collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Tattoos  (Read 1667 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Pony Tattoos
« on: June 10, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
I found a bunch of cool pony tattoos,I wanted to show you guys.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I guess that one was pony related? I dunno, its a tattoo on a pony, and I like it.visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I probably will get the one of Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy.
 (I hope this one isn't too showy..)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Pony Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »
This made me melt....

I'd consider getting Firefly on me some day <3

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
Aww, sad that fluttershy made it onto ugliest tattoos. Pony tattoos generaly end up on memes and mockery though. I know there are some great ones in the community though!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »
I love pony tattoos and I'd love to get one, though I wonder if very new newcomers to the community will regret them years later.  I'd probably get North Star.. and her compass symbol, like her flying over it.  Or the mlp logo.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

antlercat

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »
I have Rarity's cutiemark tattooed on me, but I don't really have any nice pictures as it's still healing...
I'm also a bit hesitant to post pictures because of sites like bad tattoos as well.

Water_Fire

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »
This made me melt....

I'd consider getting Firefly on me some day <3

I'd kind of like to get Firefly's cutie mark tattooed on me one day... depends whether I still want it when I'm 80! Maybe I'll start drawing it on in pen and see what I think.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »
Hmmm....dont get me wrong I love ponies...but I dont know if I love them [or anything else in the world :P] enough to get it tattoed on me! This could be my general fear of all things involving needles speaking however.

But kudos to those brave enough to get it done...over the years I have seen some amazing artwork...didnt someone have their whole arm with a G1 scene done a few years ago? That was amazing!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

antlercat

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:33:21 AM »
The way I see it: tattoos are representative of the person you were when you got it. And if it meant enough to you to get it then, it should mean enough to you in the future to look back and think "Oh, that was a lovely memory", even if the tattoo itself has maybe lost a bit of its meaning.

My Rarity cutiemark tattoo is personal to me, besides just being a pony-related one, but I won't go into that here :) what I'm saying is...tattoos aren't something to just get "just because" - it's important to think about what it means, in my opinion. :)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:19:50 AM »
The way I see it: tattoos are representative of the person you were when you got it. And if it meant enough to you to get it then, it should mean enough to you in the future to look back and think "Oh, that was a lovely memory", even if the tattoo itself has maybe lost a bit of its meaning.

Couldn't agree more.  I have a few tattoos that meet that last description, but they are far from regrets.

As long as you don't do a significant other's name.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

antlercat

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:23 AM »
Yes - I am pretty much against names as tattoos. I think the only one I am okay with is getting a child's name tattooed, but personally, if I were going to commemorate a child, I would get some sort of symbol instead I think.
:)

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »
totally agree on both counts....mind you ive only got one ink spot....and as fun as it might be to post pic;s...thats not happening..funny thing its my own personal cutie mark so to speak and even in propper location

as cool as it might be to get something of dashie in line art or something..i doubt ill get more..someones bound to say pain nah..it was nothin even if its rather big and a solid fill....i just dont crave ink like some do..it took me almost 20 years to convince myself that id needed it..so yes its got the deep meaning that imo is REQUIRED for getting ink

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »
I want to get Pinkie Pie's cutie mark as a tattoo. I think it would be cute and those who understand its origin will high-five me. Those who don't won't know the difference. I also think this would make a beautiful tattoo:

I see Pokémon tattoos shunned as ugly as well, but who cares? Why does it matter what everyone else thinks? You get a tattoo for you, not for anyone else. So screw everyone else's opinion. You get a tattoo because it's something that you understand to be part of who you are. Wear it proud!

Post Merge: June 12, 2012, 08:19:24 AM

As long as you don't do a significant other's name.  XD

Completely disagree with this as my second tattoo has my husband's name on it. He has a matching one on his arm with my name on it as well. It bothers me that so many people talk about this like it's something that absolutely cannot be done. I also detest the idea that if is done, then it's a guaranteed failure of a relationship.

Being a military wife, it helps me a lot to remember that no matter where my husband is, he is always carrying me around as a permanent part of him, as something he is proud of. Our tattoos have made us a stronger couple than ever and it really upsets me that no matter where I go, there is always someone treating a name tattoo like it's a bad thing to do, just because there's a bandwagon out there that says, "It's taboo, therefore you can't do it." Bollocks on that. I love my name tattoo and 3 years later, I don't regret it even a little.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:19:25 AM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Stroggos

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
My current tattoos are non-pony wrist ones. I still like them despite how badly they turned out and how badly they actually suit me, lol. Though, I'ma get them taken off as it dents a professional/neutral appearance.

I'd be fairly happy with some pony ink probably, but where and what is something that will take extended contemplation. Part of me wants pegasus wings, which is fine at 21 but would not come off too well when I'm 30, 45 and swimming publicly. Perhaps some well defined leg tattoos would work.

Anyway I can't quote everyone in full due to space but a lot of things in this thread so far have made me pause for contemplation. thanks.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
funny thing its my own personal cutie mark so to speak and even in propper location

:lmao:  Awww no pics?  XD XD XD XD

I don't think I'd get a pony tattoo.  If I did, it would likely be someone's symbol.  Not sure whose, though.  Maybe lightning or rainbow dash.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
OMGS I love the Rainbow Dash one. Did you design those?? I plan on getting a tattoo eventually (known it for years) but it's not pony related. However that Dash one is AWESOME.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal