collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random dirt spots/smudges...  (Read 1157 times)

xoVanille

• Trade Count: (0)
Random dirt spots/smudges...
« on: July 05, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
So the one thing I've noticed about the G4 ponies, from blind bags to sets, is that random dirt scuffs and smudges seem to show up now and then.
For instance, I found a Glimmer Wings Rarity at Walmart last night, but she had two very noticeable dirt swipes on her. Now I suppose Rarity and other white ponies are more susceptible to this, but it bugs me! Has anyone else had an issue like this?

My Ploomette has a TINY dirt spot on her, but it still bothers me. I'm half tempted to open it up and wipe it off, but then again I don't want to open her box. The same with my Rarity Carousel set...Rarity (thank goodness it's not Sweetie Swirl) has a bit of light dirt on her nose, looks like it would easily come off...but again, not wanting to open the box.

Thoughts? Should I wipe the dirt off of them and tape the boxes back up? Ploomette's came off, Rarity's is stuck there. :(

Have you come across this issue?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:30:00 AM by xoVanille »

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Random dirt spots/smudges...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:20 AM »
A lot of G4s have dirty smudges on them.  Fashion Styles seem to get them near their feet a lot, I have noticed.

Most smudges come off with soap and water, but a few marks seem to be permanent, unfortunately.

Oh yeah I want to add that opening up the box is up to you. I open up 99% of my ponies, and keep some rare ones in box, so I don't think opening Rarity at least is too risky unless you want to sell her later.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:32:55 AM by BrightIdea »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

xoVanille

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 11:29:10 AM »
Yeah looks like Ploomette's came off easily...unfortunately Rarity's faded, but seems to be there for good. :/

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »
I got several G4s for my birthday and I was so disappointed in the quality :( My Diamond Rose had dirt on her chest and side, Twilight Sparkle and Scootaloo had hair coming out of their necks and of course Twilight's body color didn't match with her head. Also Scootaloo had some really wonky, coarse hair. It was different than Sweetie Belle and Applebloom's hair. Strange! I wish they would work on the quality :yikes:
My Wish List

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »
I see them quite often, but they usually come off easily. The first time I saw a pony with a dirt smudge was when I found my FS Pinkie Pie at Target. At the time, she'd been out in other parts of the US, so I'd been looking for her, and when I finally found her, she had a huge dirt smudge across her forehead. But she was the only one so I bought her. Since then, I've seen dirt smudges on several other ponies. I'm guessing their factory is just dirty. I used to think new = clean, but not anymore. I know if I end up buying toys for my niece when she's old enough, I'll be sure to wash them first.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
Its an ongoing discussion point I think - yes without doubt there are a lot of stray marks, scratches, residual glue and general quality control issues with G4 but personally I always think if you consider the scale they are being produced in and the price point they are offered are, they are not too bad and probably comparable to like-priced products.

If you are collecting mint ponies only then it can be incredibly frustrating. :( 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »
I have a Rarity with lots of dirt spots all over. She also has an eyesmear and just overall a sloppy factory job. She'll make good bait though.

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
Definitely noticed this with some of the ponies at the stores. I try to go through them before I buy them and check to make sure there aren't any marks on them (that I can see). If there's only one of that pony there and she has a little scuff I buy it anyways but if it can be avoided then I pick the unscuffed one, obviously lol

Binny

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 01:17:08 AM »
Yes! Not only that, I was at Kmart the other day and I swear I saw a Plumsweet with what looked like pin dot mold under her cutie mark. While in the box. :|

I really wish they would get stricter with quality control.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:15:34 AM »
I was about to buy a brushable Pinkie Pie when I noticed she had an actual gouge of plastic missing from her chest. I don't normally collect the single brushables anyway because of quality control issues, I just get them as gifts from friends. I wonder if kids care all that much about stuff like this? I know I was a bit of a picky kid, I was taught to try and buy the better quality toys. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal