collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 86767 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Amazing idea, please count me in. Mine's a little different though.. I have anorexia nervosa (thread in WYP), and I'm hoping something like this might encourage me to attempt healthier behaviour. I can't say I'll make as much progress as everyone else as it's a horrendously tough journey, but I need all I can get..

Welcome BrightSide =) You're welcome to PM me at any time. I am a 'recovering' anorexic myself so I empathize with your journey. It can be tough, but it is so very worth it. You are worth it =) *hugs*

I am so in!

Welcome! I'm happy that you decided to join us! =)

Rainbow Revolver ~ Mmm. Vegan dishes are the best. I try and do one vegan/vegetarian dish each week. It's significantly improved my skin/hair. I think if I didn't get tired of fixing two dishes I'd be closer to vegetarian than I am (My hubby is very much a carnivore though!)

Hyenacub ~ I know what you mean! I try to limit my pasta dishes to one or two nights a week. I've also switched to more whole grains and that certainly helps. It's still not perfect though.

renee_chan ~ I've got some tasty recipes, I'll link them. They are on allrecipies.com so you can scale the ingredients to a single serving (something that is SO nice. I'm generally only cooking for two and I don't do leftovers much).

DH wants to semi take part too, though I think I might reward him with a gamestop trip or movies, unless someone wants to supply him with bait bodies as he loves to draw on them xD  (he is secretly a pony designer, LOL)

Yay! Having support is so helpful. I certainly don't mind putting a few baits in your box for him. =)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Your Username: Crowning_Glory13
Your GOALS: Mini Goal 135lbs - I gained some of my weight back so I want that off...my major but hard goal to get to is a weight of 130lbs. I also want to stop eating extra snacks...they are never good for me and I have a hard time going for a healthier snack...I want to really have a good active lifestyle. Towards the end of the first round I started creating a habit...I am slowly loosing the habit...I am hoping this time around I will make the habit my lifestyle.

Your PLAN:
I will be using Noom to help me track my calories and my work out.
To get the Calorie Point: I will need to stay in a 1600 cal a day bracket. Noom set that goal for me. I will not be able to have any extra snacks.
To get the Workout Point: I will have to daily stretch, daily work out, and daily music playing. I teach music but I have lost my ability to consistently practice music. And it does burn calories. I want to work on my flexibility so daily stretch will help out. I have found the same work out daily or 3 times a week just bores me...so I will have variety. My goal is to write down what I do...it will stem from the Wii Fit and Wii dance games I have....chores that I normally do not do all the time. My biggest goal is to do something active daily.

I do not mind showing it on this post....I find I do come back to it better when I keep coming back to a forum:)   

Height: "5'4"
    Weight: 141lbs
 Chest: Under bust 32 Inches, middle bust 42, and over is 37...yeah busty girl...
Waist: 38 inches
Hips:39 inches
    GOALS 1.) What is your goal weight? I really want to be 130...it may take longer then 3 months...I am ok with that....135 is my mini goal...135lb looks like I could reach that.
2.) What are your goal inches? My thighs rub...so taking inches off of there...but I really would love to loose a good 2 to 3 inches all around...well more but trying to stay grounded.
3.) What habits do you want to break? I eat horrible snacks all the time:( I love junk food I crave it sometimes....so I want to break my habit of buying extra snacks...and if I do eat junk food like fast food it is only small portions or once every two weeks at the most.
4.) What habits do you want to develop? Staying active is my big habit I want to have. I want to develop portion control on all foods I eat.

PLAN 1.) What program will you be following: I might be repeating myself.
I will be saying my goal weight out loud. I was told that if you say your goal weight out loud you trick you mind into going for that goal...positive affirmation every day. Have to get the mind and body working together. I say 2 things that I am doing great towards this program. My work out will consist of music practice(yes it can burn calories) stretching, and daily random work out. I will be keeping my Cal at 1600 a day. I will also record on my phone each day with Noom.

I am going to push myself a bit more. I was involved in the first one, so I need to step it up. It will be harder for me to gain my points for the day...but this will help me achieve and go on further my weight loss.

Good Luck to everyone!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
I pmed you and I am planning on toning up as well, if I can.  have to lose some weight too, LOL

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Does anyone have any tips to help vegetarians stay away from too many carbs? I love pasta and potatoes and bread and though I try to eat whole grains and such I know I eat too many carbs. I love salad but I can't eat that 3 meals a day. What are some other, easy, one person meals that are vegetarian and low carb? I don't want to cut them out altogether, just not eat so many.

Stir fry! Noodles or rice, just go heavy on the veggies and slightly less rice/noodles than normal. Cheap and very tasty :D

I don't have a cooker yet, I moved house on the 28th of last month and the past week or so all we have been eating is takeaways. I miss my stir frys :( I've really bloated out and my IBS is giving me hell. We have a microwave but I really don't like ready meals, so finding things to eat that are healthy until I can afford a cooker is going to be...interesting! Lots of jacket potatoes and hummus and salad wraps for the moment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile

Oh my gosh, this is EXACTLY the sort of motivation I need! Thank you so much for hosting this!

Your Username: babystarz
Your GOALS:
 I don't own a scale so I don't have an actual pound target, but I want to A) fit into medium sized clothing again B) have more energy and C) develop a regular exercise routine and healthy eating habits. I absolutely must start an exercise regimen and get rid of the two problem areas I have - thighs and tummy. I would love to see my abs again. I will find a scale so I can get my current measurements down and compare them at the end, but I won't be tracking them in the meantime.

Your PLAN:
I've already started a diet. It's your basic calorie counting diet, trying to eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit and fiber, avoiding processed food if possible. Also I stopped eating mammals a few years ago and have learned that lean protein is awesome for my cholesterol, so I will be going for chicken and nuts when I'm super hungry ^^ The real challenge is going to be the exercising part because the thought of going to a gym is horrifying to me. I plan to start getting used to the idea by taking some nice long walks. Once I have a week or so of that under my belt, I have a DVD workout set and free weights that I will start using. I am hoping to find some other fun outdoor exercise opportunities since it's gorgeous here in the summer :) I love to swim, so I would like to do that too. I do not mind being called out at all if I don't exercise, in fact I need that :P  Another challenge for me is that my cooking skills are limited. I've been relying on those Healthy Choice frozen meals but I need to figure out how to make these things on my own because it's much cheaper to do it yourself! At least fruit doesn't need to be cooked, lol!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:55:18 PM by babystarz »

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
i am a very very recovered ED sufferer. i do need to lose weight, but i do not need to lose a healthy body image in the process. so i love this idea! and i will be gentle with myself.

Your Username: kaninchen
 Your GOALS:

i'd like to lose a little weight, mostly for health reasons not vanity ones - so i will try not to too care much about my measurements. i have a reasonable goal in mind.

i want to strengthen my hips and my stamina. i have osteoarthritis in my hip joints and exercise can be hard to impossible for prolonged times. i want to build up the strength to take long walks again and not be so dreadful of the stairs. 

i want to be more mindful of what i put in and what benefits they might have. also, drink more water. i am chronically dehydrated. 

i will not become neurotic or self loathing or obsess over flaws. i will be reasonable. 

Your PLAN:

for weight loss, i will count calories and log my meals using the loseit app. i will try to stay under 1,700 a day, but i will not be neurotic about it. i will go to the gym for at least 30 minutes a day, including gentle weight training for my thighs and hips. two freebie days a week to skip the gym.

i will drink no more than 2 diet sodas a day (hey, this is a big change for me!) and replace with water. 

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Okie doke. I'm think I'm gonna give this a go. I have baby weight that I haven't shifted and my tummy is less firm than I'd like, and I need to be fitter. Further, a friend has just asked me to be a bridesmaid (yikes!!)... or should that be matron of honour, since I'm married?!  :lol:  Anyway... She's getting married in early October, which times in nicely if I can get more toned by the end of September!

So....

Goals: I'd like to get back down to at least 65kg (a 5kg weight loss goal), and mostly to tone up a bit.

Plan: Mine is baby steps. After the kids go to bed, I want to spend 15 minutes to start with, doing some exercise. Hubby wants to tone up a little too, so he said he'll join me (yah!). I'm thinking sit-up type exercises and other gentle toning stuff I saw in a baby magazine once... Hubby can do all the grunty push-ups he wants next to me! I'll aim to build up the work out time gradually. The kids and I do little walks around the neighbourhood, so I will try to step this up a little too. We are usually out for half an hour at a time. Whilst I don't want to push the girls, we'll try to get out at least three times a week.
Food-wise, I'm a tea girl. Bikkies and lollies are my vices. I usually have two cuppas a day, and a warm milk at night. I'll aim to make one of those cuppa's a herb tea, which I am less inclined to have a bikkie with, and cut out the piece of choccie or bikkie I have with my milk at night at least four times a week. And less time in the lolly jar! My main focus will be on toning up. My diet is pretty balanced otherwise, so I'm keen to just drop those terrible temptations down.

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
I'm signing up now I don't want to miss out. :)

Username: Princess Sparkles

Your GOALS
I'm wanting to get more fit and toned. Fit into size 8 jeans again without feeling like my stomach is about to be cut off.

The PLAN
Start eating healthier food and less junk food. Stop eating junk food when I'm bored and do something a lot more constructive eg house work exercise. I'm going to either go to the gym or do a sport. I'll try and do 20 mins of exercise a day at home.

I'll make it more detailed later. ^.^
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

LizbethDawn

I'm in. I'll edit with the little form after we swing by the walmart and get a scale :D

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
I am going to push myself a bit more. I was involved in the first one, so I need to step it up. It will be harder for me to gain my points for the day...but this will help me achieve and go on further my weight loss.

Good Luck to everyone!

You did awesome in the first one! I'm sure you'll do great here too! =) Definitely glad to have you on board!

TexasGal ~ Yup! Updated the front post. I also definitely need to tone up. I'm going to try doing some strength training/resistance this time around.

Pinkamena ~ Mmm. Stir-frys. Also a great way to use up left overs. I love that they are generally quick and easy.

babystarz ~ Yay! Welcome! I do a lot of my own frozen meals too. It's just so much more cost effective and I don't have to worry about loads of sodium.

i am a very very recovered ED sufferer. i do need to lose weight, but i do not need to lose a healthy body image in the process. so i love this idea! and i will be gentle with myself.

Welcome to the group! =) That was my entire thought process too having struggled with an ED before, I definitely don't want to lose my healthy body image now. Though there are things I need to change for health reasons. I'm glad that you decided to join in =)

Marlin~ Yay and welcome! I know what you mean about grunty push ups. My other half does them as well (mostly because he has to being in the army). It is nice when they offer support though! Also, the white puppy in your sig reminds me of the dog I grew up with, it's adorable =)

Princess-Sparkles ~ Yay! Welcome!

LizabethDawn ~ Sounds like a plan! I've got you down as tentatively right now.

ZettaMomo

I think I am going to join! I have been trying to work out again because I am simply so frail! D: I think something like this may help me stick to my goals!

Your Username: ZettaMomo / Rache
Your GOALS:
- Do some form of working out/physical activity for around 30 minutes for at least 5 days a week.
- Work on things like my core, arms, and legs to form muscles.
- Eat healthier. I am lazy and don't cook enough good food for myself. I need to eat more fruits and vegetables. Also remember to get some more vitamins!
- Cut back to only 1 can of pop per day (though I should try and drink water/milk/juice as a replacement).
- Do light stretching to help with my back pain.

Your PLAN:
- Work out using the Wii Fit, Zumba, DVDs, ect.
- Go out for walks down town once or twice a week.
- Go grocery shopping for more fruits and vegies.
- Eat more whole grains. Whole grain bread, cereal, pastas, granola bars, ect.
- Try and keep hydrated and always have water with me so I am not tempted to drink lots of pop.
- Do some stretching when I wake up and before I go to bed

Thank you for making something like this! I think it is really neat idea. I like being able to talk with people and have support throughout the process. I will be PMing you shortly with my wishlist. c:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Hubby can do all the grunty push-ups he wants next to me!

:lmao:  This just caught me right.  Hmm  I need to build muscle, myself...push-ups are a good idea.  I used to be able to do twenty or thirty.  Now I can do...three.  Maybe.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I'm so joining this one!! ETA Sorry this got so long!!!!!

Your Username: Lemontwist
Your GOALS: Oh my gosh, where do I start? My most basic goal is that I want to get back down to around 110 lbs. I would like to be under that actually, because I'm really short and I love how I looked when I was that weight before, but I also didn't have much muscle so I know very well that I want to be in shape and for that, I have to sacrifice the idea that a weight number really matters. I want to BUILD muscle. No, not get bulky, but you do have to actually build muscle to get what everyone likes to call "toned" ;) Still though I will be keeping track and hopefully getting to around that area. I'd have to lose about 25 lbs to get there!!

I also want to get IN SHAPE. My goals for physical activity are numerous. I want to be active for at least 30 SOLID minutes a day, not counting random five minute walks here and there or whatever. I want to get better at yoga, and my specific goals for that are I want to be able to do a headstand, I want to be able to put my hands flat on the ground when I reach to touch my toes (with straight legs of course hahaha) and I want to improve the flexibility of my back greatly (It's just so tense and stuck, it's so hard for me to even like lean forward in my back).

Also this is a "vanity" goal as I like to call it but I want to fit back into all my "skinny" clothes. What can I say, they're all really nice pieces and I can't afford to buy anything nice anymore haha!

Your PLAN: Okay, you guys are not gonna believe this. Okay, maybe you will, but I don't. I joined a gym JUST today! Before I even found this thread. My aunt goes to this gym and so I'm going with her now. The guy even gave me a guest pass that's supposed to be for a week but he made it for two weeks because he's reeeeeally nice (and/or wants my money hehe) and once that's up I am soooooo joining for real. Even though I'm not going to be here for more than a few months.

SO, my plan is this: Yoga class at least twice a week. I know I'll go more than that but it's just a minimum goal there haha. I went to one today and it was amazing. Also, I want to use the other awesome things they have there, like they have all these treadmills and stair steppers and machines that I don't even know what they do!! But I will use them! And swimming. Actually my aunt has a pool so I will probs just be swimming here instead. She also goes on a lot of power walks and I do them with her now, so see I have a lot of things to do for my 30+ minutes a day and hopefully won't get bored hehe.

Also I want to eat healthier. You know how they say, eat healthy 80% of the time and the other 20% won't matter? It really works for me. I put on so much weight though from not following that, from going back and forth with some more serious eating problems I won't talk about here, and such, that it's hard to get back into the habit of the 80/20  eating again. Obviously not specific percentages but you know, just really try and make the majority of my eating healthy, relatively clean, and to be intuitive and know when I need to eat and when I just want to eat because I'm sad/bored/whatever. I don't want to make my eating plans too specific because I have an issue with obsessing over them, which I guess is one of my goals actually, I want to STOP the obsessive thoughts and learn to eat in a way that's both physically and emotionally healthy.

So I guess that's all for now! I'm sure I'll come up with a whole plethora of small goals I want to achieve, but I'll spare you guys haha.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Welcome ZettaMomo and lemontwist!! I'm very happy to have both of you on board =)

Hubby can do all the grunty push-ups he wants next to me!

:lmao:  This just caught me right.  Hmm  I need to build muscle, myself...push-ups are a good idea.  I used to be able to do twenty or thirty.  Now I can do...three.  Maybe.

Well you've got me beat! I don't think I can manage one. I also have issues with hyper-extension of my elbow joints, so I always worry I'll throw something out of whack!

And the thread has been updated to this point =)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
i would love to join but i dont need to lose waight i need to try to gain a little and to stop slouching so much theres a coupe other things i need to help myself with does that qualify me?  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal