collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gripe story about dog eating Galaxy a lie!! Anyone know xvxmichiexvx??  (Read 7900 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Just need to gripe for a minute
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 07:59:36 PM »
It does sound fishy, but that doesn't mean it is.  Things happen.  Someone here just had their dog chew up a big pile of moc G1s that they were about to sell.  On occasion it is worth giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Galaxy is a difficult pony to find nice.  I looked after my childhood ponies really well as a rule, yet still mine seems to have lost her eye at some point.  (Maybe my brother thought it was treasure).  I'm sure you will find one eventually.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
Seller responded to my request to just get the backcard and ribbon:  "can't give you the packaging as it was thrown out with the toy (just additive stupidity)."

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA!!  Sad all over again!  Such a waste!
 :sad: :cloud:

Post Merge: July 01, 2012, 05:50:30 PM

Sounds a bit too fishy from the ending price and the "dog"...  :(
This.  Kind of like the dog ate my homework excuse.  I had this happen with a dress I bought off eBay.  The seller even marked it as Shipped for 2 days before she messaged me to say the dress had been damaged during the shipping process.   What?!  I don't know Kelly, I'm really bummed out for you right now.  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for of NM
Galaxy for you. 

Thanks, Michelle!  Yes, please help me keep an eye out for a really nice Galaxy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:50:30 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:55:06 PM »
This made me wince...oh hun, my condolences.

I used to baby sit a girl who's Corgi ate her SkySkimmer >_< I was horrified

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »
Seller responded to my request to just get the backcard and ribbon:  "can't give you the packaging as it was thrown out with the toy (just additive stupidity)."

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA!!  Sad all over again!  Such a waste!
 :sad: :cloud:

Post Merge: July 01, 2012, 05:50:30 PM

Sounds a bit too fishy from the ending price and the "dog"...  :(
This.  Kind of like the dog ate my homework excuse.  I had this happen with a dress I bought off eBay.  The seller even marked it as Shipped for 2 days before she messaged me to say the dress had been damaged during the shipping process.   What?!  I don't know Kelly, I'm really bummed out for you right now.  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for of NM
Galaxy for you. 

Thanks, Michelle!  Yes, please help me keep an eye out for a really nice Galaxy.
Girl, you know I'll be on the lookout:).  They threw out the backcard?!   That hurts my heart. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
Still had the ribbon attached too.  *sniff*

It's not like it's incredibly rare or valuable; it's just such a waste.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
Ack that bites! 

Literally!  :yikes: So sorry this happened to you, OP! I'd probably cry.  :cry:

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Oh, now I'm really ticked off!!!   Those of you who said the seller's story sounded suspicious were right!
:enraged:

I just saw the backcard listed for sale on Ebay.  The ribbon is still attached, and the tear pattern is EXACTLY the same!  Here's the new listing--oh, darn, I can't post the link because of site rules.  Well, just search for "my little pony galaxy back card" and you'll find it.  The seller is xvxmichiexvx and here's the image:

And here's the link to the BIN I originally got from seller ermaherbie:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180909215314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And here's the image from it so you don't have to click on the link:

See?  Like I said, the ribbon is still there, and the tear pattern is an exact match.  And guess what?  xvxmichiexvx bought another pony (Starshine) from ermaherbie; I could tell from the feedback she left:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ermaherbie&ftab=AllFeedback&seeallfeedback=See%20All%20Feedback&myworld=true

This tells me that xvxmichiexvx bought Starshine, then saw the completed listing for Galaxy.  Then she contacted ermaherbie with a better offer than the BIN I won.  So ermaherbie made up the story about her dog snatching Galaxy to get me to agree to cancel the sale.

When I requested the backcard as a consolation prize, there was a time delay of about a day.  Then ermaherbie wrote back to say that the card "was thrown out with the toy (just additive stupidity)."  I thought it was odd that the card would be tossed in the household trash, then lost to the dumptruck so quickly.  I thought, "Why doesn't she just dig it out of the trash?  I guess the garbage truck just happened to come the next morning, or maybe the card was completely ruined."  Now I understand what really happened:  ermaherbie had to contact xvxmichiexvx to ask if she wanted the card too, then wait for a reply.

I already sent a message to ermaherbie to say that I was onto her and very upset, and that I would contact Ebay to complain.  (I kept my language fairly civil this time, unlike my rant to German Ebay seller bloodyangelchen, if any of you have read that thread I wrote on the trader support forum.  What is it with these sellers who think they don't have to play by the rules???)

And of course I'm even more ticked at xvxmichiexvx for snatching MY pretty Galaxy!  Does anyone know her?  She's definitely a pony collector; she buys and sells MLP a lot.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Oh, that's just awful.  I'm sorry that happened to you!  Two dishonest sellers for one pony.  I really wish ebay had a "block seller" option for buyers because there are just some sellers I never want to deal with, ever.

I hope both of those sellers got what they wanted from that Galaxy, because once word gets out about what happened, there's going to be some terrible community backlash, and it's going to cost them more than a few dollars of lost sales.

It looks like xvxmichiexvx may have bought some other backcards from ermaherbie.  I see several rainbow pony backcards listed in ermaherbie's history, and they were bought by someone with the same number of feedback as  xvxmichiexvx, and  xvxmichiexvx is currently selling several rainbow pony backcards with the same markings as the ones originally sold by ermaherbie.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
That's awful! I found this >>> http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?topic=296696.0

Looks like you are not the first to have trouble with this seller!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Oh wow.. That SUCKS. I'm really sorry for you. :C
I hate when people make up cheap excuses.. not only because they scam honest buyers but also they make it much harder for everyone who actually DOES run into a problem. I had a pony I bought getting chewed up by a dog as well. But the seller sent me said pony at no cost, I could still use it as bait or custom or well, at least I COULD BE SURE the pony actually got damaged. :|

Again, I am truly sorry for you, I hope you'll be able to find a nice new Galaxy soon and that karma will get those other two. :C

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That really sucks :( Thanks for warning everyone though, at least now we know who to avoid on eBay!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
This kinds of things can happen on eBay. I guess the only thing you can do is to bring it up to eBay's management. Also, even if the transaction is canceled I believe you're still entitled to feedback. Use it to your advantage.

Hmmm, MLPTP member too you say? If you're also a member of MLPTP, bring it up to their admin too.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Hmmm, MLPTP member too you say? If you're also a member of MLPTP, bring it up to their admin too.

Yes, I think I had a narrow miss with her actually, since she offered to sell me a customised blind bag pony. Eeek. Someone should mention it over there as a warning anyway.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
YIKES! This lady has problems. That is very rude of her to do that. Be sure to leave appropriate feedback.

Did you tell the seller that you know she lied??

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Wow, that is just beyond low.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal