collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 46095 times)

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1035 on: July 18, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
I think as a general rule, SDCC exclusives aren't released generally, because that makes them not "exclusive" anymore.  I have seen, with Uglydolls for example, that sometimes the same SDCC exclusive is also offered at the NY Comic Con in the fall. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 18, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
I basically sent them back a message saying that there generic copy and pasted response did nothing to answer the problem with people getting glitches during checkout.  That if customer service was truly their number one priority then they would be doing something more to assure us that this problem will not happen again the the future, and that they would be nice to offer those with cart glitches that caused them to miss out first chance at the cancelled orders.

As for those that ordered 2 or three without realizing the limit, don't feel bad about it.  The thing I think that is frustrating most people are the resellers, not those that had the good intentions of getting one for a friend or for those overseas.  I'm watching eBay like a hawk right now and I am betting in a few days there are going to be sellers with 5-6 of them because they managed to trick the system even with Hasbro deleting multiple orders. 

Just crossings fingers that when/if she goes back up all of us dissapointed will have a better chance.

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1037 on: July 18, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »
I can't believe I missed her... Cursed doctor appointment! ;_;

And, I have a feeling they may release her in the future as one of the smaller scale brushables.
Hasbro has actually said they love her, she was even front and center on all those Comic Con posters!

One can only hope though!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #1038 on: July 18, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
As for those that ordered 2 or three without realizing the limit, don't feel bad about it.  The thing I think that is frustrating most people are the resellers, not those that had the good intentions of getting one for a friend or for those overseas.  I'm watching eBay like a hawk right now and I am betting in a few days there are going to be sellers with 5-6 of them because they managed to trick the system even with Hasbro deleting multiple orders. 

Just crossings fingers that when/if she goes back up all of us dissapointed will have a better chance.

I think she will definatly be going back up. What else would Hasbro do with the other :muffin: Ponies people ordered multiples of (like me) but they cancelled?

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 18, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »
I hate to be annoying because I know many others are going to post this, but... if someone does get more than one and wants to sell it, please let me know :( *hopeful*

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 18, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »
I never saw her as "mentally challenged" or anything like that. That's society trying to ruin everything by being "politically correct". You can make negative connotations for everything if you look hard enough.

Imo you can't be too "politically correct" about anything. Because being "politically correct" actually means being courteous to all peoples, not just what one person (myself) thinks. If people raise an objection it shouldn't be dismissed just because "you yourself" isn't personally offended. It might offend someone else. I personally find that being "politically correct" = not being an arse.

I checked this thread on my phone at work and could not believe Bubbles was sold out so fast. My mind is seriously blown. I can't believe one is being shipped (from eBay) right now...I never get this HTF stuff. Everything I get is usually rubbish o_0

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 18, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
Yeah she may go back up but if you're not on there right then she will sell out again quickly I'm sure.  And I can't keep checking for another 3 days........  Oh well as long as more are available it may help lower prices on ebay.  Around $120 now!!!

This is the first time I have missed a fair/cc pony.  Very upsetting.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 18, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »
Me too sheena!  I have all the others as well.

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 18, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
Yeah she may go back up but if you're not on there right then she will sell out again quickly I'm sure.  And I can't keep checking for another 3 days........  Oh well as long as more are available it may help lower prices on ebay.  Around $120 now!!!

This is the first time I have missed a fair/cc pony.  Very upsetting.
Me as well :( *sobs*

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 18, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »
So this thread is like 70 pages, and I was wondering did Ditzy Doo ever show up on the Hasbro's website for sale?  I bought mine for $55 off ebay on Saturday because I was just couldn't wait.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 18, 2012, 04:39:40 PM »
So this thread is like 70 pages, and I was wondering did Ditzy Doo ever show up on the Hasbro's website for sale?  I bought mine for $55 off ebay on Saturday because I was just couldn't wait.

Yep, for 10 minutes. And then she was sold out.

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
Hey look, my 500th post, what a way to celebrate *cries even more* :*(***

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1047 on: July 18, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
wow, I go to bed! I actually already have her in box and as a prototype, so I wasn't actually planning on buying her, but I wanted to see what other exclusives would be available, and there is NOTHING left.  I have never seen them sell out of everything this fast before.  I was sure Jem would sit around for at least a day, he appeal is so limited with her price and the narrow target market.  I am so happy that I had prismatic pick that doll up for me at the con.  I nearly didn't ask her to do it. 

OnBook

« Reply #1048 on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
wow, I go to bed! I actually already have her in box and as a prototype, so I wasn't actually planning on buying her, but I wanted to see what other exclusives would be available, and there is NOTHING left.  I have never seen them sell out of everything this fast before.  I was sure Jem would sit around for at least a day, he appeal is so limited with her price and the narrow target market.  I am so happy that I had prismatic pick that doll up for me at the con.  I nearly didn't ask her to do it. 

Jem was actually the very first thing to sell out! I was a bit stunned.

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1049 on: July 18, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »
I think as a general rule, SDCC exclusives aren't released generally, because that makes them not "exclusive" anymore.  I have seen, with Uglydolls for example, that sometimes the same SDCC exclusive is also offered at the NY Comic Con in the fall. 

^THIS.  If they mass produced her, it kinda defeats the purpose of her being an exclusive.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal