collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45417 times)

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1065 on: July 18, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
I saw on another forum that the waiting list was bogus.

The waiting list was probably so people wouldn't try after they herd that. More of a chance for them.

Yeah, maybe.

What I am wondering is why Hasbro spelled the "little" in my little pony as "LITTLY". I didn't see her at first because I searched "my little pony", and she didn't come up. It could just be a spelling error, or perhaps a way to avoid a huge rush, crashing their servers. I'm sure a lot of people who searched "my little pony" and weren't following forums didn't notice her until she sold out.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 18, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
It surprises me that Hasbro wouldn't do another run of her if they were looking for profits.  I mean they sold out at the fair, and at the comic con very very quickly then sold out online faster then I think even they anticipated. I know it would anger some people because it would decrease the value but honestly as a collector I don't do it for the value of my stuff.  It's because they remind me of a happy carefree time of my life.  At $20 a pony they could make a killing just making 500-1000 more of them.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1067 on: July 18, 2012, 06:25:15 PM »
It surprises me that Hasbro wouldn't do another run of her if they were looking for profits.  I mean they sold out at the fair, and at the comic con very very quickly then sold out online faster then I think even they anticipated. I know it would anger some people because it would decrease the value but honestly as a collector I don't do it for the value of my stuff.  It's because they remind me of a happy carefree time of my life.  At $20 a pony they could make a killing just making 500-1000 more of them.

She's an EXCLUSIVE!  What part of that are people not grasping.  They make these ponies as a treat for special events. They won't be re-run, or they wouldn't be exclusive any more.  There is a very slim chance she may show up on shelves in Singapore or somewhere like that, but that kind of thing is never intentional on Hasbro's behalf.  The exclusives ALWAYS sell out.  If you think that they will do it because she's more popular than previous years ponies, look at other lines of exclusives.  GI Joe and Transformers are ALWAYS as popular as this pony is this year, they NEVER re-run them. 

Sorry if I sound snarky, but it really isn't going to happen.  The best you can hope for is a design change, or a brushable.  But there is a reason they chose to do this pony for the cons, so I doubt that will happen too.

Offline slj84

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 18, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
I didn't say Hasbro will I said it surprises me... There is a difference.  My point was that it all comes down the all mighty dollar and again it "surprises me" that Hasbro wouldn't take advantage of this. 

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 18, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
i just ended up buying on on ebay for $60. it annoys me that i went to the orlando pony con, and came home without the exclusive.. now the toy shop is sold out. i just figure if they come available again. ill pop her back onto ebay..

And as it turns out, $60 isn't that bad (that sounds awful...!). She wound up costing me $30 with shipping and sales tax, and it will wind up costing my UK pony pal (who I got her for; fortunately got mine at the fair with ticket package) closer to, I'm guessing, $50 til we add postage for that giant box. Ugh.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 18, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
I basically sent them back a message saying that there generic copy and pasted response did nothing to answer the problem with people getting glitches during checkout. 

Having worked in customer service for a website, I know what it's like first hand.  You have to imagine how many emails you have to answer EVERY DAY.  It's hundreds upon hundreds, and that's all you do all day.  Everyone keeps asking about the same 4 things, they are often pissed at something that you personally had nothing to do with, and it just takes WAY too much time to answer every email individually.  I made my own form letters for all the basics, because it was the only way to respond to everyone.  Otherwise, you would be waiting for weeks.  I don't think you can blame a company as big as hasbro for using form letters.  And they did reply to you saying that they were working to improve it for next year's comic con.

I seriously doubt that they would do that (at leats not a FS).  In fact, I would be shocked.  It defeats the point of making an exclusive, and I've never seen hasbro re-release an exclusive anything.  Just think of the hype, and all the other items that were sold on the HTS while people were waiting.  From a marketing standpoint, it worked  well for them.

I hope the prices come down in the following weeks, for those of you who missed out.  I'm sure the prices are about at their peek.  Good luck!!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1071 on: July 18, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »
I hope the prices come down in the following weeks, for those of you who missed out.  I'm sure the prices are about at their peek.  Good luck!!

I agree, post con is always insane.  People freak out and go hunting like crazy, the people who have them dole them out slowly.  Eventually it will even out.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 18, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »
Sorry if I sound snarky, but it really isn't going to happen.  The best you can hope for is a design change, or a brushable.  But there is a reason they chose to do this pony for the cons, so I doubt that will happen too.

Yeah there's really no 'if' to that apology, just FYI.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 18, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
I missed out on her as well :( I've been stalking Hasbro's website (and lurking on this thread) since early Monday morning. But she went up sometime between when I left for work this morning and my first break. The extra crappy thing is that my dad was checking HTS all day for me yesterday too, when I was at work, and he would have been home to do that today too except that he went to visit my grandma today (instead of Thursday when he ALWAYS goes) so if he hadn't rescheduled with my grandma, he might have been able to snag one for me. My friend who went to Comic Con was also unable to get one for me. What a bummer. At least I'm in good company though, lol. Congratulations to the lucky few who got her, and my sympathies to the rest of us :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1074 on: July 18, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »
I'd like to see an alternate release with a different packaging maybe? I'm guessing the regular release of Zecora will be in a differently styled box than her SDCC version. I'm sure Hasbro has learnt how many people want to own (Bubblecup), and it's not Hasbro is getting all the profits scalpers are making. I'm maybe being a bit overly hopeful, but it's all I can do.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1075 on: July 18, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
There's no way Hasbro will make another run of her in Fashion Styling form . . . Maybe they will eventually make her in blind bag or in smaller brushable form, or a Fashion Styling of her with different color hair or body or something..  But not in this form.  She's an exclusive, her purpose is not to make as much money as possible from selling lots of units of her, but to serve as a neat, limited figure.

If Hasbro did another run of her, it would erode confidence in every exclusive they put out in the future in every one of their fandoms.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline slj84

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 18, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
Hopefully no one is taking it out on the customer service reps as I know they are not at fault.  The problem is when they send out a mass email you wonder how many are actually getting read and how many changes are actually going to be made at corporate.  I have been collecting for many many years now and have seen Hasbro screw over customers a lot, and all they ever say is sorry, too bad for you.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1077 on: July 18, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
I did manage to buy one when she went on sale this afternoon because I wanted to snag her while I could to pass on to someone. I figured even if I wasn't buying her for me I should try and get one while I could to at least keep it in the arena community rather than a reseller getting it. She's already been promised a new home with an arena member who has been trying to get a hold of her for ages, so I feel great that I was able to help them out :)
That was nice of you!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1078 on: July 18, 2012, 07:09:55 PM »
She's an EXCLUSIVE!  What part of that are people not grasping.  They make these ponies as a treat for special events. They won't be re-run, or they wouldn't be exclusive any more.  There is a very slim chance she may show up on shelves in Singapore or somewhere like that, but that kind of thing is never intentional on Hasbro's behalf.  The exclusives ALWAYS sell out.  If you think that they will do it because she's more popular than previous years ponies, look at other lines of exclusives.  GI Joe and Transformers are ALWAYS as popular as this pony is this year, they NEVER re-run them. 

I'm with you here, Eevee. Exclusive items are limited edition items. Exclusive items sell out. That is kind of the whole point.  They are not designed to me made in mass numbers so everyone can get them. Sure it's always disappointing when people who really want one didn't get one, but that's just part of the game. We do what we can to get them ourselves and to help out our fellow collectors, but at the end of the day when it's gone it's gone. I think a lot of people just didn't expect it so fast with this years pony because the previous years haven't sold an insanely fast, but they still sell out eventually and they don't remake them.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:12:12 PM by NoDivision »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 18, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
I did manage to buy one when she went on sale this afternoon because I wanted to snag her while I could to pass on to someone. I figured even if I wasn't buying her for me I should try and get one while I could to at least keep it in the arena community rather than a reseller getting it. She's already been promised a new home with an arena member who has been trying to get a hold of her for ages, so I feel great that I was able to help them out :)
That was nice of you!

I agree! A+ for being an awesome, caring, generous person. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal