be more likely that someone would trim the hair to make it even than to randomly chop bits off to make it look uneven.

Just as an example, here's the tail of my Love Wishes - I removed her from her package myself so I can personally guarantee that there was no hair cutting involved, she was just made this way.

It sounds and looks to me like this pony has factory uneven hair. But that is not the seller's responsibility, and they can't be held accountable for the production quality of an item. Your seller provided clear pictures and described the pony to the best of their ability. I would never think to specifically mention that the tail and mane were not perfectly straight as it is very very common for that to be the case. I can appreciate that you are disappointed with the quality of the pony if it is not up to your standards, and your seller has agreed to take it back and refund the cost. But claiming that they misled you and the item is "not as described" just doesn't seem reasonable.

Thank you for your reply and your input.

Again, when did I mention that she did "Mislead" me. I said that felt "Cheated" with the word cheated in brackets. I was expressing a feeling not a fact! I did not say: ""She cheated me".

And her feelings have been taken into account, detrimental to my own.

So please, let us keep it to the facts which are CUT or UNCUT tail and mane.

It has gone too far and I have now been associated with being a "Brat", "Extortion", "Foul Play", etc... that is worse than what would be a "Pony Tribunal". That is defamation and assumptions!!!

Ebay only offers one type of case when an item does not to fit the bill and it unfortunately only comes under one title unfortunately "Not as described" case... If it was down to me, I would have added : "Not As described because few details escaped the seller's attention who did genuinely and honestly list the item as she saw it". Ok, so now we are clear that I am not claiming that the seller was dishonest, mislead me and so on. I am just restricted by the options offered by ebay. The one that is the closest to my claim just appears to be "Not as Described". It is not a case that it is "Unwanted", or it "Does not fit me", or else.  I am acting on my rights to return an item on basis that I believe to be legitimate. I am not making accusations. The pony is not unwanted, it just does not appear to me as "uncut". That is all. And I am fully aware that the lady offered a refund to me. I am very happy about this. Though, I am again standing by my opinion and therefore cannot return the pony on the grounds that it is "Unwanted". Opening the return item case is a way to keep the transaction recorded through official channels. She does not know me and do not know her. Keeping it nice and official is legitimate and standard procedure, is it not? Looking at some comments it almost made the all situation sound as if I threatened to cause her injuries or take her to court!??!!??!! It is just an ebay return case people :D

Now can we just focus on the mane and tale please. The rest shall be dealt between the seller, eBay and myself. That is good and correct procedure.

Thank you.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
I was focusing on the mane and tail - my other comments were secondary. I think that my photo of a pony tail straight out the package shows that hair of that uneven quality is very common and is not a sign of a haircut. There is no way to 100 prove that the hair has never met with any scissors, but based on the evidence of  the condition of other ponies I don't believe the pony is question has had a haircut.

You are claiming the item was not as described because you believe the pony had a haircut, and the seller said it was uncut. From my own experience with ponies, based on the pictures you have provided, I do not think the pony has had a haircut. So I do not think the item is "not as described." I think the pony you received is exactly as described and exactly as pictured in the auction. I think you are not pleased with the quality and are interpreting that poor manufacturing quality to be a hair cut - but from my interpretation it is not. As such, the item, in my opinion, IS as described. And as such, you claim is not accurate.

You state that you are just following procedure by escalating this to a claim. But initially you did not file a claim and simply contacted the seller to ask about a refund. A lot of refunds through ebay do not go through the claim system, and are dealt with through messages, which is fine and in line with ebay policy. Ebay encourages people to sort things out via messages without filing a claim and filing a claim is not a necessity to following procedure and keeping things official. The seller immediately agreed to refund you if you mailed the pony back, but mentioned that she wouldn't refund shipping. She is in her rights to do that and everything she did was to procedure.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:05:38 PM by NoDivision »

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »
Whimsical it is extremely common for full messages to be copied and pasted into threads like these to keep words true to how they were posted. That way the person starting the thread is not paraphrasing you in a way that shows their emotions/bias.

That being said, I think this has been going downhill fast. If I were you or pangel I would just send the pony back for a refund of the auction price and wash my hands of the situation. You should be responsible for the shipping costs to get her back to pangel, and (I believe based on ebays own policies) pangel is not obligated to refund you the original cost of shipping.
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
I undertand that this is a stressful situation for both the seller and the buyer here, but this is a place to work things out, not to get mad at each other.   Most people believe that this is a factory error rather than a haircut. If you want to return the pony then your seller is fine with that, but even by opening a case on ebay, you will still have to pay the cost of returning the pony by recorded delivery, not the seller.
Also it is a common and acceptable thing to copy/paste messages directly here. We are here to help with ebay buying/selling probelms as well as Arena problems, and it is much easier to see both sides of the story if the messages are posted here exactly as they are ;)

Unfortunately this thread is going to have to be locked if we cant all discuss this without getting angry and throwing accusations.  Ponylady has already posted a warning to keep it civil, but  its not working out  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal