collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brown spots on seapony and float-pics  (Read 961 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Brown spots on seapony and float-pics
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Ib receieved a baby sea pony with her float in the mail today and there are brown spots on her belly and on her float. I can;t scratch them off, and I'm wondering if it's mold and if so, how to get rid of it? Acetone? Will a magic eraser work?
Got pics! A little fuzzy, sorry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:05:01 PM by xkelpiex »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Brown spots on seapony and float
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »
Unfortunately, there's no way to remove mold, cancer or age spots which seem to fall under the "brown spots" category. ):
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Brown spots on seapony and float-pics
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »
Nuuuuu. Maybe I'll sell her for bait, though iunno many customizers who use sea ponies...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »
I cant quite make it out but I think they do look like age spots/cancer...Sea Ponies are notorious for them - perhaps the water many of them were no doubt subjected to have some kind of contributing effect. You could try to sunfade it out I know some people have had luck with this, although some have not - but perhaps worth a shot if it is only the one or two small marks.

Edit: I should say - you ll probably still get someone willing to buy them for their collection rather than bait - baby sea pony floats are sought after
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 01:54:01 AM »
Please don't sell a G1 as bait just because it has a few brown spots. A few tiny spots does not make a G1 bait. Some people don't care about having 1000% mint ponies, and some specifically collect ponies with flaws.

Sell it as a G1 with some marks.

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 02:41:15 AM »
I agree, please don't bait this Sea Pony just because it has some age/cancer spots on it. Keep in mind that with each year G1 ponies get more and more rarer, and one the causes that contribute to this particular fact is that some people feel the need to label some of their figures as bait, or throwing them away, because they have some flaws on them.

Age/cancer spots can't be removed, but this pony, from what I can see, doesn't deserve to become a bait - it still looks presentable, plus it has it's own float. You can always try sunfading it - I heard some people were able to get rid of the age spots by sunfading their pony. If that doesn't work - you can always give it a few baths in Oxi Clean or similar detergents to prevent the cancer from spreading.

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
Thanks! I only mentioned selling it as bait because I was unsure if someone would buy it in this condition. But...I'm  now also thinking of keeping her. If I put her at a certain angle, you can't see the spots. I'm just worried about them spreading to my other ponies.
But, I want to know...if I try and sunfade, will the float's colours fade as well?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Thanks! I only mentioned selling it as bait because I was unsure if someone would buy it in this condition. But...I'm  now also thinking of keeping her. If I put her at a certain angle, you can't see the spots. I'm just worried about them spreading to my other ponies.
But, I want to know...if I try and sunfade, will the float's colours fade as well?

Thats what I do..."oh I ll certainly sell/trade this pony" and then within a couple of days she makes her way into my collection!

As she has one cancer spot she "may" develop more in the future but thats not certain and the cancer certainly wont spread to other ponies.

Fading of the pony or the plastic is always a risk with sunfading I think the key is to balance it between enough to remove the remark [if it is fade-able] but not enough to damage the plastic itself! So watching it closely is the best bet.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal