collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about armies or twins?  (Read 4182 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
How do you feel about armies or twins?
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
So, I'm curious, do you like armies? Do you have any? Or do you prefer as much diversity as possible?

Personally, I've always been of the mindset that I don't even want doubles, to get only one of each pony and really strive for diversity as I don't want a lot of ponies to begin with. Problem is, my beautiful and beloved Diamond Rose has a factory error wonky eye, and I don't know how I feel about getting another one. I would feel so terrible to get rid of the old one in place of a new one with straight eyes, but every time I inspect her eyes, it's just so annoying! She's one of my favorite ponies (her, Plumsweet and Rarity are the gems of my collection <3) so it bothers me she's less than perfect (up until now I've been extremely lucky when it comes to errors on my G4 ponies).

Haha, so much drama over one little pony! Tell me what to do!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: How do you feel about armies or twins?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »
I tend to give my doubles to other collectors or people who will appreciate them, but I DO want a Firefly army <3 Only because I can't get enough of her!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »
I am not really a fan of doubles. I do have very small armies of AJ and rainbow dash, but even then, all my copies of them are different versions of those two ponies.  I don't really understand wanting loads of the exact same toy.  It definitely isn't for me.

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »
Omg, your Diamond Rose has... :muffin: Pony eyes!?!?! That's so cool!  ^.^

Mine came with a factory error too. 1/4 of her tail was super long and the other 3/4 of it was really short. The long part had glue in it too, so I ended up cutting it and now she has a short tail! You can't tell unless you pick her up though. I still love her anyways. :lovey:

Don't get rid of yours! She is so unique and special! You could get another one and they could be twins! The one with the weird eyes could be the ":muffin: Pony" one and the other one could be the "normal" one.

Man, Hasbro should really start focusing on quality control!

Folly

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
I can't STAND having multiples of the exact same pony!  I don't even like having a lot of the same pose in my collection.  's why I stopped collecting G4's for the most part.
I AM in the process of putting together an army though- just a little different from most peoples' armies.  I'm too cheap for it to be very big right now, but I collect lots of different Surprises.  I buy up plain Surprises when I see them and make minor tweaks to them... partial rehairs, stuff like that.  I'm working on a TAF Surprise at the moment.  I want to get a bunch of customs of Surprise as different gens/in different poses eventually, when I have the money.  It's fun!

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
I don't like having doubles or armies, although I have a small unintentional army of Moondancers. I actually don't even like variants because I don't like having multiples, but I can never bring myself to just pick one if I end up with a few slightly different versions of the same one.

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »
I don't have any thing that I'd call an army and generally don't keep doubles. By doubles I mean more then one pony thats exactly the same. I do however collect variants. My unrealistic goal is to have one of every pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »
That's my unrealistic goal too! I do actually collect variants if they're different enough, but, for example, I have two slightly different colored Moonstones with slight variations in the size of their symbols, and I don't want them both, but I can't decide which to keep.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
It depends for me. I LOVE my Sundance/Sunsparkle army and would adore to make it bigger, but I don't want a bunch of truly "identical" ponies. If I get doubles/triples/etc for my army, I want them all to be different. Missing tails, hair cuts, symbol rub, cancer, etc. to set them apart. I also want a small My Pretty Pony army, of color fade variations.

On the other hand, I've got multiple G4 Pinkies and Rarities because of sets, blind bags, FS ponies, etc. I don't really like the doubles and have gotten rid of a lot of them.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »
I came on to the forums during the big Army Swap and I thought everyone's armies were amazing and the swap was amazing.

I already have a Pinkie Pie army going of all different kinds of Pinkie Pies, so I'm cool with armies. If you have a special love for one pony, I don't see the problem with having an army.

My Diamond Rose also has a factory error!  :blink: Her cutie mark is too low. I also have a Merida doll with :muffin: Pony eyes, so I know how annoying it can be. It bothered the heck out of me at first, but then I just smiled and told her it made her unique. Now i don't even notice it. I think you get used to it after a while, but if you want to get a double, get a double. You could always try to fix the eye once you have a double or, if it bothers you enough, sell her or turn her into a great custom.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
I like having twins, but if I have more than that I usually will sell or trade.
I don't have any intentional armies.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

CrimsonEtClover

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
With g-1's, I'm collecting doubles (not actively, though - more by accident) and the doubles all sit up towards the edge of the shelf with their long, luxurious tails all curled and hanging over the edge - so these are the Pretty Rump girls, who usually have a double who can sit with her "family" and face forward so I can see her face.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »
I didin't have an army interest at first.  But then I accidentally got four Baby Surprises (one a custom) and decided I wanted an army of her.  But only different versions of her.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »
I only like armies if it's the same pony  but in different poses so it's not all exactly the same. I have a small Minty army but they're all different. All four of em aren't the same one.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »
I admit that it irks me a bit when I see armies of people who have 30 of a pony (g1) that I am dying to get and can't find. If it's a pony that's really common like Firefly I don't care as much. I'm sure it's just pure jealousy on my part but it bugs me.  :shakefist:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal