collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)  (Read 8674 times)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
It's that time again where we gather questions for the Hasbro Q&A session at the MY LITTLE PONY Fair! You know you've got that burning question that you'd love to have answered so ask away! Even if you aren't going to the Fair this year, you can still join in on the fun. Post your questions below between now and midnight on Sunday June 17th so we can send them to Hasbro. :)

Here's a question that has been on my mind: Will we ever see G4 Minty as a regular release. The few that showed up online were so cute. I want one!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
Re: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
It'll be nice if Hasbro can give us a hint on whether G1-G4 ponies will ever be possible.

Can we have a special set dedicated to G3-G4 releases. We already have Skywishes, it'll be nice if they are more consolidated and widely released. I'd love to see ponies like Seaspray, Gardenia Glow, Winter Snow, Spring Fever, Winterberry...etc

Can we have symbols on both sides of the ponies?

What othe gimmicky stuff can we expect to see on the G4s other than light-ups and poseable limbs? Those are kind of gaudily done, but I miss some of the G2 Magic Motion stuff like the ability to swish the tail when you turn the head.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
Ok nerdy question time:

1. On the bottom of a G4 pony's foot, there is usually at least one number printed in black ink. What do these numbers mean?

2. On a G4 pony's head, under the hair, there is are letter(s) and number(s) stamped into the plastic. What do these numbers mean?

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:27 AM »
1) Are there any plans for more retro releases for the 30th Anniversary of MLP?

2)  Why use the term "cutie mark" instead of symbol? Why are they only one side of the pony's body?

3) (My oldest son wants to ask) "Why do the princess ponies have hair that always moves? Does that mean they are supposed to be prettier than the other ponies?"

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:58:59 AM »
It'll be nice if Hasbro can give us a hint on whether G1-G4 ponies will ever be possible.

Can we have a special set dedicated to G3-G4 releases. We already have Skywishes, it'll be nice if they are more consolidated and widely released.
Along those lines, are there any plans to update any of a previous generation's Pegasus Ponies into Generation 4?  So far G4 pegasi have mostly been old Earth Ponies given wings, plus a few originals.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »
Any chance for more brush-able boy releases after Shining Armor?  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Rion

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
I've got some questions to ask, so I'll shoot.

Can we expect better quality control in the future? Having mis-matched heads and bodies, chunks of dried glue on my ponies, dirt/smudges that will often refuse to come off, and dents from the packaging really make me sad. :[

Will we ever be getting more show-accurate toys or plushies?

Can we get more info, possibly a clearer gauge of the release, for the Toys "R" Us collectors set? (Vinyl, Nightmare Moon, Trixie.)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
What exactly are the legal/trademark issues that prevent Hasbro from using G1 MLP names?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
I'm curious to know what their official stance is on customs, plushies and customized items or merch made with their trademarked characters.  They're all over on ebay and private forums for sale, but I've only heard of one instance where a cease and desist was sent.  Is there some kind of rule against using the names, likenesses, artwork, or do they not care? 

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
Oh oh oh new question, this is cartoon related!

In FiM, are unicorns the only practisioners of magic or can the other breeds pick up magic as well?

Where do pega-unis like Celestia come from? What's their history? Do they share the same ancestry with Mimic and wear the four golden horseshoes?

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »
Do they plan on re releasing any more G1 ponies?
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
Oh oh oh new question, this is cartoon related!

In FiM, are unicorns the only practisioners of magic or can the other breeds pick up magic as well?

Where do pega-unis like Celestia come from? What's their history? Do they share the same ancestry with Mimic and wear the four golden horseshoes?

Hasbro employees do not work on the show, so they can't accurately answer show-related questions.   Regular fans know more about Friendship is Magic than Hasbro reps.   Last year, a fair attendee asked a Hasbro rep why Pinkie Pie was packaged with a mouse instead of Gummy the alligator.  The rep. responded that she had no idea that Pinkie Pie had a pet alligator.

2. On a G4 pony's head, under the hair, there is are letter(s) and number(s) stamped into the plastic. What do these numbers mean?
The letter usually stands for the name of the pony that that particular head mold is based on.  For example, Rarity and Dewdrop Dazzle have "R"s on their heads.  Twilight and Lulu Luck have "T"s on their heads, Applejack and Feathermay have "AJ"s on their heads, and Applebloom and Scootaloo have "SC" (for Scootaloo, I'm guessing) on their heads, etc.  I'm not sure about the numbers though.  Some of the ponies  have numbers and some don't!

Can we expect better quality control in the future? Having mis-matched heads and bodies, chunks of dried glue on my ponies, dirt/smudges that will often refuse to come off, and dents from the packaging really make me sad. :[

Very much this!!!  The poor quality of the G4 line is extremely upsetting to me.

Any chance for more brush-able boy releases after Shining Armor?  :)

Oh yes, I want to know that too!  Here's hoping!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:46:26 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Keiri

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
What exactly are the legal/trademark issues that prevent Hasbro from using G1 MLP names?
Seconding this.

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 01:41:29 PM »
1) Are there any plans for more retro releases for the 30th Anniversary of MLP?

2)  Why use the term "cutie mark" instead of symbol? Why are they only one side of the pony's body?

3) (My oldest son wants to ask) "Why do the princess ponies have hair that always moves? Does that mean they are supposed to be prettier than the other ponies?"

I second your first question. They really should do something special for their 30th anniversary. Maybe they could rerelease the G1 ponies that inspired the FiM ponies (surprise, twilight, sparkler, etc) or maybe they could do the FiM ponies in the style of G1's! I hope they answer this!

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
I would like to know where the sellers who list unrealeased ponies on TaoBao are obtaining their stock--whether it is usually through illicit means (theft from the factory) or not. Especially when the numbers are large enough that it seems unlikely they could have been stolen (like the 100 :muffin: Ponies that became available right before the official announcement that she was the fair/SDCC pony).
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal