collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Bidders on Ebay?????  (Read 3413 times)

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Weird Bidders on Ebay?????
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »
Has anyone else noticed this trend...I have a bunch of non MLP stuff on ebay right now, and of the 6 items with bids all winning bidders thus far have 16 feedback or less, and 4 of those have ZERO feedback!   I haven't sold on ebay for quite awhile, but it just seems weird to me. Will be very interesting to see if they end up winning and then if the actually pay for the auctions....I'm a little worried tbh!  Does this seem weird to anyone else?  Anyone else noticed tons of 0 feedback bidders? 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Bidders on Ebay?????
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
I've noticed the same on a bunch of items I've been watching (pony and Monster High). Sadly it also happened with something I listed, winner had 0 feedback and also had 0 interest in paying when they won >:(

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »
The last couple times I sold on eBay I had a few bidders with 0 feedback. I was kinda worried at first, but I think most of them didn't win, and the ones that did everything went just fine. But, you're right, it is a bit weird seeing so many of them! Hopefully there won't be any problems for you.

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
I am selling today and haven't noticed 0 fb, but low feedback. It's positive, but you can never be too sure.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
I have noticed an increased number of low feedback buyer's too. 

But "knock on wood" I have not had to open any cases recently.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »
New people tend to join eBay in streaks.  :)  I haven't had any recent issues with new eBayers though, so hopefully all your transactions will run smoothly as well.

(I should take that back.  I did have a new eBayer become irate that I printed their shipping label within 5 minutes of their payment.  They received a notice that their item was shipped and they e-mailed me asking what sort of shenanigans I was trying to pull since they knew that there was no way I could gotten to the post office that fast.  They calmed though after I explained what happened.  :))

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »
(I should take that back.  I did have a new eBayer become irate that I printed their shipping label within 5 minutes of their payment.  They received a notice that their item was shipped and they e-mailed me asking what sort of shenanigans I was trying to pull since they knew that there was no way I could gotten to the post office that fast.  They calmed though after I explained what happened.  :))
[/quote]

LOL!!! Wow! I am sure it wasnt funny at the time but I cant help laughing about this :) :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »
le sigh....this is my favourite topic of complaint at the moment! I seem to draw these bidders like a flies to a mouldy bit of cheese...

In all my years of selling on ebay, the last 18 months [and particularly the last 6 months] has been the worst I have ever experienced for NPBs and also the highest number of 0 feedback accounts I have come across. Dont get me wrong I absolutely know that we all have to start somewhere and every single one of us had a 0 feedback account at the start...but, bar one idiotic buyer, all my NPBs in the last 6 months have been 0 feedback all 6 or 7 of them!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
I just want to keep the positive outlook that maybe lots of them are new buyers? I mean I didn't start buying on Ebay till three years ago, and I only buy so much. My rating is still just like 39, because I don't make a ton of purchases on Ebay anyway. I know my sister just joined the other day because she couldn't find an item for her fiance in the stores, but it was on Ebay.  I just like to keep in mind people like her or my mother that hate to buy/sell online, so they are new to the scene. Then again I know lots of people run off and don't pay. I suppose it's just the woes of online selling/buying. >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48:23 PM »
Mine always occur when I sell vintage Strawberry Shortcake items. Come to think of it, when I bid on them too! I can't say how many times I was either outbid by a 0 feedback person who went NARU or a had people bid on my stuff and not pay. I don't know what it is about vintage SSC that keeps attracting them! I even wrote in my listings that 0 feedback bidders would be cancelled, but they did it anyway at the last second. :/ Oh well, at least eBay caught them and I got my fees back.

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »
There does seem a lot of them lately,  but thankfully not all turn out to be dodgy or NPB  :relaxed:  Hopefully everything will turn out ok, but I do understand why you are a bit nervous about having so many of them bidding on your items at once  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
New generations of eBayers. Ha ha. You have to think some or maybe even a lot of these bidders might be kids who just got a job, a bank account and even a bank card and are buying online for the first time. These kinds of people will keep coming through the years, so you have to account for their presence.

I've been a member of eBay for YEARS, but I only have a meager 16 feedback. I did all my Pokémon collecting through a community, so that's a separate set of feedback I have that eBay sellers can't see. Thankfully I haven't been kicked from bidding on anything, but some of us just don't eBay all that often. I prefer to get things through communities and Amazon and avoid eBay if possible, mostly due to bad experiences.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
Sadly, in my opinion, since ebay has removed our option to leave negatives for buyers this is the result.  Lots of non paying bidders, just bidding with no intention of paying for the auction.  When there is no accountability on the part of the buyer why not? They can go around and cause a lot of hassel and trouble, ruin your account for the review period yet they receive nothing from ebay at all.  It really makes me mad.  I have not had one single 0 feedback bidder pay yet.  They have all bid, and then dropped off the planet.  Its so frustrating that ebay has set things up this way.  I think the increase is due to FIM.  JMHO :huh:

I think ebay should make a rule that 0 feedback buyers must purchase BIN items and pay instantly 5 times before they are allowed to actually participate in an auction.  Also some 0 feedback bidders are shillers.  They run around ebay bidding up stuff but never intend on winning. I see that all of the time too.

Good luck, maybe you will have a better result than I have. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:36:39 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 01:45:15 AM »
Sadly, in my opinion, since ebay has removed our option to leave negatives for buyers this is the result.  Lots of non paying bidders, just bidding with no intention of paying for the auction.  When there is no accountability on the part of the buyer why not? They can go around and cause a lot of hassel and trouble, ruin your account for the review period yet they receive nothing from ebay at all.  It really makes me mad.  I have not had one single 0 feedback bidder pay yet.  They have all bid, and then dropped off the planet.  Its so frustrating that ebay has set things up this way.  I think the increase is due to FIM.  JMHO :huh:

I think ebay should make a rule that 0 feedback buyers must purchase BIN items and pay instantly 5 times before they are allowed to actually participate in an auction.  Also some 0 feedback bidders are shillers.  They run around ebay bidding up stuff but never intend on winning. I see that all of the time too.

Good luck, maybe you will have a better result than I have. 

Excellent idea there since we can't have feedback.

In the end though, sellers leaving buyers feedback is the ONLY way to insure that buyers don't just mess around. That way, we can block buyers based on their feedback too. God, so many things would be fixed if we could just leave buyers feedback!!!!

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:16 AM »
Well. My auctions ended Sunday and I'm waiting for a low feedback buyer to pay. They live in Canada and only have 2 feedback. I just sent an invoice so we'll see where this goes...

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal