collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cute Husband Moment  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Cute Husband Moment
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
These are such sweet stories! :lovey:

My OH looks in charity shops for me and comes with me to bootsales, and once he asked the manager in Argos if he could have the MLP display sign for me :lovey: he even carries my ponies when we've been shopping!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »
he even carries my ponies when we've been shopping!

Aww! The first time my hubbs took me to get ponies from the local vintage toy shop I had too many and couldn't carry them all. I asked him to take some and he refused. :( I got them all to the counter and afterwards I asked him why he didn't help me and he said, "I knew that if I took some for you, you'd grab more of them." Ha ha! He knows me so well.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
he even carries my ponies when we've been shopping!

Aww! The first time my hubbs took me to get ponies from the local vintage toy shop I had too many and couldn't carry them all. I asked him to take some and he refused. :( I got them all to the counter and afterwards I asked him why he didn't help me and he said, "I knew that if I took some for you, you'd grab more of them." Ha ha! He knows me so well.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I am NOT telling my OH that! :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »
Aww, that is really sweet :)

My hubby is very supportive. He often suggests going for a run to TRU (it's in a different city).
When he worked at Walmart, he called me from work because a father had gone through his checkout with the Wing Wishes ponies I'd been hunting for.
And once while trying to rescue our silly canary from where he trapped himself, hubby uncovered a very beat up pony, and pulled it out for me. (bird was rescued safely)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »
Husbands who support but don't collect are the best! My hubby gives me ponies as Christmas presents every year. He asks for an updated version of my wishlist, and then gets ponies he know I won't buy for myself. I owe having Mimic, Diamond Dreams, all of my Candy Cane ponies, and Fireball to him....and that's just to name a few. To top it off, he took me to the fair last summer as our first trip out with the new baby. :)

kirei_na_sakura

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
:) All of these stories are really awesome!

My boyfriend is also very supportive of my collecting. I am rather new, having started in February, but our apartment is now overrun with 100+ ponies, and he doesn't mind at all, even though they have taken up every inch of shelf space we have (including both TVs).  He likes to be there when I open packages from eBay so he can see the new additions. His favorite part is what he calls "Pony-washing," aka when I get new ponies that need to be "spruced up". He climbs in the tub with them and helps me wash them and shampoo their hair. He even did it by himself one night when I had to work late! Also, he likes to sing the opening theme to FIM with me whenever we watch it together.

He's a keeper I think :D

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Such sweet stories, everyone!

My husband recently came home from the grocery store with a box of MLP gummies.  He's been super supportive of my pony-collecting and watched FiM with me a few times. :)

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
I love that story!  How sweet of him!!  How awesome is it that your husband went garage saling for you!  Awww!  :)

My hubby is so sweet.  I've never really c ollected anything before... started with ponies in August, and every gift he's gotten me since has been ponies.  My birthday in November was a bag of ponies every week at my bellydance class for a month prior to my bday... and on my bday I got the 80's dvd show set!  He also bought me two baby ponies on ebay.  They happened to be the 'wrong' ones (I gotten those in a swap, and the ones I had as a child had the same names, but were the teeny tiny twins instead of the newborns, haha).  It was the sweetest thing!  He really is a sweetheart!  And all those ponies in our bedroom... hahaha.  Oh well, I guess I've put up with all his Star Wars and Transformers through our 9 years of marriage, haha.  Actually, I don't mind!  toys and books are awesome.

I love reading about how much others sweethearts love them to do something like that! 

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline MidoriKeiko

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »
My boyfriend is very awesome :)
Still being back at uni my pony and monster high budget is low.
We went to the store the other day and I found the new wave was out.
I couldn't pick which one to buy so he swept everyone one off the shelf
And declared. "that's okay Hun Hun, I will buy them all for you."
So now I get a good mark on an assignment I am reward with a pony!
He also does this with the blind bag ponies when they were around in Australia.

He always calls me (when he travels mainly) to see if I have this or that monster high.
I feel very privileged to have him by my side <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 11:55:11 PM »
Cute boyfriend moment! :D We were at the park, and I wanted to take some photos of my Black Art Pony as well as Sundance. He was holding Sundance, probably because I had a bag and a boxed pony and a camera in my arms, and decided to sit down and be cute. It was adorable.

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »
This thread is just wonderful! It gives me the happies :D

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:44 AM »
These stories are so adorable :D! It makes me extremely jealous...
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »
my fiance's nabour was throwing out a big box of ponies so he asked her if he could have them for me. She said yes, he sent them to me he even recongnised one of teh ones I'd been after for an age in the box I was so happy! It meant I was only missing diamond dreams from my carosel collection.

He also sits with me while I hair custom ponies, we chat or what a film he dosen't mind at all. We have even desined some of the ponies I make together which is super fun, I couldn't ask for some one more suportive of my pony collecting habit.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »
My hubby has never really supported my pony collecting per se, but he's never been totally against it, either. If you'd ask him he'd say differently, however, but I think it's in teasing. But, for my story: My grail had always been UK variant Princess Royal Blue with glow in the dark hair from the moment I had laid eyes on her. But she is always so expensive. My husband frowns at me buying a $20 pony, so buying a $200 is so out of the question. But one week there were two on eBay and I showed them to him and I told him all about them and how much I wanted them. Well, they sold around the $200 mark of course without him bidding for me. I was disappointed. They don't come around very often.

Then, like a week later, someone has one for sale on the Arena. I tell him about it, and to my surprise, he tells me I can buy her for my birthday gift. I am shocked. So, I am the proud owner of my grail thanks to my hubby. He even suggested getting a display case for her and everything. :)

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That is so adorable - He's a keeper! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal