collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (Slightly late) June pony brag  (Read 545 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
(Slightly late) June pony brag
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
Some of these may be a little late, but I wanted to wait a little longer until all the new ponies will make it safe to my home, and now that all of them are here I can now present all of them proudly. :)

Here they are:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The last weeks of June had been quite lucky for me. First pony from this group that I bough was Cotton Candy. I spotted her on a photo that came from an ad on one of the Polish websites. The woman who sold the lot in which CC was in, agreed to sell her to me. I was so happy!

When she came she was really dirty and sticky in some places, but unlike some of the ponies I got, she had a sweet, candy-like (hehe) scent so I was a little sad to get her clean, lol. But she cleaned up nicely and she looks really gorgeous now.

Next comes G2 baby Giggles. This was an impulse buy. She was listed on Allegro (Polish auction site) as a BIN, and she was really cheap - I decided to get her, because, after all, I love G2 babies. She's in a mint condition - her hair is uncut and she still has tinsel in her hair and crystals in her eyes.

Third pony I got was Tuneful. I bought her right after Giggles. This was also another impulse buy - she was also listed as a BIN. I think I might overpaid a little for her, but nevertheless I don't regret getting her. Her mane has some cuts, her tail's been shortened and he symbol's rubbed in some places, but still she's in a good condition, and I'm happy to have snatched her. :)

The fourth pony that came to me was Sniffles. Just like CC she was originally a part of a lot and listed in an ad. The woman who was selling her, sold her to me right away for extra cheap - this is one of my greatest pony bargains right next to Italian Blue Belle! :) Sniffles is in a really great condition - her tail's a little frizzy, but it isn't something I can't fix.

Another pony I got was Speedy - this is my very first TE pony, and I'm soooo happy to have gotten her! Especially considering all the time it took to get her! Initially she was being auctioned in a lot, but then after the lot didn't sell after twelve days (the price was WAY too high so I'm not surprised), the seller agreed to sell her separatelly. At first I expected that the seller would sell her to me outside of the auction site, now that the original auction was long over, but no... the seller put her on auction separately once again. Grrr... as much as I was frustrated, I decided to bid on her anyway. There weren't that many bidders, so I won her without much effort. And a few days ago I picked her up from the seller (she happened to live in my hometown). I'm so happy to have finally gotten her!! Her tail's cut, she's missing a hair plug, and the coating on her eyes is gone, but I love her to death and I don't want to get rid of her! That and she doesn't have any sign of regrind, which makes things even better. :)

The last ponies I got are International Princess Sparkle, Italian Parasol, Baby Blossom, Baby Lickety Split and Tappy. All of them are my latest auction wins, and all of them came from the same person. Princess Sparkle's crown is working and the seller even included a battery in the package (awww... :)), her hair is uncut and she has most of her tinsel. The only problem is that she has markings on her face, and I'm not really sure how to get rid of them, so that I won't damage the layer of glitter covering her... any tips on that?

As for Italian Parasol and the babies - like I said, they came from a same auction from the same person. They were sold in a lot along with a couple of fakies and a McDonald's G2 pony (I can't recall her name at the moment), I decided not to put include them in the photo. Italian Parasol is gorgeous! Her mane and tail are so soft, she has no symbol rub and her eyes are in perfect condition. I can safely say that she's in the mint condition. She's a bit dirty but it's nothing a good bath can't solve. This is my third Italian pony, btw - I seem to have luck with those. :)

All three babies are in a good condition - the have some minor hair frizz, they're a little dirty and Lickety and Tappy show sign of tail rust, but other than that they're in the good shape. Baby Lickety Split came with her necklace. :)

When it comes to Baby Blossom, I first thought I might sell her, because I already have a Baby Blossom, but when I took her out of the package and compared her with the one I already have, I noticed something interesting: the one I already had was gray/silver and the one I recently got is your standard lilac Baby Blossom. I checked the bottom of their hooves just to make sure they're both original and they are. Could this be that Baby Blossom had variants I'm not familiar with?

Overall, I'm really happy to have gotten all those lovely ponies - each of them is unique and beautifull. I only hope that this sudden pony luck won't leave me any time soon! :) :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: (Slightly late) June pony brag
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
What a lot of nice new ponies. I'm glad they all cleaned up for you so well.  Cotton Candy was my first childhood pony so she'll always be one of my favourites :frolic:

As for baby Blossom, it's possible the gray/silver girl may have faded.  I've seen some very pale looking verions of her over my time when she is supposed to be such a lovely purple colour. 

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
Congrats ! Also, don't worry about the candy smell of Cotton Candy, it will come back~ ;D

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys! :) :)

@kiwimlp: Thanks. :) Yeah, I'm glad about that as well. The only problem I have right now is what to do with Princess Sparkle... those marks on her muzzle look aweful, and I need to get rid of them, but I have no idea how to do it so as not to accidentally remove all the glitter... oh well, I'll try posting a thread in Pony Coral asking for some advice.

As for Baby Blossom: thanks for the info. I actually didn't know that purple/lavender ponies can fade as well... but I'm willing to keep her anyway, 'cause her body color goes really well with her hair color.

Anyway, here are the comparison photos of both Blossoms:

As you can see the Baby Blossom on the left is much more pale than her "twin" on the right. Their eyes also differ slightly.

Nevertheless they both look lovely and I'm not willing to give up any of them. :)

@TheDarkWithin: you know, just as I was about to put Cotton Candy back on the shelf I sniffed her hair a little, and guess what? The smell is slowly coming back! :) :D

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
What gorgeous ponies!!! Congrats!!! :satisfied:

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile