collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So disappointed, my poor MOC shoreline :/ UPDATE 6/5/12 :D  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
So disappointed, my poor MOC shoreline :/ UPDATE 6/5/12 :D
« on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
So I bought this gal off of ebay and for the price, I was super excited to get her.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160809706098?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Needless to say the pony arrived to day with WAY more than dammage than "one small bend".

I only paid $45 total for her, and I want to keep her but her bubble is broken there are a few rips in the card and many bends in the card.

I DO NOT want to return her, but there is so much unlisted damage.

HELP!!!!! what do I do?
Seller's return policy for this itemThis item must be returned within 14 days after the buyer receives it. The buyer pays for return shipping. The refund will be given as Money Back.

Does this mean that my only option is to return?
I want at least a partial refund.

*UPDATE 6/5*
Seller responded to my concerns and was very professional and understanding.
Offered me a $10 refund on Shoreline, which I accepted as a fair solution to the problem.

Very nice seller, I was  afraid I was going to get my head bit off for mentioning Shorline's issues.
Very happy that this was worked out without any major stress!! <3

Thank you everyone who posted here and offered me your experiences and advice<3

here are photos I took of her arrival-

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:43:26 AM by Whoa1234 »

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So disappointed, my poor MOC shoreline :/ Advice would be loved..
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:46:21 PM »
Oh man that sucks I hate it when descriptions aren't right!
Best thing to do is contact the seller and explain and see if they'll offer a partial refund?

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
How was she packaged?  Do you think the extra damage was caused in the mail, or simply not listed?  Most sellers are willing to work with you to make you happy, if you indicate what you'd consider a happy resolution that is reasonable for both sides.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure she was damaged before shipping.
She was sent to me in a well padded box.
The box itself shows no signs of being squished or damaged.
:/

This is the message I sent the seller-
Hello there,
Thank you for shipping so quickly, unfortunately there are many issues with Shoreline that were not listed in the description. I’m not sure if they were there prior to shipping or occurred during. The box she came in had no signs of being crushed or squashed though.  When I received her there were many bends, an actual rip in the card and a crushed broken spot in the bubble. These issues can be seen in the photos I am attaching. Due to the description making her sound that her only problem was in fact “one small bend” I was expecting to get something in much better condition. Shoreline can’t talk and tell me how she was damaged, all I know is that I wasn’t expecting her to arrive in such poor condition. Please understand I would like to keep her, but I feel that the price I paid was for a pony in much better condition.  I do not wish to return her, but hopefully we can come to an agreement on some sort of partial refund.
Thanks,
Sierra
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:35:34 PM by Whoa1234 »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:47:28 PM »
I recently had the same thing happen. I bought a moc, but the bubble was cracked and dirt had gotten in. The seller was nice and is accepting the return. I can see how the break in the bubble might be missed because it's clear, but the card looks really beat up.

The best thing to so is contact your seller. If you really want the pony you can request a partial, but I know a lot of sellers don't like doing that.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »
Depends on the seller.  Misleading/incomplete listings are not the fault of the bidder, and ebay will usually side with you for that.  It may be different with more expensive items, but with loose ponies at least I've often been offered a partial refund where the seller failed to describe/photograph significant issues.  Part of that probably stems from the fact shipping things back from Canada would often cost them more than a partial refund, though. 

If you do choose to return the pony, the seller should pay for return postage as well since it was their fault they didn't fully describe the damage.  The return policy is for cases where you simply decide you don't want the item, and not for misleading listings. (as far as I'm aware.)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »
Ugh! its always disappointing when sellers dont list all the damage *sigh*  :( 
I think your message sounds fine though  :bigups:   :hug:  Contacting the seller and seeing if they would work this out with you is the best thing to do to start with :)   If the seller does not respond or will not resolve this, then you do have the option to open an "item not as described " case on ebay. There will be options listed on their as to how you would prefer your seller to deal with this (partial refund is one of them I believe) - you click on this , and it will let the seller know thats what you prefer rather than a full refund/return.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
Oh god, I feel your pain. A while ago I had a similar MOC problem. Bought an MOC G2 for a good price, arrived with a lot more damage than pictured and also damage due to poor packaging... and they overcharged shipping. The seller refunded the shipping difference but thought they had described the pony well!  :drunk:

It's a really disappointing feeling when that pristine MOC turns out to be... not-so-pristine. Hopefully the seller will agree to a partial though.  :hug:

Sternenstaub

Re: So disappointed, my poor MOC shoreline :/ UPDATE 6/5/12 :D
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 01:49:04 PM »
I'm happy to see that things worked out for you. :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
yay!! I'm so happy this turned out so well! its always great to hear when things have been resolved quickly and amicably    :cheer:  :happy:  :frolic:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

StarGleamer

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »
I can see the damage pretty clearly in the ebay photo but the description IS incorrect, I'm glad she refunded you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal