collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about armies or twins?  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: How do you feel about armies or twins?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 08:01:05 AM »
The only 'army' I have is of my OC Ferret Shock. All are different varients on the same character.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »
I do however collect variants. My unrealistic goal is to have one of every pony.

Same here. O_O I know it will never happen but I want it too. And I'm also including merch. The only things I'm not counting are different sizes of the same shirt. XD

As for me and armies, I have a Pinkie Pie army, although none of the items are the same, I have G3, 3.5, and 4 items in my Pinkie army. I also have a small Rainbow Dash army, again, none of the items are the same. I do collect variants too.

As for doubles, I put thm in my accesories bin because I don't know what to do with them. I have a friend who collects ponies so I suppose I can give them to her, since she gave me almost all her G3s a few months back.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
If people want to create an army with their collection than so be it. I don't really go in for armies as I don't have the space but if I did I might be more inclined to do so.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »
I don't intend to build any armies.  Ponies that I really love, like Baby Crumpet and TAF Yum Yum, however, it is tempting.  I get an upgrade pony and think, I don't want to get rid of the one I intended to replace, or I already have a mint one and see one needing repair and think, I need to help her!  :D

So yeah, I understand where armies can get started. 

I admit, though, to feeling some jealousy or frustration when I see someone with a giant collection of a single item.  (Like, a particular accessory, for instance.)  I think that by them buying every ________ they ever found, that they're driving the price up and making it nearly impossible for me to find that accessory for a reasonable price.    But, I recognize that's my problem and not theirs.  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
I know my army upsets a lot of people because I have so many wingers.  But they are the only ponies I actively collect, and I spend a lot of money on them.  For me, I am more of a "pony rescue" collector; being drawn to the wingers who have serious flaws.  90% of my collection have some sort of flaw.  Sure people get upset that I have so many HTF ponies, but in reality I buy them off eBay or from advertised Arena sales, so everyone had the opportunity to get them. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 10:34:55 AM »
That's my unrealistic goal too! I do actually collect variants if they're different enough, but, for example, I have two slightly different colored Moonstones with slight variations in the size of their symbols, and I don't want them both, but I can't decide which to keep.
Haha yes! I'm the same as in I have two applejacks but they are in different poses. I don't mind that. I've got a couple of doubles and i find it a tad frustrating as sometimes I can't shift them! It's hard sometimes coz my sis sometimes buys ponies that ive already got but she didn't realize I'd got it! Haha.

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »
My only army is the one in my avatar. It's an army of Heart Throb variants so it doesn't really count because they're all different... I did end up with an upgrade of Italy Heart Throb but since I'm displaying the old one with my "Mommies and Babies", my duplicates aren't together. But besides Heart Throb, I don't like having doubles. If I find an upgrade for a pony that I already have, I give the old one to my daughter to play with...

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »
The idea of an army is starting to grow on me. I got a G3 Butterscotch in a lot I bought for baits, and when I introduced her to my G1 Butterscotch, they just look so darn cute together, that I could imagine a bunch of little Butterscotches frolicking around my collection. I wouldn't want a ton of ponies that are EXACTLY the same, though. They'd all have to have their own personality (ponyality?).

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »
I love armies.  If one pony is super special to you and it makes you happier then humanly possible (LOL) than I say go for it!

Just imagine all the other ponies they might pass on that you love that they don't care as much about since they love "that" one pony over there.  If it's a htf or rare pony then they either have really good pony luck or lots of money in which to spoil themselves.  :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »
Personally, I don't see the point in having an army of the exact same pony, but I understand armies of same character and different pose or variation (they ARE different). I don't want any doubles at all and that includes different poses and variations - for instance, I couldn't care less about nirvana ponies. If I ever get one by chance - lol - I will definitely sell it to someone who collect them. As for factory errors, I can't complain so far, as I don't really have anything worth mentioning (or anything at all, really). But I don't mind faults on new ponies - it makes them unique and they deserve love too !

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
Doing a multi-generational Minty army here.  Including custom Mintys.  I bought a g3 from someone here, realized when she arrived that she was an upgrade to one I had.  Doy!  Soo, I took the baitier one, de-tinseled her, repinked her hair and plan to pearlize her.  Also have made a BB G1.   
:socks:   :frog:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »
Pinkie Pie army are go!! :silly:

Oh, how I love my Pinkies.. <3
Fight like a girl..

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
If I had more space I would buy every Raincurl I see :)

Armies are great. I'm always impressed by the giant ones. I remember ...oh, what is their name? The collector with the hundreds of Seashells. That's gotta be one of the best armies out there.

I don't think it matters wether one person has 50 of one pony, or 50 people have one each. I love all of my Raincurls, and each one is different, actually. Would someone else be able to tell them apart? Maybe, but I doubt it.

I would love any others just the same ^.^

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Asphodel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »
I dont mind doubles. I style their hair completely differently and i find that helps!
Sometimes I imagine them with a seperate personality too. I mean if Twilight Sparkle can have a brother she never bothered to tell anyone about, she could just as feasably have a twin sister too :lol:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
Oh man, if I had the money and space, I would totally have an army!  But definitely of a common pony, not a rarer one.  It's mean to hog so many, and also a pain in the neck to track down enough for an actual army.  I think an army of Sweetheart Sister Dainty's or of Medleys would be lovely.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal