collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sundance shirt found at Forever21  (Read 8360 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Sundance shirt found at Forever21
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 08:09:31 PM »
I love that shirt except for the fringe! Ugh, in WHAT group of people is that style popular? I thought it died a few decades ago? And the California part IS totally random...but I live in California so yay? That image is so darn cute though, and I do love gray shirts...(Black is a no-go with 16 cats, and white is usually see-through. Gray is nice :) ) I think I might need it...maybe I can cut off the fringe and use it as a sleep shirt?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
I was SO excited when I spotted that shirt a few months ago and I rushed over to it...only to see that horrible, hideous fringe cut. :( I'm sorry, but I find that style unbelievably ugly, so despite how adorable she is, I had to pass it up. Why can't Forever 21 (or Hot Topic, or whatever), put old school ponies on more items? Or even Gen 4, that's cool too, but on shirts designed for those of us who DON'T wear boring mens t-shirts?

rainbowstars

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »
I'm sorry to those who like this, but it is so upsetting to me:(, Not any offense Monstar cause you are awesome :D.  It's not necessarily the fringes, but the "California", like it's some cool Hollywood thing, that, and the croppedness.  I don't like the whole trying to be cool thing that is going on.  Part of me really wants to like it, but I just don't. 

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »
I don't mind that it says California. I've never been, but I'd wear shirts that said Hawaii or Florida because I just like the ocean and beaches.  I would take a pony shirt that said California any day over those awful daddy issue shirts Hasbro has been putting out lately... :-/

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
I think the fringe is awesome, but the CA...NOT.  It MIGHT be the brand of the graphic of the graphic company.  It says:

"A heathered knit top featuring a "California" My Little Pony graphic. "

Or it might be some sort of thing where there are several shirts with "California" on it, with different themes and graphics?  Those are the only two ideas I have LOL

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Well, seeing as it's being sold at forever21, it's obviously aimed at teenagers and young adults. This fit and the fringes are very popular with my age group! I love this shirt, IMO the fringe is hip and makes the pony less babyish, and the cut is cute. Have no idea about the california though, lol.

Sorry if you guys don't like it, but maybe you should see it from the perspective of who it's aimed for. :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »
I'm sorry, it looks like hipster garbage.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 08:41:26 PM »
Lol y'all aren't offending me by not liking the shirt, no worries :) I am only here to report the find! :3
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
Hey, it's cool, not everyone has to like it  C:  I'd totally wear it if I were a girl.  XD  AND if it didin't say California.

It's just another 80s revival.  Half shirts for girls and guys were big in the early and mid-80s.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Phekzhen

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
Hey, what's with all the internalized body shaming going on here? :(

Just because you've had a baby or don't look like the model doesn't mean that something doesn't look "good" on you. Be proud of your body the way it is! I'm really tall and thin and have been told multiple times that I should model, and people still make fun of my body or say that I'm ugly. And the only thing that matters is what you think about your body.

Personally, I don't like the fringe or the "California," but one of my friends takes clothes and makes patches out of them, then sews them onto other things, so she could "transfer" Sundance for me onto something else.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
Um, cuz California is the best state, DUH! :P

LOL! *points to location* Hee hee, I'm so cheeky! But yeah, not sure why ponies would be Californian more so than, say, Rhode Islanders... since that's where the Hasbro headquarters are... Oh well! I doubt this would fit me, fringe or no, so I'll have to reserve judgement til I see it in person!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »
Well, seeing as it's being sold at forever21, it's obviously aimed at teenagers and young adults. This fit and the fringes are very popular with my age group!
Sorry if you guys don't like it, but maybe you should see it from the perspective of who it's aimed for. :)

I'm a 24 year old woman and I think the style is terrible :P I may be just a step past 21 but I think I'm still in the 'who it's aimed for' group. Good to know there are apparently people out there who appreciate the style though, lol.

Um, cuz California is the best state, DUH!
I'm glad someone else understands! :silly:

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
Hey, what's with all the internalized body shaming going on here? :(

Just because you've had a baby or don't look like the model doesn't mean that something doesn't look "good" on you. Be proud of your body the way it is! I'm really tall and thin and have been told multiple times that I should model, and people still make fun of my body or say that I'm ugly. And the only thing that matters is what you think about your body.

Uh, coming from someone who has baby weight to complain about. . .baby weight is fat. And you can gain a lot of it, and it can be really really hard to loose. I have a literal 'flap' of skin/fat because of my pregnany, and so I would look HORRENDOUS in any sort of short shirt. Anyone that isn't basically skin and bones will NOT look good in crop tops or shirts like that (but if they want to wear them idc, their choice). Its not "body shaming". Not everyone will look good in everything, because there are so many different body types & sizes and so many skin tones, hair colors, bone structures, etc. That's just how it is.

If you're (general you) not the right body type to "match" a certain style but want to wear it anyways, good for you, but not everyone feels that way. Some people prefer to wear the styles that are made for their body type, because it looks better.

As for the "its for teens" deal, I'm 19. Still hate this shirt and that whole style.

Folly

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 10:03:57 PM »
....I don't think I understand the thought process.  I get pre-distressed jeans since otherwise distressing takes either time or effort, but... that's just a T-shirt that's had a scissors taken to it.  Anyone can do that.  Wouldn't it be more accessible to sell it as a T-shirt and expect people who want a chopped up T-shirt to chop it up? :x and then people who like ponies and Cali but not weird fringes could get it too!  You can cut up a shirt, but you can't un-cut up a shirt...

I guess I just don't get modern trends *sigh*

That's coming from a sixteen year old who never wears skirts that are more than 5cm above the knee and tapes down any shirt that could possibly be looked down though.  Pretty sure my opinion is invalid on matters like this XD

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
Blech. No offense to anyone who likes the shirt/style (we all have different tastes!), but personally I think this is horrible. 'California' is so random on an MLP shirt  (released nationally, at least [maybe internationally?]) that they could almost put any other word there and it would make just as much sense. 'Toaster' 'Notepad' 'Garage'. Or any other random place...'Pakistan' 'West Oak Street' etc.

On a side note, are 'belly shirts' really coming back into 'style'? Save me Jebus...

Thanks for posting about it though! It would have been funny if it didn't just make me want to facepalm :P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal