collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Exclusive Pony, Could I get some help?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
SDCC Exclusive Pony, Could I get some help?
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »
I'm planning on trying to get FS Ditzy this year from Comic Con and I have a couple questions. I've been to Comic Con many times but this'll be my first year buying any kind of exclusive from there and I'm completely clueless on how to do it. I heard you have to get a ticket to even wait in line. Where can I get a ticket, and around what time do they begin giving them out? Any advice from those who have gotten ponies from previous years?

I appreciate any help. I'm really hoping to get Ditzy Doo this year, and I really want to make sure I have everything planned out before we get to the convention so we don't miss out while wandering and asking around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Exclusive Pony, Could I get some help?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »
She's proving very hard to get this year.  Read up here...for some info.   =)

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,297609.0.html

There's a limit of 3 per person total this year for Ditzy Doo and they're scanning badges as you purchase them.  If by chance you do get to purchase one though, and you would be willing to pick up an extra one for me - plmk!  I could pay you via paypal ASAP.  :)  Good luck with the conference!!!

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:49:11 PM »

There's a limit of 3 per person total this year for Ditzy Doo and they're scanning badges as you purchase them.  If by chance you do get to purchase one though, and you would be willing to pick up an extra one for me - plmk!  I could pay you via paypal ASAP.  :)  Good luck with the conference!!!
Thank you for the link, that's some really helpful info. ^^ I'm guessing they'll be giving out the tickets when the convention opens. Maybe I'll bring a book and see if I can camp out a little early. :silly:

Sadly, as much as I'd love to help others get their Ditzy Doo, I'm not over 16 and can't sell on the Arena. My apologies :(

xoVanille

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:54:48 PM »
I have to wonder...how do all of those sellers get so many to sell/pre-sell if there's a limit? o.o

Good luck with your pony~  ^.^

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:16:53 PM »

Thank you for the link, that's some really helpful info. ^^ I'm guessing they'll be giving out the tickets when the convention opens. Maybe I'll bring a book and see if I can camp out a little early. :silly:

Sadly, as much as I'd love to help others get their Ditzy Doo, I'm not over 16 and can't sell on the Arena. My apologies :(

I would double check with Prismatic and ask her how it worked this morning.  She'll probably be able to give you more tips than I can.  Maybe things have changed a bit since last year.  ^_^  Honestly, I think the thing to do is hop over there first this in the morning, and try to get through the line asap.

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »

I would double check with Prismatic and ask her how it worked this morning.  She'll probably be able to give you more tips than I can.  Maybe things have changed a bit since last year.  ^_^  Honestly, I think the thing to do is hop over there first this in the morning, and try to get through the line asap.
That's a good idea. I'll PM her and see if she wouldn't mind telling me how it worked. Thank you again :3

And thanks for wishing me luck, I'll probably need it XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
I havent been at Comic Con for about 6 years but I assume it still works the same...although when I went I didnt even realise Hasbro had a pony but my friend "needed" to queue at Mattel so I remember most of the first day in a desperate dash. You need to get a ticket for a time to stand in line - you usually get these up in the Sails Pavilion/Hall [assuming its the same as before] and make sure you get there early as they obviously give out queue times in order - you want a 10am queue time, for the popular items the 12pm, 2pm and 4pm queue times tend to be pointless as booths will have already sold out - although some of the smaller vendors may very well have nabbed exclusives and be selling them themselves often for a scary mark up.

Good luck :) I hope you manage to track her down.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
I have to wonder...how do all of those sellers get so many to sell/pre-sell if there's a limit? o.o

Good luck with your pony~  ^.^

They usually have friends that help out.  That's what my husband's co-worker does (he goes every year).  And every year there's always been a limit.  It's just that this year the pony happens to be widely popular.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal