collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So upset with Hasbro right now...Comic Con was an absloute nightmare!  (Read 11360 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: So upset with Hasbro right now...Comic Con was an absloute nightmare!
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »
Don't forget that Faust has said that Hasbro asked her to incorporate certain toy ideas into the show, such as Twilight's hot air balloon. If I remember right she struggled a bit trying to include the toys Hasbro wanted without them interfering with canon, plots, etc too much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Celenth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So upset with Hasbro right now...Comic Con was an absloute nightmare!
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »
I don't post here much... but man, I had to vent about my SDCC ponyfailure. :(

I was super-bummed when they announced the SDCC exclusive -- I mean, I wanted her and all, but I love the G3 molds so much and I knew the Bubbles factor was gonna make it INSANE. This was my first time as SDCC, I wanted to take it easy (as much as is actually feasible there, that is, LOL), and while I'd gotten the exclusive ponies online in the past... I wanted that feeling, y'know? That feeling you get when you get a new, awesome pony. I was going to SDCC for SDCC's sake, but I was really hoping to still get a shot. Me and my merry troop of friends had 4-Day passes with no preview night, so I hoped we could get there Wednesday night and check in, then I could get in the Hasbro ticket line early Thursday.

Of course, my car breaks down on the way up. So no dice. We have to drop it off at the shop Thursday morning, then get through registration, so by that time it's 8ish or so and the line is already closed.

Okay, Friday. We'll do it Friday. I don't have a smartphone so I don't know what the situation looks like, but the Hasbrotoyshop reps I talked to on Thursday told me that if I got there before 8am, I would tooooootally be fine (things I learned the hard way: the Hasbrotoyshop reps have about zero idea what's going on)(they also seemed to think booth reticketing would reopen later in the day upstairs. ...What?) On our way in, my buddy in his awesome costume gets nabbed by a radio host. I hesitate for a few minutes, not knowing if I should rush ahead. He tells me to go, I go, and I literally get there at 7:45 RIGHT as they cut off the line.

Okay, fine. Saturday. I trust in Hasbro having enough stock for all five days (HAHAHAHAHAHA silly me) and so my friends -- my lovely, wonderful friends, who let me pull them out of bed obscenely early to drive into Con since we're staying a few miles away, without any complaint -- get there at 6:30 or 6:40.

We're in line! Yay! We're just barely in the outside part of the line, yay! This is awesome, we got this, I'mma get my pony, and yeah, I'm not gonna lie, after three days of failure a part of me is thinking, "One of these darn ponies is going on ebay to pay for the Valium I'm gonna need." And it's been about an hour or so, when a Hasbro rep tells us that the pony is gonna probably be sold out in the first half hour, so if we're there for that, and not already in the Exhibit Hall line, we have zero chance.

At which point I am kind of totally crushed. It was nice of them to let us know but... Ugh. I wish the limit was 1. I wish there wasn't scalping. I wish a lot of things, because I've been collecting ponies for around 15 years, and would have gladly stood in line for a G3 art pony just as easily as "Ditzy". My friends get me over to the line for Ballroom 20, and I try to ignore ponies and go about enjoying the Con. And I had a great time for all my nonpony stuff. But missing out on the Con pony, totally failing at getting the free pony swag in the crazy crowd of people (which is of course now also on ebay for huge amounts of money), and then having an obnoxious incident with a teenage brony right before the MLP Hasbro panel that made me change my mind about going and head somewhere else... Ponies are normally a light, fluffy, happy thing for me. Collecting is supposed to be fun. But god, last weekend was the opposite of that. I just said 'whatever, I'll wait til August' with Zecora, and avoided that line and the sell-out heartbreak entirely.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to focus on my G1 collection for a bit and just... stop worrying about G4s. Maybe get Ditzy in a few months if the ebay prices settle down. Maybe just never get her. But I think I need a break from this G4 craziness right now, because it's making me more stressed than happy, and that ain't what my ponies are about!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal