collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed! **MY PONY IS BACK!**  (Read 7052 times)

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
Re: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed!
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
I am sorry but this is nuts at this point. 

The buyer needs to return the pony for a full refund.  I will say it again but the refund will not take place until it is proven within ebay's dispute system that she has shipped the pony back and you have received it.  She has to ship it back with tracking per ebay's site rules.

Pangel, I can only suggest to you that within the dispute you make it clear that you offered her a full refund upon the return of the pony. I would also contact ebay so they are aware of the situation.  A bunch of smiley faces does not prove to me she is handling this in a professional manner.

This thread again was started with the intent of gathering opinions about the hair being cut.  Which again I will state is quite normal. 

And I am going to remind everyone one last time to make sure this stays civil. 

The smiley faces were added by me as my reaction when I read through the case details. Sorry for any added confusion on my part there. My face was just dropping as I was reading it in disbelief!

And yes, I'm very confused as to why she felt the need to open a case, especially as she is going to receive the very thing I first offered o_O Maybe she doesn't trust that I will refund her?
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
It's my opinion that in the event of a return, it is best to keep it on file with eBay even if you trust each other 100%. This way, the buyer has record with ebay that the return is taking place, and the item can be tracked. The seller then has proof that the item was shipped. This way, a buyer can't claim to have shipped, when they really didn't. And a seller can't claim they never got the item. It just keeps everything secure.

If I was doing a return on an item I bought from my grandma on ebay, I think I would still open a claim so that ebay could keep track of it also so we can make sure both parties are taken care of.

WHat I don't get is why she says you are not trying to work with her. Or is that just a part of the process that gets updated once you respond to it? Ive never had to actually do one of these, so Im not really sure on that part if she deliberately said you wouldn't work with her.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 12:04:55 PM »
I welcome your opinions, Maniah! :)

I think you can actually open a return request on eBay, without opening a dispute. It's essentially the same thing, but it doesn't go against your selling record.

When you open a dispute, you have a drop-down list of options. And she selected the one to say that I'm not trying to work with her. I don't really know why, either.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »
WHat I don't get is why she says you are not trying to work with her. Or is that just a part of the process that gets updated once you respond to it? Ive never had to actually do one of these, so Im not really sure on that part if she deliberately said you wouldn't work with her.

Nope it's not "part of the process," if I remember correctly from opening my own case, you have to check a box or select a link that specifically indicates the seller is not trying to work with you. So she is misrepresenting the communication. And it's proven by the link she provided to this thread  :nuts:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »
Oh hun, I have been in total shock for you reading through this thread. You have done everything as it should be and handled yourself with a great deal of grace. The buyer just seems upset that this was brought out in the public and is trying to get back at you by opening a case. Keep in mind that it is still possible for her to leave feedback after she returns the pony and receives a refund. She seems bitter enough that she could neg you so keep that in mind. You might be able to dispute it though if you keep all correspondance. Just to add to the "haircut" discussion, I have many G3s purchased new by me that look exactly like this. Silver Rain originally had a wave to her hair and many of those hairstyles look uneven once they go straight. She is gorgeous and you should be able to sell her no problem after all of this.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »

I think you can actually open a return request on eBay, without opening a dispute. It's essentially the same thing, but it doesn't go against your selling record.

Ah I see the difference. I didn't realize there was one. Good stuff to know! Thank you.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »

Ah I see the difference. I didn't realize there was one. Good stuff to know! Thank you.

Just fyi, if a seller is taking back a return you are not supposed to open up a case with Ebay. This is a bad habit. You are supposed to open up a case when the seller is not working with you and Ebay has to step it.

If you ship back an item and don't get a return you can open a case just as easily. It's easy and all you need to do is provide your tracking.

Being a top rated seller you are only allowed so many cases to be opened. It doesn't matter if the case is closed in an amicable manner. All that matters is that a case was opened and it counts against the seller's record. Once a case is opened you can't get it off your record. Ebay if ridiculous with the amount they allow you. I can't remember the amount but I think it's like two.

Now, when a buyer opens a case, it doesn't go on a record that you can see. BUT it is on your record that Ebay can see. If a buyer opens too many cases, your id gets put under review for fraud. Go on the Ebay forum and you will see many buyers complaining about this cause they thought they could open up cases all willy nilly.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »
Wow. That's some serious limitations. Thanks for the info RPB! That's good to know!

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 02:34:15 AM »
From the tone of all her communications, even prior to her knowledge of this forum post, I was expecting a negative. There seemed to be very little I could do to difuse the situation from the start. It's frustrating when that happens.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:12 AM »
Wow. That's some serious limitations. Thanks for the info RPB! That's good to know!

No problem. Most people think a case doesn't hurt anything but it does :-) Of course, open a case if the seller is unresponsive or scammed you!

Anyways, Yeah Pangel I think you will be getting a negative. Oh well. Your smileys were hilarious. I was laughing our loud for real.

I'm so happy I blocked her although luckily she is in the UK but may do some shopping from the US.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »

Nope it's not "part of the process," if I remember correctly from opening my own case, you have to check a box or select a link that specifically indicates the seller is not trying to work with you. So she is misrepresenting the communication. And it's proven by the link she provided to this thread  :nuts:

This is true ^^  Hopefully ebay will take a look at this thread and see the full story . She is not being fair with you now -  you already did what you could to sort out the situation - there is nothing more you could have done :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »
I've logged onto eBay this morning, and she hasn't responded to the case yet.

She needs to confirm she will be sending the pony back. Does anyone know how long eBay keep the case open at this stage, because the funds are on hold in my Paypal account.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 02:56:11 AM »
I know that ebay.uk and ebay.us have different timelines for responding to disputes.

I never asked you which one she purchased on but I am going to assume UK since you live in England.  But I think Ebay Uk is 10 days and Ebay US is 7 days.

I am sure though when she responds she will have to enter proof of shipment back to you.  So maybe she has not had time to get to the Post Office or maybe she has seen the error in her ways and moved on.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2012, 08:03:39 AM »
Could just be a last F-You on her part in trying to get your funds messed up :(

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »
This seems to be happening a lot; seller describes pony, buyer isn't happy with pony. How can this be avoided? As seller and buyer will often have different idea on what is an "acceptable description"
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal