collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45058 times)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is hasbrotoyshop down for anyone else right now?
« Reply #900 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
If they enforce the "one per household" rule and only ship once to each address, do you think that means they'll have more to put up on the site later? I wonder.

Vesperline

« Reply #901 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »
Do you think they'll restock any more, or is that it? I'm sad that so many people had to deal with glitches and got ganked in the end.

Possible they could restock any orders they cancel that were over the 1 per household limit.  But who knows when those would pop up.  Otherwise they are gone.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »
my only chance now is prismatics order i do hope the multiples ship to her

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »
Do you think they'll restock any more, or is that it? I'm sad that so many people had to deal with glitches and got ganked in the end.

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 10:07:57 AM

Yep. They shouldn't have bothered with the limit at all.
Lol, then they'd be sold out in 2 minutes instead of 12
It's a hit and miss thing. Last year's pony randomly popped up a number of times, but Ditzy Doo is a whole different beast. If they go through and uphold their one per household limit and cancel multiple orders, there's a chance she can go back into stock.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
Well, the site is getting a HEAVY strain from all sorts of people getting stuff (and going around the one per household rule), so Hasbro can't be at fault for that. No matter how much you beef up a server, people are going to be using proxies, and being horrible people to screw other's over.

That said if only they had Pay After Delivery from PayPal I could have grabbed her. I won't have money until Friday or Saturday ;o;/

That true, but the limit put in place was one per household. The system should be able to see when two or three of the same toy is being sent to the same address. If proxies, etc were used to have them sent to different locations, that would be different.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #905 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
odd ive been scoping out hasbros site all morning and it popped up as out of stock. darn. guess they are releasing them in small waves

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »
Well, the site is getting a HEAVY strain from all sorts of people getting stuff (and going around the one per household rule), so Hasbro can't be at fault for that. No matter how much you beef up a server, people are going to be using proxies, and being horrible people to screw other's over.

That said if only they had Pay After Delivery from PayPal I could have grabbed her. I won't have money until Friday or Saturday ;o;/

That true, but the limit put in place was one per household. The system should be able to see when two or three of the same toy is being sent to the same address. If proxies, etc were used to have them sent to different locations, that would be different.

Yes, it should have... Hasbro is probably having too much faith in people to abide by their rules (not just for Ditzy, but for all of their SDCC stuff) and made that you can't increase the quantity in each separate order. But when it gets run through as a new order it doesn't actually process an order was JUST made for that address. And proxies are just used to get past all the lag so people can do it faster, from my understanding on other toy sites.

Vesperline

« Reply #907 on: July 18, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
odd ive been scoping out hasbros site all morning and it popped up as out of stock. darn. guess they are releasing them in small waves

Doubtful, that should have been all of them.  I doubt they had many left over from CC.  My understanding is they have to retain a small amount by CA law, so they probably had the bare minimum that requires left anyways.  And people have been camping the site for days now.  Not too surprising they'd run out within five minutes.

OnBook

« Reply #908 on: July 18, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »
For those of you that missed out. Try calling customer service! One of the Transformers guys is saying there's a callback list for any spares that go back into the pool because people ordered multiples. I don't know how accurate that is, but it can't hurt?

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »

Yes, it should have... Hasbro is probably having too much faith in people to abide by their rules (not just for Ditzy, but for all of their SDCC stuff) and made that you can't increase the quantity in each separate order. But when it gets run through as a new order it doesn't actually process an order was JUST made for that address. And proxies are just used to get past all the lag so people can do it faster, from my understanding on other toy sites.

True enough, just a bit sad that Hasbro didn't take extra precautions. I shouldn't be whining so much seeing as I was able to order one, but I just feel bad for those who weren't able to get them when others were able to buy multiples. If regular folks were able to skirt around the rule, I can't even imagine what experienced scalpers were able to do.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:17 AM »
*comes back from picking up lunch for herself and her boss*

Aha, I have confirmation email! And yet I'm still anxious... I won't stop being anxious until I pick up the box at the post office and she's in my hand. XD

I'm really sorry for those that camped out with us but didn't get one. >.< I can't believe she sold out so quick! I thought she would still be here when I got back from lunch pick-up.

For the record, I ordered using Internet Explorer, had my account signed in and credit card info in there ahead of time, and I didn't have any problem ordering. I hit Check out and it went through without much lag at all as soon as the first person posted here that she was up. (I was refreshing this thread more than I was refreshing the HTS website lol!)

@Prismatic: You are so nice, to camp out this long and trying so hard to get them, all for the people on your Arena order list. *hug*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #911 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
I'm sorry some of you guys didn't get one.  :(  But I think the shopping cart bugging out is just due to the fact that their site can't handle the traffic after SDCC.  I mean, Hasbro has their flaws, but I can see this one from their perspective . . . a website that does find 364 days out of the year and goes kind of wonky 1 day out of the year is probably not too bad as far as they are concerned.  I am not trying to diminish the feelings of people who are frustrated, but believe me when I say it was a million times worse just a few years ago.  Like, you were lucky if you could get the site to come up . . . and then you were lucky if you could get to the item you were interested in . . . and then you were lucky if you could get it into your shopping basket . . . and then you were lucky if you could enter your credit card # . . . and then you were lucky if you could get through the next three pages to make it go through.

Yeah, the "one item per household, oh but you can actually order it more than once in separate orders" thing is strange.  You would think that could be corrected.  I do not think they will manually go back and delete orders, based on my "baker's dozen 2007" experience.

I think it was site traffic that made shopping carts glitch out--I was already a member and was signed in and my order went through without a problem.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #912 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
I don't think that's all of them.. it also goes by supply and demand. they will make more or some sort of general release of her as well. they are stupid for making this the exclusive pony..

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »
So it wasn't just me having the "unable to load" error with their shopping cart?

Does this merit an angry letter to Hasbroken? I'm thinking yes. Who the hell has such a crappy check-out system, anyway? What's the point of signing up for an account if it affords you LESS SERVICE in the pursuit of an exclusive?! PS still pissed
I had the same frickin' problem. And I have every intention of writing a really pissed email. Sooo dissapointed right now!

I think I might too. I mean - what's the point of signing up to THEIR SITE if it means you get LESS SERVICE? :/ I'm really, really not okay with this. And, no offense to anyone else - but if their 'one perhousehold' plan is working so well, how come so many people got multiples? That probably goes double for resellers.
Yeah, what was the point of the limit, then?

Exactly. And yes, I'm bitter as hell right now - but if Hasbro says "the limit is one" and I got 0 and someone else got around the limit super friggin' easily, then yeah, Hasbro needs to freakin' check themselves before they wreck themselves.

Pissed email is in process. Shall we make this the pissed email-writing thread? ;)
Email sent. And I'm not trying to be mean to those who got mulitples, but I'm sad that you guys were able to get 2 or 3 while some of us couldn't even get the one we were allowed.

Exactly! I understand getting multiples (I would have too, I have sisters and friends who want one!), but ... if the rule was one per person, and I got NONE while people got two or three, yeah, I'm gonna feel ripped off. :/ Especially since I've been sitting here, for three days, for hours, with BRONCHITIS, and I got nothing.
Yep. They shouldn't have bothered with the limit at all.

Alright, angry (but very polite!) email sent.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #914 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:53 AM »
I am very very sorry for any of you guys who camped out with us for the past three days and didn't get one.  :( We had such a good time waiting though. You guys are awesome!  :grouphug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal