collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45409 times)

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is hasbrotoyshop down for anyone else right now?
« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
I made a new signature picture if anyone wants it:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8782/derpwatchover2.jpg[/img]
Looking on the forum, the first person to post 'she's up!' was at 12:08 PM Eastern, and the first person (and my own experience) show 'she's down!' at 12:19 PM, so yeah, gone in about 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:04:26 PM by Bronley »

Flutterblossom

« Reply #961 on: July 18, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
I figured out why she didn't show up in the search results for "My Little Pony". On the website, she is listed as "MY LITTLY PONY 2012 Special Edition Pony". Hasbro mispelled "Little", lol.

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 18, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
Hmm I'll keep an eye out then. There's a good chance mine will be cancelled too.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 18, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »
Hmm I'll keep an eye out then. There's a good chance mine will be cancelled too.

I'm missing something, why would your order be cancelled?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 18, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »

It says "Limit of 1 Per household"  and Hasbro does check orders for same-addresses and cancels multiples.   

Offline ebmerc

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 18, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »

By some miracle I did two separate orders like Flutterblossom and some others did.  I'm expecting my second order may be cancelled since it was mentioned earlier in the thread that Hasbro is canceling double orders due to the one per household restriction.  I got the second in hopes of getting an extra for dollhands who is a arena member located in New Zealand.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 18, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »
Oh right.  ^_^  Hoping that she'll pop back into stock!  But I doubt it.  I don't have time to sit and watch for her all day.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
I noticed mine has 7/19 listed as the expected ship date. I wonder if they'll actually ship out that fast.

Does anyone know what shipping service (UPS, FedEx, etc) that Hasbro uses? I've only ordered from them once (last year's SDCC pony), but I don't remember how she arrived. I hope it's not FedEx. I hate FedEx.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »

A lot of people, including myself, ordered more than one :muffin: Pony when they popped up. At the bottom of the page with :muffin: Pony on it, it said limit one per household. Since I didn't see that part until after I ordered, I thought it was one per order. A few people posted on the Arena that they got multiples, even with that one per household limit. Also, many people had her in their cart but couldn't check out due to an error. So the people who couldn't get one complained to Hasbro Customer Service about people getting multiples then Hasbro started canceling the multiple orders.

Offline ebmerc

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »

A lot of people, including myself, ordered more than one Ditzy Doo when they popped up. At the bottom of the page with Ditzy Doo on it, it said limit one per household. Since I didn't see that part until after I ordered, I thought it was one per order. A few people posted on the Arena that they got multiples, even with that one per household limit. Also, many people had her in their cart but couldn't check out due to an error. So the people who couldn't get one complained to Hasbro Customer Service about people getting multiples then Hasbro started canceling the multiple orders.

I totally didn't notice the 1 per until after I made my second order and felt pretty sheepish.

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 12:26:56 PM

I noticed mine has 7/19 listed as the expected ship date. I wonder if they'll actually ship out that fast.

Does anyone know what shipping service (UPS, FedEx, etc) that Hasbro uses? I've only ordered from them once (last year's SDCC pony), but I don't remember how she arrived. I hope it's not FedEx. I hate FedEx.

When I've ordered before I did it with free shipping and my packages came through USPS.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »
"My Littly Pony" . . . ha ha ha, classic!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 18, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »

A lot of people, including myself, ordered more than one Ditzy Doo when they popped up. At the bottom of the page with Ditzy Doo on it, it said limit one per household. Since I didn't see that part until after I ordered, I thought it was one per order. A few people posted on the Arena that they got multiples, even with that one per household limit. Also, many people had her in their cart but couldn't check out due to an error. So the people who couldn't get one complained to Hasbro Customer Service about people getting multiples then Hasbro started canceling the multiple orders.

I doubt Hasbro would put the warning there, then just not bother to check for multiple ponies going to the same address. I don't think it had anything to do with people pointing it out, they've canceled multiple orders in the past as well.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #972 on: July 18, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
I've been thinking alot about this Derpyy thing. The fans in the community say that Hasbro is "stupid" for not making enough to meet demand. But I don't think that's right. I think hasbro is EXTREMELY smart. Selling out of Derpyy in 10 minutes flat just makes you want her more, doesn't it? DOESN'T IT?!

What they're doing is creating even MORE demand. It's absolute GENIUS from a marketing standpoint.

Maybe it's because I come from an advertising background, but I see the comicon Derpyy as Hasbro "testing the waters" with Derpyy to see how well she does. My prediction is that the Comicon Derpyy will be a limited edition, but that since she passed their little "marketing test" with flying colors, that you'll be seeing merchandise of her popping up all over the place in stores like Hot Topic and FYE, stores that market toys to adults.

I mean, look at Gir from Invader Zim. Nickelodeon would let hot topic slap him on toilet seat covers if they thought the crazy gir-fangirls would eat it up. I predict that we'll see something very similar with Derpyy. Her name may have offended, but the pony herself is a money printing machine for hasbro. And they know that.

It sucks that a bunch of people missed out. But I hope you guys and gals don't think that Ditzy Doo is going to be a never-again-exclusive. The fashion style one might be the G4 equivalent of Rapunzel... but now that Hasbro is POSITIVE that they have struck gold with this character, they're going to market the living bejeepers out of her.

My point...
Please don't feel so bad about missing out. I felt terrible about missing out on the prototype Ditzy Doo because I thought I'd never get my chance at one. ... and now she's all over ebay if you're willing to pay for her.

I could be totally wrong, but I believe you'll all get a chance to own a derpyy, even if it's not the FS style sized one. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:40:05 PM by xkappax »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »

I doubt Hasbro would put the warning there, then just not bother to check for multiple ponies going to the same address. I don't think it had anything to do with people pointing it out, they've canceled multiple orders in the past as well.

This is true -- it happens every year with the SDCC exclusives, and not just with pony orders.  It doesn't have anything to do with other people complaining.  They know it's going to happen. It just takes them awhile to sort through all the orders and cancel the multiples. 

Flutterblossom

« Reply #974 on: July 18, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

This is true -- it happens every year with the SDCC exclusives, and not just with pony orders.  It doesn't have anything to do with other people complaining.  They know it's going to happen. It just takes them awhile to sort through all the orders and cancel the multiples.

Oh, ok. It just seems like they were "motivated" to do it faster because of the people complaining. I was stupid for not reading the bottom anyway...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal