collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*  (Read 91326 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: The Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*
« Reply #1215 on: March 05, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »
Saw the long awaited new episode and it was awesome^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 05, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »

Just watched.  It was fun but I had a few issues...  under the spoiler cut:

Spoiler
Like, how did the wardrobe tree suddenly fit three people (Emma, Regina and Robin?)  Wasn't there a whole rule about how it only fits two?  They did a whole flashback episode about this in season 1.  It irks me when the writers forget key details like this.  And speaking of...

Much as I like August, he does *not* get to be off the hook for convincing Neal to abandon Emma and then stealing her money.  He was not always looking out for her.  He convinced Neal to let her go so that she could fulfill her destiny (which landed her in jail,) and then he stole the money that Neal had set aside for her.  I'm not a Neal fan (and I don't hate August,) but, like I said, I don't like it when shows forget their own history.

That said, I appreciated that they finally referenced the Ugly Duckling storyline.  I enjoyed seeing Robin.  I enjoyed Wish World Hook's brief cameo.  :)  And I really enjoyed Emma and August's friendship in this episode.

[/spoiler]
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 06, 2017, 09:20:21 AM »

Just watched.  It was fun but I had a few issues...  under the spoiler cut:

Spoiler
Like, how did the wardrobe tree suddenly fit three people (Emma, Regina and Robin?)  Wasn't there a whole rule about how it only fits two?  They did a whole flashback episode about this in season 1.  It irks me when the writers forget key details like this.  And speaking of...

Much as I like August, he does *not* get to be off the hook for convincing Neal to abandon Emma and then stealing her money.  He was not always looking out for her.  He convinced Neal to let her go so that she could fulfill her destiny (which landed her in jail,) and then he stole the money that Neal had set aside for her.  I'm not a Neal fan (and I don't hate August,) but, like I said, I don't like it when shows forget their own history.

That said, I appreciated that they finally referenced the Ugly Duckling storyline.  I enjoyed seeing Robin.  I enjoyed Wish World Hook's brief cameo.  :)  And I really enjoyed Emma and August's friendship in this episode.

[/spoiler]

Well this was a different wardrobe, made by August...maybe that's why it carried three of them?

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #1218 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
This is a spoiler thread so not putting any of mine under a spoiler tag but:

The flashback to August and kid Emma did confuse me.  I thought that once he had abandoned his duty to take care of her when she was still a baby (always thought that was too much to put on a little boy btw), I thought he didn't see her again until he found her in Storybrook.  And wow was alternate Hook an absolute mess.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 06, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
It was so awesome to see Once Upon a Time again.  My favorite character is Rumpelstiltskin but something has changed about his appearance.  I don't mean Mr. Gold but I think Rumpelstiltskin's make up is a different shade of gold and his hair looked different.  I can't put my finger on it though.

I agree with Koudoawaia  I too thought the same thing.  But, I guess the writers can do what they want.  So, we can assume now that Emma made up her own last name?  I wonder if they'll get into the story of what her real last name was and maybe see her parents before she was given up to live in a foster home?  Or, did she run away from home sorry I can't remember?

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »
This is a spoiler thread so not putting any of mine under a spoiler tag but:

The flashback to August and kid Emma did confuse me.  I thought that once he had abandoned his duty to take care of her when she was still a baby (always thought that was too much to put on a little boy btw), I thought he didn't see her again until he found her in Storybrook.  And wow was alternate Hook an absolute mess.

Oh, I was never mad at him for leaving her when he was little - I also think that was far too much pressure on a little boy.  I have issues with what August and Neal did to Emma when they were adults and decided that prison was a good idea.

But, yeah, I was under the impression that they never saw each other until much, much later.  I still don't believe he was keeping tabs on her. 

"Grandpa Hook" was fun, though.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 07, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »
It was so awesome to see Once Upon a Time again.  My favorite character is Rumpelstiltskin but something has changed about his appearance.  I don't mean Mr. Gold but I think Rumpelstiltskin's make up is a different shade of gold and his hair looked different.  I can't put my finger on it though.

I agree with Koudoawaia  I too thought the same thing.  But, I guess the writers can do what they want.  So, we can assume now that Emma made up her own last name?  I wonder if they'll get into the story of what her real last name was and maybe see her parents before she was given up to live in a foster home?  Or, did she run away from home sorry I can't remember?

I feel like the Rumple we saw was close to the pilot version in his look... Many characters that were in that "wish land" didn't quite look like themselves.

I enjoyed this episode. I guess Regina will get her happy ending; even though DEAD IS DEAD...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #1222 on: March 07, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »
Yeah I'm glad Regina has got some version of Robin back now.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 08, 2017, 07:40:10 AM »
I actually thought Emma's vision was going to come true in this episode but maybe they'll be another fight between them later on which will be Emma's vision.  I'm sure Belle and Mr. Gold's son will try several times to kill Emma before her vision comes true.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #1224 on: March 08, 2017, 10:26:19 AM »
Maybe but I thought it didn't come true because she came to the realization that she could change her fate. Since Belle and Gold's son did get away though, there is definitely a chance for plenty more encounters. Plus holy crap what he did to that poor clock at the end of the episode.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 08, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
Maybe but I thought it didn't come true because she came to the realization that she could change her fate. Since Belle and Gold's son did get away though, there is definitely a chance for plenty more encounters. Plus holy crap what he did to that poor clock at the end of the episode.

I agree about the clock.  The clock to me is a symbol of storybrooke like it's icon.  It's been smashed before though and they usually have it as good as new the next episode.  :biggrin:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 06, 2017, 02:38:26 PM »
I know you guys are still here! Sound off-- I want to know how we're feeling about a musical episode. Yay or nay?

I for one am nay.

While I love a good Disney singalong, I enjoy that OUAT has kept things adult, with very few musical numbers thus far...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 06, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »
I know you guys are still here! Sound off-- I want to know how we're feeling about a musical episode. Yay or nay?

I for one am nay.

While I love a good Disney singalong, I enjoy that OUAT has kept things adult, with very few musical numbers thus far...

I LOVE musicals and I LOVE Disney songs...but I am super iffy about this musical episode. I'll watch it, of course, but I'm not sure about it.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 08, 2017, 08:49:34 AM »
I so loved the musical episode, but I have one issue Granny Hood can't sing.

Best song is Hook's Revenge is gonna be mine.

Why did that ugly Black Fairy had to ruin the end with that curse.

Spoiler
This really isn't a spoiler but I thought that the Evil Queen and the wicked witch's bosoms would pop out that would of been  :blush:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #1229 on: May 08, 2017, 04:47:57 PM »
guuyss did you hear that  Jennifer Morrison is leaving D:
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list