collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed! **MY PONY IS BACK!**  (Read 7058 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »
The tail looks just like the photo. I don't see how you can have a problem with the mane or tail at all. This is going by your photos.

Quite frankly, your tail photo looks so nice it's laughable. I don't understand how anyone could complain about this pony!

I don't think she should refund your P&P costs or the original P&P costs.

Anything you say on Ebay to another seller is allowed to be published anywhere. I don't why you would think otherwise. So if you were trying to light a fire under her butt by threatening a claim good job you did it. It's called cause and effect.

Sorry for calling you a brat. I think since you have shown up the posters have backed down a little on the shady calling attitude and are now just sticking to the facts.

There is nothing wrong with the hair. I had that EXACT pony I sold on Ebay and her mane was like that but not as straight. If you wanted a curl/wave why did you bid on a pony that probably had her hair washed at some point and where it's obviously way straight?

Do you want me to take my 100 G3s and take a photo of the mane and show how almost all of them have uneven hair? I hope you are starting to see the problem with your complaint.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
G3s are notorious for having quality control issues.  I have pretty much every G3 released in stores in my collection.  I opened them all myself, and it's amazing how random the hair can be.  Some ponies have good hair, others have terrible.  I have had more than one where literally half the tail is a good inch shorter than the other half, and that was straight out of the box.  Glue in the hair, uneven hair, chunks cut out of portions of the hair, one section of hair 3 inches longer than the rest, I've seen it all straight out of the box.   

It could very well be that this is a factory issue and not a haircut.  Either way, the buyer is unhappy.  Fair or not, if the buyer is unhappy, give a refund once the pony is returned.  It stinks to be out the postage fees, but that's unfortunately the way things go.  You can block the buyer from bidding on future auctions if you think she's got unrealistic expectations of G3s so you don't have to go through this again.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:19:08 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »
Hi and Welcome MissWhimsicalCupcakes :)

My Silver Rain is still mint in its box but it has exactly the same issue and you can see it. One section of the light blue hair is longer than the bit next to it. Silver Rain doesn't really have curly hair, it's slightly wavy and I think to allow that they make the bottom part longer.

The tail looks like a normal G3 tail, just like the rest of my G3s.

But as your seller has told you to send it back, I suggest you do just that. Send it a tracked method to protect yourself and your seller. It's what eBay will make you do anyway. That way everyone is happy and the world goes back to normal. I've been unhappy with a pony before and it never fits into the collection after that anyway.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 01:38:24 AM »
I had never intended this to be a witch hunt after the buyer, so I apologise. It was meant to be a more objective "is it cut, or is it not?"

Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't been able to sleep because I've been very paranoid that I'd listed the pony incorrectly. I'm glad to know that 20+ years of experience with ponies means that I can identify a hair cut. And if that ponies hair was graced with a pair of scissors, then that was a very skillful person, because in my opinion, cut pony hair is very straight.

She opened an eBay case anyways, and I told her to return it, like I had done from the beginning.  I'll now have to fork out her original delivery fees. To me the case opening was not necessary (I have my personal feelings about why she did) but I honestly don't know what more she was expecting from me.

The case itself is written contradictory, so my inference from the whole thing is that she understands the hair isn't cut, but just doesn't like it. That wasn't a problem to begin with.

I digress. I feel tired, drained, and glad that this is coming to an end.

Am I allowed to post the user ID of the buyer on here? I don't want anyone else to go through the same process that I just have.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 01:51:23 AM »
I'm confused, ebay is making you pay her return shipping?

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »
Hi Whoa! Sorry let me clarify ^_^;;

I will have to refund the full amount - meaning I will have to pay not only the item cost back, but the original postage cost back to her as well. Not her return costs, thank goodness!

I feel a bit cheated in that respect, but that's the way eBay cases go. I'm out of pocket £3. I know £3 isn't the end of the world, but the principle of the matter bugs me.

It's like if you ordered something off say... QVC and you didn't like the item/didn't need it/duplicate purchase, you wouldn't expect to have the postage costs it cost them refunded to you. It's not their fault that you didn't like it/need it/duplicate item.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 03:05:36 AM »
Pangel do NOT forget to open a "cancel transaction" once you get the pony so you don't have to pay fees on something Ebay made you refund.

I vote for an id please. I will happily block. You can pm it to me or wait for a mod to say what they think about posting it on the thread.

I'm so sorry she opened a case. That is so not right since you said you were taking it back to begin with!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 04:21:31 AM »
Pangel, I am glad this will coming to a close for you soon.  I honestly know how stressful it can be.  :(

But in all fairness you handled the situation just as you should.  And coming here for help was not wrong nor did it break any rules. 

It is up to you whether you want to post the ID or you can PM me or Ringlets with it. 

:hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 05:57:39 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, She's still out the shipping costs also, technically. You paid to ship it to her, she paid to ship it back.

Sorry That it had to result in her being manipulative with ebay. But perhaps she just saw the error of her ways? Perhaps she came to realize that the pony did not have a haircut after all, but she just couldn't stand looking at the factory flaw?

It's hard to guess without seeing the original wording.. Which is why the original wording gets posted. But I suppose that would just make her whine some more. Oh well.

Please do post the ID. I know that if I had any way to avoid your situation in the future, I would really like to do so.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 06:40:08 AM »
The original wording is all up in the original post.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 06:46:53 AM »
Yes, But I mean The original wording of the ebay case that the buyer has opened up. If you read Pangel's previous posts, she says that "The case itself is written contradictory, so my inference from the whole thing is that she understands the hair isn't cut, but just doesn't like it."

Hence the curiousity of her original wording :)

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 08:27:42 AM »
Oh I gotcha, maybe she will copy and paste that when she comes back.

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »
Being as she offered to post her ID anyways, the user ID of this individual is: fleurdelysinuk

For your information, I added my reaction to the case details with emoticons. Anything with "<<" next to it, is added by me.

These are the case details:

Details the buyer provided:
Problem: The item is not as described <<  :huh: contested, but okay
The buyer has tried contacting you << :) true
The buyer paid on 10 Jul, 2012 <<  :) true
The buyer contacted you through email. <<  :) ebay messages, but same difference
The item is wrong <<  :| Uh...
You have not responded to the buyer <<  :huh: Wha...
You aren't working with the buyer to solve the problem <<  :mad:

Additional information:
'I contacted the seller to let her know that I wnted to return the pony and asked for the return procedure. I did not state the reasons for my return at once so the seller replied to me asuuming that the pony was unwanted and so informed me that she would not refund the P&P in this case. Without asking me my reasons for returning the pony. I then let her know that I was disappointed a the listing indicated that the hair did appear to me as chopped in some places. I also informed her that I was happy to open a case. Which is normal procedure. She then went onto an independent My Little Pony public forum and literately published my messages to her for everybody to see. Copies and Pasted, literately. In return, it created a lot of negative comments and hurtful assumptions about me. Here is the the link to the thread: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,302421.0.html I trust that communications between a seller and his buyer should remain confidential, although I do understand that it is her right to seek advice and vent her frustration to her community. '

The buyer wants:
The buyer prefers to return the item in exchange for a full refund.
---

I've also put a complaint in to eBay for extortion against this user after she threatened to open an eBay case unless I agreed to issue a full refund.

And in my opinion, eBay cases are not 'normal proceedure'. They are a last resort when all communication fails between a seller and buyer. I responded to all but one of her messages, and gave her the opportunity to represent herself here. If I didn't communicate with her... Well, the answer to that much is obvious.

I'm sure this is a typo, but it reads as a Freudian slip: "I then let her know that I was disappointed a the listing indicated that the hair did appear to me as chopped in some places."

I'm also glad she added the link to the forum as well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:07:34 AM by Pangel »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
So... you offered her exactly what she wanted from the beginning?  A full refund on return?  I'm sorry, I fail to see why opening a case was required. 

Geez, it sounds like she has more issue with you C&Ping her OMGPRIVATE communications than with being proven wrong about the cut hair. 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2012, 10:46:14 AM »
I am sorry but this is nuts at this point. 

The buyer needs to return the pony for a full refund.  I will say it again but the refund will not take place until it is proven within ebay's dispute system that she has shipped the pony back and you have received it.  She has to ship it back with tracking per ebay's site rules.

Pangel, I can only suggest to you that within the dispute you make it clear that you offered her a full refund upon the return of the pony. I would also contact ebay so they are aware of the situation.  A bunch of smiley faces does not prove to me she is handling this in a professional manner.

This thread again was started with the intent of gathering opinions about the hair being cut.  Which again I will state is quite normal. 

And I am going to remind everyone one last time to make sure this stays civil. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal