collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A question about postage quotes  (Read 530 times)

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
A question about postage quotes
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
Since getting your beloved ponies to you from the 'Edge of the world' ;) is a big matter for every collector I'd like to learn how high shipping quotes can be.
Because sometimes I feel like the seller (mostly) on ebay is reaaally overpricing it. For example once a person had this high shipment from France but when I asked about anything lower she gave me a 3 times lower shipment (?).
I know that some countries have higher shipping like the Netherlands (and so much of wonderful ponies...) but some price it really fair.
So my question is: could you write me how much would a shipment from your country for a 'up to 500g' letter (without tracking and insurance) to a) Europe, b) USA c) Australia would be?
For example from Poland it is (approx.): a) $4,5;  b) $6  c) $10
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Itajn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A question about postage quotes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »
Basic shipping from Russia is small package (up to 2kg allowed). Tracking number included, and you can't ship without it. Same rate for all the countries, depending only from total weight. There's two options, air and ground. I don't recommend ground mail - it literally takes forever for $1-2 lower cost.
Small airmail package cost $5-$30. Up to 500g should be under $20.
All other shipping options start from $30.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
from USA
to England would be $13.17, 
to USA is dirt cheap so I randomly picked Mexico instead $10.58
to Australia would be $13.17

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
The reason that there is such a discrepancy is due to the speed of shipping I think. From the U.S. first class international can take up to 3 weeks, whereas priority international takes no longer than 10 days. The difference in price between the two can be $30 or more. Also, almost all sellers require insurance for international purchases over a certain amount because it's the only way to prove that the items were shipped and arrived to the buyer - without it, the buyer can claim the item never arrived and the seller will be forced to issue a refund by eBay, even if the item did in fact arrive. Insurance is only available for priority international or express mail international for U.S. shipments, and it's an extra cost on top of postage. So things can get really expensive - I just shipped several MOC G2's to a buyer in Australia and with insurance it was $50. Of course, I made sure to offer the buyer several pricing options and clearly explained where the costs were coming from, so she didn't feel cheated at all. A lot of sellers neglect to do this. Had I sent the same items via first class international without insurance, the cost would have been around $20. Lighter items are even cheaper, to most European countries I can send 3 or 4 ponies for about $6, and to Australia it'll be $12-$14.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:11:49 PM by babystarz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
I'm from the UK. Shipping from the UK to Poland depends on the weight , so here is a quick list  :)

Airmail , No tracking , but insured up to £46  (possibly a bit more than that now)
weight up to 100g  :  £2.70
101g-150g : £2.93
200g: £3.16
250g: £3.39
300g: £3.62
400g: £4.22
500g: £4.82
600g: £5.42

If you want tracking then add an extra £5.15, and if you want additional insurance (worth more than £46, and valued up to £500, then add another £2.60 on top of that

If you need prices for more heavier weights  just LMK   :awake:   Hope that helps a bit :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal