collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sowing Any pony?  (Read 952 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Sowing Any pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
I'm an industrial machinist by trade so used to sew lots of different things from army vehicle covers to webbing for ammo racks to banners and marquees. My hands are bad though so although I hand sew if I have to, it hurts like mad so I try and avoid it. My OH bought me a hand stitching machine but it broke the second time I used it :( (guess that's why it was in the charity shop in the first place!) I want to get proper sewing machine one day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »
Anyway I was wondering how many of you sew? Yep yep have since I was very very small

What inspires you and how long have you been sewing? Mine is actually similar to yours. Both of my grandmothers were the old school sewing individuals. They used machines, but did a great deal by hand and made wonderful outfits. I remember all of my Halloween costumes being made by my grandmothers, and I mean nice ones. I could say "hey I want to be a princess or cat woman" ect. I think they even made my sister a Sailor Moon outfit once. They were not the cheap patterny looking ones either, they made their own patters. One of my grandmothers worked at hancocks. I usually spent the summers with my grandparents since my parents worked so much. My one grandmother since I was six would have me sit and sew with her for hours. My other one we would use a machine and make stuffed pets for me to play with...I mostly sew by hand since I prefer it, and I make stuffed animals for other members in my family. It kinda just seems like something my grandparents did for me. I also make other types of crafts my now deceased family members made. That way it just seems like they are never fully gone.

One last question is; What is your current or the last project you did? Currently I'm stalled on projects, but I'm making a Sailor moon Luna pillow pet for my sister. I'm also making a set of bunnies for the creator of a comic I adore that I intend to surprise her with. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 02:50:16 AM »
I do, from time to time :)
Mostly doll clothes nowadays, for my BJDs, but sometimes I make clothes for myself, or alter clothes I've bought.
I've made these clothes for my dolls (and more, but I don't have much pictures):

(the socks are bought, though)

I prefer sewing for dolls because it's so much faster XD but I should get my butt in gear and finish a couple of skirts (for me) I have laying around half-done...

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 04:44:25 AM »
I enjoy sewing, but machines daunt me somewhat. I could never get the hang of the electric ones in school, so for our Textiles unit I hand stitched a single-bed size quilt, with hexagonal patchwork in 4 different fabrics. Everyone though I was mad, and it took months to complete, but it was so much fun and really relaxing. Plus the looks I got when I whipped this enormous patchwork out of my bag to work on during breaks were hilarious!

Nowadays I mostly sew for dolls, my fiance's mother gifted me HER mother's old Singer machine that'd been refurbished to make it electric. Unfortunately it was tempremental at best, and eventually the electrics broke, so now I hand-turn the side wheel to work it. It sounds odd, but for me it's the perfect mix of precise hand-sewing, and the neatness and strength of machine stitches!

That is amazing that you did a whole quilt in just months. It would probably take me a year. My sewing machine is giving me fits and I may just do it by hand.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 05:30:49 AM »
I enjoy sewing, but machines daunt me somewhat. I could never get the hang of the electric ones in school, so for our Textiles unit I hand stitched a single-bed size quilt, with hexagonal patchwork in 4 different fabrics. Everyone though I was mad, and it took months to complete, but it was so much fun and really relaxing. Plus the looks I got when I whipped this enormous patchwork out of my bag to work on during breaks were hilarious!

Nowadays I mostly sew for dolls, my fiance's mother gifted me HER mother's old Singer machine that'd been refurbished to make it electric. Unfortunately it was tempremental at best, and eventually the electrics broke, so now I hand-turn the side wheel to work it. It sounds odd, but for me it's the perfect mix of precise hand-sewing, and the neatness and strength of machine stitches!

That is amazing that you did a whole quilt in just months. It would probably take me a year. My sewing machine is giving me fits and I may just do it by hand.

Oh it took a LONG time! I had about 4 specific Textiles lessons each week, plus lunch hours, maybe 6 'free periods' each week, as well as working on it at home in the evenings and at weekends. It was so worth it, as the result was gorgeous, and it really was a great way to chill out! Wouldn't do it again in a hurry though :drunk:.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal