collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *Sigh* More NPB on ebay  (Read 2389 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
*Sigh* More NPB on ebay
« on: June 16, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
I truly have no luck at the moment!  :huh:

evelife92 - This person had 0 feedback so I actually expected no payment - I feel for anyone starting out on ebay at the moment as I am now joining the growing band of sellers not accepting bids from people with under a certain level of feedback if I can.

rainbowdash1987 - This person is an absolute waste of space - seriously look out for this guy - according to his feedback I am far from the only person he has done this to yet he continues to bid and sometimes pay for but other times not pay for items. I would advise you to prevent him from bidding on your items. I am quite light hearted most of the time with people on ebay normally but this guy seriously seriously annoyed me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: *Sigh* More NPB on ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
Hugs - I know how you feel! Why do people bother bidding if they have no intention of paying!! I don't mind if they're just delayed but when they bid on the last hour and then disappear!! :hug:

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
So sorry you've had to go through that Hathorcat.  I have had more than my share of NPB in the last year and know how frustrating it is.  I have no idea why people do this?? xx
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bugle

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
I refuse to sell stuff on ebay! I would rather give it away.. I buy from ebay, and in the past three months, I have had nothing but bad luck with sellers, not sending the right quantity, not sending anything at all, leaving positive negative feedback... So boring....

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  :(  Sorry you are having to deal with so many NPBs!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 06:21:52 AM »
Blocked and blocked!

:hug: though Cat!  I don't get it these kind of people.  Is it fun or something to waste people's time and money?  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »
Thanks guys!

I now expected NPBs on auctions and if people just own up to the fact they have no intention of paying or cancel a transaction then thats one thing but the rainbowdash guy just drove me absolutely crackers for a few weeks - I honestly dont know if he was disturbed or if it was a child operating the account. If I met him in real life I would be in danger of doing him an injury lol :P

As an aside I learned a lot from ebay with this case - they told me the "3 strikes" regarding non paying bidders no longer counts [you will all probably have known this already but it was news to me] - ebay refused to divulge their policy on how many times a bidder could "not pay" before action was taken which suggests to me that they no longer actively go after accounts which act this way - perhaps this is why we are seeing more and more NPBs on ebay?

I got to wondering - if I open a NPB then the buyer is now no longer punished and my time is wasted and this buyer can go on to do the same thing to other sellers. However, if I cancel a transaction then although there is no NPB on the buyers account [which clearly doesnt matter anyway] I could leave feedback - although I know that would be a false positive and I would probably get into trouble for that but it was soooo tempting :P. Dont worry I did resist but ebay need to do something about NPBs.
Loa is my love god!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 07:24:36 AM »
I've never had anyone not pay, though there was one buyer who waited a full week even after I sent an invoice and a couple messages.  It was frustrating but at least she finally paid, which is obviously more than some people do.  And she left good feedback.  That was highly delayed, too, but she left it all the same, so it was worth it in the end.  As a buyer, I almost always pay instantly unless I either win an auction after I already went to bed, or if I have a question for the seller re: combined shipping costs (or similar).  You may or may not have seen my post on Trader Support regarding a seller who won't give me a refund after sending an "excellent condition pony" with a major tail trim.  I think she is distrustful of me (understandably so, I suppose) because I initially asked if she'd be willing to cancel my purchase when I noticed a mark on the hoof after I bid (and won).  She said no and assured me there was no mark, so I paid immediately and apologized for having asked to retract my bid.  Ironically, a few days later, the pony arrived.  The seller was right, there was no mark.  But there was a severe tail trim.  It has been a nightmare ever since.  But that is the only time I have ever been a remotely difficult customer, and also the only time I've ever asked to retract a bid/purchase.  It has come back to bite me in the butt BIG time. 

What's the deal with this rainbowdash?  Thankfully I don't think he has ever bid on any of my auctions.  I don't have any going at the moment, but thanks for the heads-up.

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

IBroughtTheDerp

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »
It's just how the internets work. Everybody just likes to troll. They're a waste of space.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »
It's just how the internets work. Everybody just likes to troll. They're a waste of space.

As much as I agree and normally shrug my shoulders...in all my years of selling I have never encountered this as much as I have in the last 18 months or so. I think in 5 years I maybe had it happen twice. I now have had it happen once, twice or three times in each batch of items I have listed. For me, at least, its an increasing and a very much new  pattern unfortunately.y
Loa is my love god!

Bugle

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 07:40:34 AM »
Thanks guys!

I now expected NPBs on auctions and if people just own up to the fact they have no intention of paying or cancel a transaction then thats one thing but the rainbowdash guy just drove me absolutely crackers for a few weeks - I honestly dont know if he was disturbed or if it was a child operating the account. If I met him in real life I would be in danger of doing him an injury lol :P

As an aside I learned a lot from ebay with this case - they told me the "3 strikes" regarding non paying bidders no longer counts [you will all probably have known this already but it was news to me] - ebay refused to divulge their policy on how many times a bidder could "not pay" before action was taken which suggests to me that they no longer actively go after accounts which act this way - perhaps this is why we are seeing more and more NPBs on ebay?

I got to wondering - if I open a NPB then the buyer is now no longer punished and my time is wasted and this buyer can go on to do the same thing to other sellers. However, if I cancel a transaction then although there is no NPB on the buyers account [which clearly doesnt matter anyway] I could leave feedback - although I know that would be a false positive and I would probably get into trouble for that but it was soooo tempting :P. Dont worry I did resist but ebay need to do something about NPBs.

Ebay isn't pursuing people anymore, it's true. I had to fight this week for a refund for one of four items I bought, that never showed up. The reply I had from the resolution center was "WE DON'T DO PARTIAL REFUNDS"... So I replied that if I had bought a book, a cd, and a T-shirt, and didn't recieve the book, I would expect a refund, and ebay would oblige..? Well why when I buy four units of 100, and only receive 3 units of 100, it is considered a partial refund!

Regardless to say.. I got my refund after that :)

So just keep at it and you will eventually get (if ebay is in a good mood) the issue resolved! (Seller or Buyer!).

And don't leave false positive, because you will receive a warning, and they may or may not terminate your account!

Post Merge: June 17, 2012, 07:42:17 AM

Forgot to say, you can call ebay customer service, and ask them to do an investigation into a sellers acumen, as with a buyer! I am not sure what ebay's methods are in this case, but they will make some enquires at least.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:42:17 AM by Bugle »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »
Oh I wouldnt leave a false positive...but I ll happily admit I was super tempted for the first time ever - I see why people do it! Although knowing my luck the buyer would have got away scot free and I would have got into serious trouble. I do think its unfair that there is no way now to leave a negative for an unpaying buyer.

I am primarily a buyer on ebay so I dont normally have an issue as I find ebay much more protective of their buyers than their sellers...but this last time has driven me over the edge of my normal acceptance level and I needed to vent!
Loa is my love god!

Bugle

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 08:01:17 AM »
Totally get the need to vent! But seriously, take the time to call ebay customer support and make a complaint. It has worked for me in the past.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
Sorry...I thought I had mentioned in an earlier post, I did complain to ebay customer support about one of the buyers simply as the hoops they had made me jump through after the auction were nonsense...thats when I learned about the change in policy for NPBs no longer affecting an account. I think what makes it so frustrating is that you do everything for a buyer because if you even remotely annoy them then you will get bad feedback or [sometimes worse as ebay will no little about it] they can leave you super low DSRs. Its why I hate opening NPBs to start with...as because you have that cooling off period to allow someone to pay...what happens if they are annoyed at you for opening the case and retaliate with feedback - yes the feedback can be removed but sometimes its a fight I believe and they wont do much about DSR value either.

Thanks for understanding the need to rant! Lol...its the frustration that 99% of people on ebay are normal and nice and lovely...and then there is that 1% of oddities!
Loa is my love god!

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »
I didn't realize the 3 strikes was not longer in use! Well maybe this explains why people are getting away with it... Man I really dislike ebay : (
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal