collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Update 27/7! ebay member: les_univers_de_steven_et_marie  (Read 8423 times)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Update 27/7! ebay member: les_univers_de_steven_et_marie
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »
Hello guys!

I recently sold a pony on ebay. And all is well, though the buyer contacted me today telling me she's not pleased with the pony's condition. Apperently the head fell off during shipping :shocked: I've had this pony for two monts and never even knew she was glued.
So of course I have offered the buyer either a partial refund or returning the pony for full refund. So my question is, how much should I offer in partial refund?
The pony ended at $35.55
and here's the pic the buyer sent me about the head:

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg602/marypony57/brocantes%20et%20co/P7130002Copier.jpg

She seems really nice and easy to communicate with so I just want to know whats a reasonal amout to offer. ^__^
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:42:59 PM by SweetScoops »
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: how much for a partial refund?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:33:36 AM »
I am glad your buyer is being understanding about the situation.  It's unfortunate but problems do arise sometimes.  I strongly believe though it is all in how you handle it.

And I think you handled it perfectly by offering her two solutions.  As far as a partial it is completely up to you and what you feel might be fair.  I am not overly familiar with the Surprise Newborns price range.  I own one and I got a deal on her because her hair was cut.

But if it were me and this is only my opinion on how I would handle it.  I might offer 1/2 back.  I would also stress to her that you will take it back for a full refund.  I would just try and make sure that she does not feel obligated to keep it if she is not happy.  Because at the end of the day I want my buyer to be satisfied with whatever decision is made.

Good Luck and hope you two can come to a resolution that satisfies you both!  :hug:   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:47 AM »
I would tell her to send the pony back for a full refund and then tell her she can get a 15% discount on her next purchase.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
I was watching that auction & was quite surprised at the ending price. The 2 yellow babies are the hardest to find & most sought after from the Surprise newborn set & the one with the bear symbol is the rarest. I paid around $125 for the one in my collection & sold another for around $100.

I'm not sure what amount would be fair as a partial refund, but if I were in your shoes I'd rather take the pony back & give a full refund. Even in her current condition, I think $35 was a very low price for her.

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »
0.o Ok, I'm looking at that photo, and it honestly looks like someone took a VERY sharp, non-serated knife to that girl and sliced her head off.  Do the UK babies have the ...what do you call it? the extra plastic inside the neck so it's hard to take the heads off? I've never taken one apart, but I can't imagine the head molds are that much different from their US counterparts.

I would think you would have noticed if her head had been chopped off, and resealed on...why does this just not smell right to me?

Personally I'd tell her to send the baby back and you'll fully refund her.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
It's great that you are working to make your buyer happy and that you've given her the two options. everyone makes mistakes/misses things every now and then, but its how we  work to resolve the  issues that matters most :hug:   :bigups:
Personally I would hope she opts for the full refund because the baby is actually worth more than that :awake:  You can wait until your buyer responds  with her preferred solution before you let her know how much of a partial you'd be willing to give. She may actually say how much of a partial she would like, and it might be less than what you'd have suggested  ;) .
I understand what  babylofty is saying though as well - something is a little confusing.  Those babies heads are glued tight with factory glue, in fact they wont normally come off by pulling at the head, heating and softening  etc, you do literally have to cut them off with a sharp knife (hence no neck ring/lip thingy in the pic. They have one but it stays glued to the rim of the neck).  The head therefore has definitely been cut off.  If the head had been taken off by the previous owner then it must have been for a good reason such as tail rust. In that case the washer would be replaced -probably with a cable tie, which would be visible inside now the heads off again. I'd have thought your buyer would have mentioned something like that if she is a collector ,.. and I'd have thought that you would have noticed before if the head had been cut off and re-glued  :huh:   What is your buyers' feedback like? :what:
 Please let us know how things go :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
0.o Ok, I'm looking at that photo, and it honestly looks like someone took a VERY sharp, non-serated knife to that girl and sliced her head off.  Do the UK babies have the ...what do you call it? the extra plastic inside the neck so it's hard to take the heads off? I've never taken one apart, but I can't imagine the head molds are that much different from their US counterparts.

I would think you would have noticed if her head had been chopped off, and resealed on...why does this just not smell right to me?

Personally I'd tell her to send the baby back and you'll fully refund her.

If it's done carefully and correctly it's possible to glue the head back on, but I would never risk that method on such a rare pony - I would remove her head with the neck plug intact. In this case it looks like the knife cut into the upper part of the head, which would most certainly be visible and noticeable. I'm also sort of confused as to why the buyer wouldn't have taken a shot that showed the glue?

I agree with the full refund if she sends the baby back first. This just seems so weird.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:31:23 PM by babystarz »

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »
I would definitely go for the full refund.  Head firmly attached or not that baby is worth so much more!

Also, I find it exceedingly odd that that particular pony would have had a detached head and you not notice it.  The sealing of the heads for that wave of ponies released were very solid - so much so that I personally have exacto knife scars from an attempt to remove one.  There have been a lot of new customizers about lately, so who knows what her intended purpose was when she was sold...

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
I never even tried to feel if her head was'nt attatched O__O I've had som many of these babies all with their heads shut oh-so-tight.
I've offered her return for a full refund after speaking with my hubby about it. So I'll see how she feels about this and awaiting answear, she has been a delight to communicate with! :)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 04:26:18 PM »
There are a couple rubs on the pony too. Did yours have an eye rub and on the teddy bear is a small round rub? Make sure that looks like the pony you sent her to begin with because that head has been cut off.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »
I'd like to share the coversation between me and the buyer, since I feel I need support (this is the first time I'm selling on ebay, and of course I want everything to be great and my buyers too be happy. But I simply can't be to "nice" so I'll loose out on my sellings..)

From buyer:
Hi!
i received my package today and thanks for the quick shipping.
but i'm very disapointed!!! the pony has a big scratch on left eye and on the symbol on the right side but the worst is that the pony come in my house in this condition :
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg602/marypony57/brocantes et co/P7130002Copier.jpg
it seems it was glued to the neck and i can't fix the head now without glue contrary to the others ponies i have...
you said that it was in good condition but it's not true... i'm sad...
so what is your proposition?
see you soon i hope, regards, mary.

From me:
Hello! Thank you for contacing me!
I had no ide the pony-head was glued on when I shipped it. I've had it only for a couple of months and the former seller never did tell me this. I'm so sorry you recieved it like that, and understand your dissappointment.
I usually don't do partial refunds. But I'd be willing to work something out with you.
Or you can send the pony back to me for a full refund.
Let me know how you feel about this :)
Kind regards

From buyer:
Hello,
I really want to keep this pony because i'm looking for him for so long and I will try to fix his head again.
So if you give me a refund of half of the price it would be ok for me. Tell me if it's also ok for you.
Kind regards,
Marie

From me
Hello again!
Considering the value of the baby - even with her head of, I'd like to offer you to return it for a full refund instead.
Let me know if you want to keep her or send her back.
Thank you again for contacting me :)

From buyer
Hello,
I really want to keep this pony because i'm looking for him for so long and I have fix his head again.
It's not very pretty because of the glue. So I will add a ribbon.
If you give me a refund of half of the price it would be ok for me.
Tell me if it's also ok for you.
Kind regards,
Marie

From me:
Hello again!
I'll only offer return for full refund. So let me know if you want to keep the pony or return it for full refund.
Kind regards

From buyer:
hi!
i don't understand your reaction and messages...
in the first message you tell me :
"I usually don't do partial refunds. But I'd be willing to work something out with you.
Or you can send the pony back to me for a full refund. "
so i say to you that i don't want a total refund and a return but just the half price refund and now you say no...
( for return you the pony, i have costs and this money is lost for me... in all situations I'm losing... )
i'm very sad!...

My last message:
I understand your frustration.
I've been checking with fellow collectors over at the mlparena, I don't know if you are a member there? If you are you should be able to see the thread in the 'trader support'-forum. My username there is also sweetscoops.
The pony is worth way more than the auction ended so giving you a partial refund would be uneconomial and I do not usually (as I wrote in my first message) give partial refunds. So I'm offering you a return for full refund according to ebay rules. Hope you understand this :) As said earlier you can choose to keep the pony or send it back for refund.
Kind regards
---

I'm awaiting answear on this last message. Is something I wrote wrong or have I been unclear or rude? :/  I do understand her frustration, but I can't afford loosing out on my sellings right now or complicate them. I'm also going on vacation in a couple of days and would love to solve this before I go  :(

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
No, you haven't been unclear or rude, this person just seems to be trying to guilt-trip you into giving her a partial refund so she can keep the pony for a ridiculously low price (even considering the head issue). You are in no way required to give a partial refund, and since you have offered the full refund eBay will find in your favor if the case is opened and have the buyer send the pony back for that full refund.

The buyer's insistence on the partial refund makes me even more skeptical about her motives, to be honest. If the buyer continues to try to angle for the partial refund, just keep politely stating that you can only offer the full refund with the return of the pony.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:59:25 PM by babystarz »

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »
Thank you!
It's nice to know I've handeled it as I should ^__^ it's easy to get insecure dealing on a new place like ebay :/ I'm so thankful to all you amazing arena members for the support and tips <3

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 02:29:32 PM »
No problem, that's what we're here for! And I know what you mean about it being easy to start feeling like you're doing something wrong without backup :)

I should also mention, if you think it will keep the buyer happy, you could offer to reimburse her for shipping both ways. You do not have to do this at all, but sometimes eating these costs is worth it to prevent negative feedback from being left.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »
Hmm reading those messages says big red flag to me... sounds kind of like a scam artist in my opinion.  But beware if she opens a case against you, Ebay likes to screw over sellers and they will probably refund her money but not require tracking information as proof that she returned it to you... I hate Ebay :-/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal