collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena sale has turned into a nightmare! Aniko79 / lizziekovacs *UPDATED 7 JUNE*  (Read 12091 times)

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
hi everyone

I'm sorry to say I am having a nightmare with a sale her at the arena ANIKO79 , however this has just taken another awful twist on ebay with the same person...

So here goes...

A fairly new member here asked me to put a hold on a pony for her and despite really needing the money I agreed to wait a month for her to make payment, in the meantime I passed up a few other sales on her.  I always trust my instincts and when the date she was meant to pay approached I just had a feeling she wasn't going to pay, so I sent her a PM and my fears were confirmed.  She made several excuses, I'm not sure whether these are true or not, I wasn't sure as  I noticed she had won a few ponies at  the arena in the meantime.  She did not confirm if she still wanted the pony or not and the date she was supposed to pay came and went.  I PMed again to ask if she could confirm if she wanted her or not and     she asked if she could pay half and send the other half later but did not say how long it would take for the 2nd payment.  So I haven't heard back from her about that yet.... BUT things just turned into a nightmare and I'm so upset now...

At the weekend I listed a load of stuff for sale on ebay including a few rare ponies and the one she put on hold. 
This morning I woke up to a message on ebay from a member with 2 feedback, asking how long I would wait for payment for one of the rare ponies, they were also from the same country as the arena member, I just knew it was the same person.  So I replied saying ebay usually require immediete payment for buy it now items and that I state in my auctions payment within 48 hours.  So I check my sales page and realize this member has BOUGHT the two expensive ponies I listed for sale!!! (including the one I put on hold for her) 

I couldn't believe it, I am so upset as now Ebay has slapped me with a massive fee for selling them not to mention the fees for re listing if she does not pay.  I really doubt they will pay as they couldn't even pay for the pony at the arena and the second pony on ebay was even more expensive than the one she wanted originally. 
I know this is going to be a long drawn out battle to get my money back.  Why oh why would someone do this? 

The very sad thing is that I really really need the money which is why I am selling some things and there were many other watchers on Ebay who may have paid for the ponies.  Also I have had to pass up on a very special pony that meant alot to me, that I was in the process of buying because of all the non paying bidders on ebay lately. I want to cry right now  :yikes:       

*UPDATE* the member is Aniko79

So I finally received a message on ebay from the person who did the BIN for the 2 ponies.  This person claims to be buying the ponies to cheer up her daughter who has recently lost her father.  She says she has transfered money to paypal which should clear in a few days...  I'm not sure what going on here... Is this the same person as at the arena pretending to be the mother?  This is most definitely the same person or someone buying on behalf of this person.  This could be a genuine situation or someone seriously playing games. 
Still no word from her at the arena, I asked her to confirm when she was going to send the payment..... although she has read this message.

I have also found out that another member is having trouble getting payment at the arena.  I will keep you all updated! x

*UPDATE 3 JUNE*
She has been in touch here at the arena and is offering to pay $10 of the $100 she owes and also claims not to be the member on ebay, i'm very suspicious of this for many reasons....

On ebay I have opened cases for both ponies, this ebay buyer lizziekovacs has messaged twice to say payment was on its way and it has not appeared.  She claims to be the mother of Aniko79 saying that she wanted to buy the ponies for her daughter who recently lost her father.  I will be relisting the items. 

I contacted ebay who told me that lizziekovacs has many unpaid item cases on her account and is being investigated.  Even if they paid now I will not sell to them now, just want an end to all these games : ( 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:17:11 AM by willa »
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
Re: Arena sale has turned into a nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:55:34 AM »
I feel so sorry for you. I really hope you'll get your money for the ponies

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:15:29 AM »
That really sucks, I hope you get it worked out. I've had problems with non paying new members as well on ebay. I think you can block people who have less than 5 or 10 feedback from buying your stuff. It might be good to do in a situation like this, especially since you really need the money right now.
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:25:02 AM »
 :hug: willa.
I am sorry that you are having to go through this not once but twice  :(  with the same person.

I would send a polite email and explain to her again that you require payment within 48 hours and that is the bottom line.  Or you will open a NPB case as you did not agree to waiting for payment from her on ebay.  I would stick to your guns since she has already put you off on payment through here.  I would also add her immediately to your blocked bidders list so she can not purchase anymore of your items. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:05:12 AM »
Oh wow   :(  how frustrating :sad: 
:hug: willa.
I am sorry that you are having to go through this not once but twice  :(  with the same person.

I would send a polite email and explain to her again that you require payment within 48 hours and that is the bottom line.  Or you will open a NPB case as you did not agree to waiting for payment from her on ebay.  I would stick to your guns since she has already put you off on payment through here.  I would also add her immediately to your blocked bidders list so she can not purchase anymore of your items. 

This for sure! ^^ stick to the 48 hours and then if she doesnt pay up ,  open 2 x Non paying bidder cases on her . This isnt acceptable behaviour from your buyer , and you would be well within your rights to refuse to sell her anything else and block her . 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
Wow, as soon as she sent me a message on Ebay I would have blocked her. Do you know how to block people?

I would seriously have reservations on sending her any ponies. Just hope she doesn't pay, open a case and let it go. Block her id, remember her shipping info (so you can know if she makes another id) and don't communicate with her anymore.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »
Wow! I can't believe that. I agree. 48 hrs and open a case. This member had a month and is just wasting your time.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
Wow...  she needs to pay you and stop surfing for stuff on Ebay.

You can also let us know who the member is, in case they are doing this to other members as well.  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Has it been confirmed they are the same person?
-

Blitzn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
Yeah I just started to post things again, and had a problem with a non-paying member. She asked me to hold it for a week too! So I am going to have to start instituting a deposit program like I have to do at certain other forums.
A month is crazy long.
But you can get your fees reversed for non-paying buyers on ebay. Still sucks. Hope your situation straightens out.

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
Thanks for the support everyone  :hug:

Right now I am pretty certain that this has to be the same member at the arena and on ebay, firstly they are from the same fairly small european country, both are hunting this particular type of variant and are both asking how long I will wait for payment.  I still have heard nothing back from her, on ebay or here at the arena. 
If I don't receive payment in 48 hours I will be adding her ID's to this thread so others can be aware.

I just couldn't believe she had gone ahead with the buy it now on both ponies before awaiting my answer and just upset I may have missed out on a real sale : (
I really don't like situations and if it was just the arena problem I would have just walked away from the sale but she has really pushed her luck now...
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
I would open a non paying bidder case as soon as the auctions are eligible to have one opened. I think its four days from the sale date.
Sorry this happened to you, what a crummy buyer!!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »
I just want to say that whether she pays you on Ebay doesn't really matter. She is dishonest for asking you to hold a pony only to go buy it on Ebay.

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
All the best Willa, I hope this all works out for you. *hugs*
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:59 AM »
That's a really crappy thing to do. It's bad enough when it's not ebay but when it's on ebay where the rules are spelled out in writing and you know full well the seller had to pay listing fees.... that's just wrong. Hopefully they'll pay but if not I hope you at least get some small satisfaction in reporting them. I don't think you get very many strikes on ebay before you get suspended so I'll cross my fingers for ya :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal