collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45277 times)

LizbethDawn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1080 on: July 18, 2012, 07:14:03 PM »
I would say some of the new ones came in. Ebay went from 71 items to 110 when I search SDCC under toys and then go to my little pony.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
yeah and the lowest "buy it now" is $107 shipped... >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 18, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
She's an EXCLUSIVE!  What part of that are people not grasping.  They make these ponies as a treat for special events. They won't be re-run, or they wouldn't be exclusive any more.  There is a very slim chance she may show up on shelves in Singapore or somewhere like that, but that kind of thing is never intentional on Hasbro's behalf.  The exclusives ALWAYS sell out.  If you think that they will do it because she's more popular than previous years ponies, look at other lines of exclusives.  GI Joe and Transformers are ALWAYS as popular as this pony is this year, they NEVER re-run them. 

I'm with you here, Eevee. Exclusive items are limited edition items. Exclusive items sell out. That is kind of the whole point.  They are not designed to me made in mass numbers so everyone can get them. Sure it's always disappointing when people who really want one didn't get one, but that's just part of the game. We do what we can to get them ourselves and to help out our fellow collectors, but at the end of the day when it's gone it's gone. I think a lot of people just didn't expect it so fast with this years pony because the previous years haven't sold an insanely fast, but they still sell out eventually and they don't remake them.

*sigh* again I never said they should or would I said it surprises me they wouldn't.   There really was no need to her to get so snarky about it, it was just a thought about Hasbro being a company and how companies are there to make money. 

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1083 on: July 18, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
I'm very sad that I missed a chance to get the non-TaoBao version with the pretty box, but I would feel worse for anyone who spent 10s or even 100+ dollars on an exclusive pony, only for her to be rereleased at the retail level :( But she's so popular, we might start seeing brushables or other merch like people have been saying!

When you think about it, the brushable Sweetie Swirl doesn't actually have a name does she? She's just "Bonus Unicorn Pony" in Rarity's carousel. Maybe we will see a Ditzy bonus pony packaged with Rainbow Dash's Hypothetical Airborn Fashion Show or something! The kids love Rainbow Dash!

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1084 on: July 18, 2012, 07:24:44 PM »
My mom was a bit taken back that I'd spent a total of $30 on Ditzy.  "OMG! Isn't that kinda high for a pony?!"  I pulled up my ebay app on my phone and went to rattling off ended auction prices.  One went for just under $160.  She thought I did pretty darn good after that! XD
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Flutterblossom

« Reply #1085 on: July 18, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
Yeah, one of my sisters bought a BIN for $60 on Sunday, and I keep thinking about what a good deal that was... I thought it was too expensive at that time and I wanted her to wait until they went up on HTS... Good thing she bought it since I was not able to get her one because of the limit. And the prices on eBay have been through the roof lately.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #1086 on: July 18, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
Congrats to those who got her! :) Hoping those of you who got extras help out the people who missed out.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 18, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
Yeah, one of my sisters bought a BIN for $60 on Sunday, and I keep thinking about what a good deal that was... I thought it was too expensive at that time and I wanted her to wait until they went up on HTS... Good thing she bought it since I was not able to get her one because of the limit. And the prices on eBay have been through the roof lately.

Same here...I was about to hit BIN for $60, but figured I'd wait a bit to see if the prices drop.  Now, I'm having second thoughts.  Oh well!  Prices will level out eventually.  =)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 18, 2012, 08:55:58 PM »
I'm nervous. My HTS purchase hasn't shown up in my bank account yet. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that I'm just being paranoid.

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
I swallowed it and BIN'd one at $60 shipped a few days ago as my daughter wanted her very badly. I was having buyers remorse until I saw that prices kept going up! I got nervous that the seller would cancel the transaction like the one I bought Zecora from did. However, saw that it was shipped and in route to me. So excited!

sweetsong100

« Reply #1090 on: July 18, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »
I'm so mad at myself for not catching her on time...lol, I kept refreshing the site, but no, something else came up. I guess I may have to give into eBay, after a while to get it. As much as I hate to pay rediculous prices to scalpers who didn't give others a chance to get one.

I wonder if the popularity will fade with the non collectors or people who just want the popular ponies and couldn't care less about the others out there, where will those "grey Pegasus ponies" go. I'm sure they'll move onto something else, and she'll end up in thrift shops or ruined...idk, just a thought.

Offline RavenFeather

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »
As a thought, what if they did release a normal fashion style :muffin: Pony?

But she'd be exclusive to the site, but in normal Fashion style boxing, and in the style of a fashion style with some fashions and maybe muffin barrettes to wear?  And to tell them apart, the cutie mark would go on the opposite side, and the eyes could be flip-flopped as well (The one pointing up points down and the one pointing down points up)  Love to see maybe a Brushable sized one as well!!

I mean, yeah sure Transformers big Comic Con toy this year was Bruticus, but he has normal releases as well.  Just not quite the same as the comic con version, my theory is kind of the same concept.  same pony, just altered enough for people to look and say 'Oh, that is a retail version.'
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 19, 2012, 06:17:36 AM »
I'm so mad at myself for not catching her on time...lol, I kept refreshing the site, but no, something else came up. I guess I may have to give into eBay, after a while to get it. As much as I hate to pay rediculous prices to scalpers who didn't give others a chance to get one.

I wonder if the popularity will fade with the non collectors or people who just want the popular ponies and couldn't care less about the others out there, where will those "grey Pegasus ponies" go. I'm sure they'll move onto something else, and she'll end up in thrift shops or ruined...idk, just a thought.

I'm sure people who got her know her value (they had to pay at least $20 to get her after all), so when those types of people get bored with her no doubt she'll go up on ebay rather than thrift shops.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 19, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
I was totally stuck in class when she hit HTS so I'm kinda disappointed. I'm hoping she comes back into stock today as I'll be on a computer most of the day... Crossing my fingers. If not, I'll just wait for those ridculous eBay prices to even out. Btw, congrats to all who managed to snag her!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 19, 2012, 06:46:09 AM »
I was totally stuck in class when she hit HTS so I'm kinda disappointed. I'm hoping she comes back into stock today as I'll be on a computer most of the day... Crossing my fingers. If not, I'll just wait for those ridculous eBay prices to even out. Btw, congrats to all who managed to snag her!
I'm in the same boat right now lol. eBay is tempting because I know she's there, but the prices are nuts. Last year's exclusives are down to pretty reasonable prices, and I'm hoping she'll do the same eventually.

And major congrats to those who had the Pony Gods on their sides!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal