collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First attempt at sculpting, need some help with the beard!  (Read 305 times)

Scarab

• Trade Count: (0)
Today I found some cheap Sculpey III while searching for blind bags and I bought three small packs. Didn't really know what to expect because I've never really worked with clay before. Turns out that I really enjoy sculpting and this is the most fun I've had since I started doing customs.  :biggrin:

This is what I've done so far, but I want to add a long-ish goatee. How do you people sculpt longer beards? Do you use wire or just sculpt it on as it is? Pics of your sculpted beards would be appreciated.  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:05:12 AM by Scarab »

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: First attempt at sculpting, need some help with the beard!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »
depending on how small it is id try to use like small bits of foil, sculpting directly onto wire has always been hard for me xD. also i really want this custom ROFL it looks awesome so far
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Scarab

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: First attempt at sculpting, need some help with the beard!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »
depending on how small it is id try to use like small bits of foil, sculpting directly onto wire has always been hard for me xD. also i really want this custom ROFL it looks awesome so far
Why didn't I think of foil earlier? Could have saved me a lot of time with the horns. :lol: Will try it out and see how it goes. Aww, glad you like him! ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal