collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Positive music any pony  (Read 755 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Positive music any pony
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »
Honestly...my fsvorite song as a child was It's A Small World.  And it is still one of my favorites.  I like the tune, and I LOVE the message.

"There is just one moon, and one golden sun,
And a smile means friendship to everyone."

What's not to love?  C:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
One of my favorite bands to listen to when I need something positive is Oasis.  They have a large amount of inherently optimistic songs, like "Live Forever", "All Around the World", "Hey Now!", "It's Getting Better (Man!)", "Whatever", "Go Let It Out", and countless others.  The lyrics of "Live Forever" are simple in nature, but always stick with me, especially the second verse:

Maybe I will never be/all the things that I want to be/now is not the time to cry/now's the time to find out why/I think you're the same as me/we see things they'll never see/you and I are gonna live forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2poqYvWsyU

(Beware: If you're unfamiliar with the brothers Gallagher, they are NOT good-looking men.  XD)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 01:54:56 PM »
Positive music? It varies from person to person. I'm into music, I play strings bass, and I work as an audio engineer, so for me, something positive is something that's exciting from a musical perspective. Something that's in 7/4 make me smile, so does something that doesn't follow the usual 4/4 12 bar blues structure, music that gives my brain something to chew on. I get bored with 4/4 120, I listen to a lot of 4/4 music, but my brain doesn't even process it, it goes in one ear and out the other. I like when I have to think about a song, that gets me excited, to me that's upbeat, uplifting music. A good performance will do a lot for me, too. While I don't think a lot of people would consider this song uplifting, the vocal performance is brilliant, one of the best that I've heard; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPW549JJFss Susan Calloway is a great vocalist. Something like that gets me excited about music, it gets me pumped for the next session I'm working on, it motivates me to get to the point in my career where I can record vocalists that good, it's freakin' inspiring.

Another song I get excited about is 'Funhouse Exit' by Caravan of Thieves, it's on Spotify, which you should have; http://open.spotify.com/track/5s9Cb0uIxzBZQqvhwg9VcS

It gets me all worked up and excited! It is 12 bar blues in 4/4 but the way it's broken up, they'll give you two bars of action, then it stops, then it starts again, then it stops, you never know where the song's going.  The record is called 'The Funhouse', and the closing track 'Funhouse Exit' is a pretty dark end to what is, as a whole, a dark record. The way the song jerks the listener around, so that you have no idea where it's going, what's going to happen next, it makes me so excited! It throws a spanner, it shirks the idea of the predictable song where you don't even have to be into music to know where the chorus is going to be on the first listen. The way it ends, too, it just gets cut off. It just stops. It's bloody perfect, great songwriting by a great band. It makes me so excited about music.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:56:41 PM by DoctorMowinckel »

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
See signature.  The song could be one I would sing to my Spirited daughter.  Kind of her anchor to the world as she zooms through life at 60 + mph. 
It's "When you come back down" by Nickel Creek. 
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal