collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Now I know why some people call it evilBay.  (Read 8918 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Now I know why some people call it evilBay.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »
Me again. I dont know if youll decide to go forwards the refund but if you decide to keep her I have a hank of water nixie I can split and I think I have a g3 turquoise tail that might work if that color is a closer match. But it won't be original g1 hair but still if you decide to keep her a little makeover and she could still be a pretty pony. But if the experience has soured you against owning her perhaps you could resell and recoup some of the loss that way if the refund isn't going how you want.

Edit:for spelling
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:16:26 AM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »

I don't think that is really fair of you to say.  Have you read the entire thread?

I don't think the seller is the nicest person, don't get me wrong. But I do think she has a right to be annoyed. I'm not excusing anything else.

And the whole canceling immediately thing doesn't play well.

Also, she's not saying to send back the pony with no refund (people are jumping to this conclusion). She's saying that if she doesn't see an issue that she isn't going to refund you. This is actually a common practice with electronics but odd with an item like this.

I just see so many threads that are about a non-collector selling a pony with a crappy picture and people are flabbergasted when it's not as described. I think it's unfair on both sides to keep buying from people that have one-liners and then once the transaction is completed to try and get the price you think it's worth.

That's fair enough, and I do realize there are non-pony-collectors out there who just happen to be selling ponies.  I'm not expecting as much from them.  However, in our communications, she told me that she had sold several ponies and that this one was not only in good condition, it was in excellent condition.  That is the part I have a problem with.  I really do see your point, as it was bad practice to ask for a retraction.  But I DID apologize. 

As for the refund, I'm not jumping to any conclusions... I'm just a bit concerned since she said she expected the pony back in good condition (I'm guessing I'm supposed to undo the tail trim before I return her).  Anyway, I finally got around to replying to her last e-mail, and here's what I wrote:

Hello,

You are right that I didn't want this pony to begin with.  I admitted as much.  But you assured me of her excellent condition, and I apologised for asking you to make an exception.  I had hoped that was water under the bridge, though I can see why you would be a little wary now that I have found another fault with this pony.  Even if she had had a mark on her hoof, it would have been my own fault for not looking more closely at the photo, and your listing would still have been accurate.  A pony with a small mark would still count as "in good condition."  I realise this, and I truly am sorry for initially asking to be let out of the purchase.  Having said that, it doesn't change the fact that this pony has suffered a major tail trim.  I am not accusing you of describing your listing inaccurately, and can understand how it might go unnoticed since part of her tail is still full-length.  I don't know how or why or when she got her hair cut; all I know is that she did and that I would like a refund. 

I also apologize for mentioning feedback.  I haven't had any problems like this on eBay before and only brought it up because I know there are a lot of buyers who would have bypassed communication with the seller to leave immediate negative feedback and/or file a claim.  I wasn't threatening you, and I am truly sorry if it came across that way.  I really would like to resolve this politely and professionally, but I can't promise to send you a pony that is in good condition when she didn't come to me that way.  What do we need to do to ensure we are both happy?

Elizabeth

Post Merge: June 15, 2012, 11:26:16 AM

Me again. I dont know if youll decide to go forwards the refund but if you decide to keep her I have a hank of water nixie I can split and I think I have a g3 turquoise tail that might work if that color is a closer match. But it won't be original g1 hair but still if you decide to keep her a little makeover and she could still be a pretty pony. But if the experience has soured you against owning her perhaps you could resell and recoup some of the loss that way if the refund isn't going how you want.

Edit:for spelling

You are such a sweetheart!  I guess if I continue to run into more problems with the seller, I will keep my poor Baby Bouncy and see her as a reminder never to bid on an item w/o first doing some research.  She will be my "lesson learned" pony.  ;) I am not fussed over originality... as long as the color/texture was similar enough, it would at least remedy her trip to the pony barber, lol.  I will let you know, and thanks again for offering.  Really brightened my day.
 :happy:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:26:16 AM by lochnessmomster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
"That's fair enough, and I do realize there are non-pony-collectors out there who just happen to be selling ponies.  I'm not expecting as much from them.  However, in our communications, she told me that she had sold several ponies and that this one was not only in good condition, it was in excellent condition.  That is the part I have a problem with."

Oh sorry, if you wrote this earlier I missed it. In that case I'm with you. Especially since she said she has sold other ponies.

Edit to say that I think your last message was great. I hope she responds back in a more polite manner and understands that she made a mistake.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:30:51 AM by RockinPrettyBeats »

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
"That's fair enough, and I do realize there are non-pony-collectors out there who just happen to be selling ponies.  I'm not expecting as much from them.  However, in our communications, she told me that she had sold several ponies and that this one was not only in good condition, it was in excellent condition.  That is the part I have a problem with."

Oh sorry, if you wrote this earlier I missed it. In that case I'm with you. Especially since she said she has sold other ponies.

Edit to say that I think your last message was great. I hope she responds back in a more polite manner and understands that she made a mistake.

Thanks. :-) And thanks for the feedback on my last reply to her.  I am not the kind of person who goes around looking for conflict; nevertheless, whenever it does happen, I do my best to resolve it as kindly and as quickly as possible.  So your comments are very comforting.  Whatever she says from here on out, I feel I've done my best.  If she continues to be prickly, I suppose I will have to suck it up, keep the pony, and make the most out of the situation as I would really prefer not to have this be my first negative feedback score on eBay.  :bawl: 

~Pony Wish List~

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
Sorry you are having a rough patch on ebay  :hug:

I can understand your frustration especially since she assured you that the pony was in excellent condition through her message back to you after your first concern.

I am not going to say that it was not a gamble in the first place with a loose description and a bad picture but we have all done it.  And that is just the chance we take sometimes.   We are humans, we make mistakes.  I have done the same thing plenty of times so you are not alone.

The email you sent looks good and hopefully she will work with you.  If not it looks like Sarah is willing to help you get her back to new.   :) 

Keep us posted!

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
Sorry you are having a rough patch on ebay  :hug:

I can understand your frustration especially since she assured you that the pony was in excellent condition through her message back to you after your first concern.

I am not going to say that it was not a gamble in the first place with a loose description and a bad picture but we have all done it.  And that is just the chance we take sometimes.   We are humans, we make mistakes.  I have done the same thing plenty of times so you are not alone.

The email you sent looks good and hopefully she will work with you.  If not it looks like Sarah is willing to help you get her back to new.   :) 

Keep us posted!

Thanks, Ponylady.  So true. :) Well, the seller responded.  She wrote: "Send her back and I will look at her."  Short and vague.  Not sure what to make of it.  :huh:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 02:06:29 PM »
I don't know how I feel about that.  I mean she isn't saying she will give you your money?  So you could end up with no pony and no moneys.  If you do it get tracking if you can and keep everything so you can prove you sent it back.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
I honestly don't like her response but she might just be frustrated at this point with the situation.  Don't get me wrong she should not respond in such an unprofessional manner.   And basically leave you hanging about your refund.

There is the option to open an item not as described case so ebay has record that you are returning pony.  And when it shows she received it back your money will be refunded.  I know it's probably something you do not want to do but her last response has me thinking otherwise. :(  She's acting to me like you purposely did something to it.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
Just to play devils advocate here - has the tail definitely had a trim, or has the washer inside slipped and caused one half of the tail to move?
Either way the seller seems very abrupt, not the way she should be going about things. Rude people, ugh.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »
I would wait until the seller responds before I open a case. In my point of view a case is the option when everything else fails.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
If you look at lochness's last post, the seller did respond.  And left her with a "Send her back and I will look at her."  There is no mention of a refund. If there is no record within ebay's system of what happened she might have a hard time getting her money back if the seller decides there is nothing wrong with the pony.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
If you look at lochness's last post, the seller did respond.  And left her with a "Send her back and I will look at her."  There is no mention of a refund. If there is no record within ebay's system of what happened she might have a hard time getting her money back if the seller decides there is nothing wrong with the pony.

This is where I am too.  Its not like she is going to pay to send the pony back to you again after all this.  So it seems like is planning on keeping it.  Otherwise she would look at it, decide there is nothing wrong with it, and pay to send you back a pony you don't want and deny your refund?  No.  I don't think so.  So really there is no reason not to refund your money.  It's very shady.  I mean sure everyone involved is frustrated but how can she expect you to send it back without at least promising you a refund. 

Can you send her pictures of the damage you are talking about instead of returning the actual pony?  This should be just as viable.  She can view the damage and then see what you are talking about without you taking the risk of just sending it back and hoping she gives you a refund.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »
Just to play devils advocate here - has the tail definitely had a trim, or has the washer inside slipped and caused one half of the tail to move?
Either way the seller seems very abrupt, not the way she should be going about things. Rude people, ugh.

Playing devil's advocate is sometimes necessary, and thank you for trying to be objective.  It's good to have people in your life who will truly think over a situation before automatically agreeing with you.  :) After reading your question, I gave the short section of her tail a very gentle tug and also held her body up to the light to see if there is extra tail dangling about inside.  Nope.  So, yes... the tail has definitely had a trim. 

This is where I am too.  Its not like she is going to pay to send the pony back to you again after all this.  So it seems like is planning on keeping it.  Otherwise she would look at it, decide there is nothing wrong with it, and pay to send you back a pony you don't want and deny your refund?  No.  I don't think so.  So really there is no reason not to refund your money.  It's very shady.  I mean sure everyone involved is frustrated but how can she expect you to send it back without at least promising you a refund. 

Can you send her pictures of the damage you are talking about instead of returning the actual pony?  This should be just as viable.  She can view the damage and then see what you are talking about without you taking the risk of just sending it back and hoping she gives you a refund.

Now THAT is a fantastic idea.  I will take a picture of Baby Bouncy's tail, send it to the seller, and see what happens from there.  Thanks.  :)

As for opening up a case, I am reaaaaally hoping to avoid that.  I annoyed the seller by initially asking for a refund over a mark that wasn't there, so I'm sure she feels she has more than enough ammunition to fight back if I should decide to bring this to eBay.  Granted, I think I've handled everything very well thus far and have been more than apologetic and polite in response to her nastiness, but I still would rather not.  Let's see how this picture thing works first. 

~Pony Wish List~

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »

Playing devil's advocate is sometimes necessary, and thank you for trying to be objective.  It's good to have people in your life who will truly think over a situation before automatically agreeing with you.  :) After reading your question, I gave the short section of her tail a very gentle tug and also held her body up to the light to see if there is extra tail dangling about inside.  Nope.  So, yes... the tail has definitely had a trim. 

I just want to add, sometimes the tail can slip without the washer being loose, or any extra tail looking like it is inside the pony.  If the tail is put in and cut before it is sitting flush with the body, and then a child pulls it or combs it, the metal hair staple can shift towards the washer, and then the hair looks uneven.  I actually have 3 or 4 g1s with this problem.  And with your description it sounds exactly like that is what has happened.   

And honestly, from the buyers pov, it does sound like major buyers remorse.  Ok, the tail thing looks like an obvious flaw they should have mentioned, but you didn't want her and you think you paid to much, the buyer knows that, and straight away you complain about flaws that she didn't believe to exist?  I can't blame them for doubting you. 

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »

I just want to add, sometimes the tail can slip without the washer being loose, or any extra tail looking like it is inside the pony.  If the tail is put in and cut before it is sitting flush with the body, and then a child pulls it or combs it, the metal hair staple can shift towards the washer, and then the hair looks uneven.  I actually have 3 or 4 g1s with this problem.  And with your description it sounds exactly like that is what has happened.   

And honestly, from the buyers pov, it does sound like major buyers remorse.  Ok, the tail thing looks like an obvious flaw they should have mentioned, but you didn't want her and you think you paid to much, the buyer knows that, and straight away you complain about flaws that she didn't believe to exist?  I can't blame them for doubting you.

Thanks, but I'm familiar enough with what pony's tails should look like.  The rest of her tail is the right length.  And I appreciate your two cents' worth re: the situation, but I already know all of this.  I don't need to be reminded yet again that what I did wasn't too smart.  My tail (pony tail, if you'll excuse the bad humour) is already between my legs. 

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal