collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Ponies that people *think* are rare HTF :)  (Read 13489 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Ponies that people *think* are rare HTF :)
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
Ugh...sea ponies.  Cannot get over this enough.  True, year 3 sea ponies are up there in value, but I responded to a Craigslist ad one time and looked through this girls ponies.  She had tons of nice G1's and wanted $2 a piece.  I sorted through a few and pulled out what I wanted (passed on McD ponies and BBE's).  I went to pay and she said that she had a super rare pony that she was saving for ebay - and she pulls out a Sealight.  ><  She said she was watching ebay and this pony was sure to fetch her at least $200.  Oh my...

And so I walked away with a minty set of SS Sundance and Megan (fully clothed) and a *mint* SS Angel and SS Bangles with a couple of other ponies.  Yup - I paid $15ish total. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
In all honesty, all G1s are rare and hard to find to me because I can't ever find any. =p

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 08:26:22 AM »
Oh ive made many many moments like this! Its worse when you go a carboot/market and ANY toy that is in a plastic bag...somehow doubles the value :huh: , I knew a toy dealer that had all her toys loose is different boxes and were £1 each.....then one week every toy was bagged up and she was charging £3  :shocked: .

Ive given up trying to tell people on eBay as they just get very offended thinking im trying to scam them......there is one person at the moment who is selling all her G1s at £40 each....including poor old peachy

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:16 AM »
Oh ive made many many moments like this! Its worse when you go a carboot/market and ANY toy that is in a plastic bag...somehow doubles the value :huh: , I knew a toy dealer that had all her toys loose is different boxes and were £1 each.....then one week every toy was bagged up and she was charging £3  :shocked: .

You should have asked her if the bags were available for a separate purchase of £2 each.  :silly:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 03:40:29 AM »

You should have asked her if the bags were available for a separate purchase of £2 each.  :silly:

LOL! Baby_yoyo and I often go 'booting together, so I shall remember to ask next time! XD
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:55 AM »
Hahaha, sorry, that reminded me, a few weeks ago someone here in iceland posted a pic showing that jars with (I think) jam in them were actually cheaper than buying empty jars of same capacity! It was ridiculous :P guess they went to the same school of economics as that boot market seller :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 07:17:23 AM »
Ugh there was was one bloke at a bootsale I went to...I saw a G3 Wysteria in really grotty condition. I picked her up thinking she would be great custom fodder, expecting him to say 25p or something. No, he wanted a fiver for her. Swore blind she was a super-duper really rare pony from the 1970s, one of the original ones; seriously I swear this bloke thought the poor pony could crap gold. Needless to say Wysteria got left behind!

Did you point out that this 'super-duper really rare pony from the 1970s' had a stamp on her hoof listed 2002?

Yep. He said it was a batch number. That's when I walked away...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »
Ugh there was was one bloke at a bootsale I went to...I saw a G3 Wysteria in really grotty condition. I picked her up thinking she would be great custom fodder, expecting him to say 25p or something. No, he wanted a fiver for her. Swore blind she was a super-duper really rare pony from the 1970s, one of the original ones; seriously I swear this bloke thought the poor pony could crap gold. Needless to say Wysteria got left behind!

Did you point out that this 'super-duper really rare pony from the 1970s' had a stamp on her hoof listed 2002?

Yep. He said it was a batch number. That's when I walked away...

:lmao:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
Some of these are so pathetic, it's kind of sad!! I'm not sure if I should be crying on the inside or laughing, but I am doing a lot of both while reading these!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal